Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I would take Joe Thuney or Corey Linsley as my top 2 free agent choices. I would much prefer a veteran Olineman and a young RB over a young Olineman and a veteran RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would take Joe Thuney or Corey Linsley as my top 2 free agent choices. I would much prefer a veteran Olineman and a young RB over a young Olineman and a veteran RB.
    Between Davis, Flowers, and Kindley . . . where would Thuney fit? He'd cost somewhere between $12-14M/year. I think they have to target Linsley as their top choice in FA. I think a legit OC would pull this unit together and make them outstanding.

And I still think we have to look at OL early in the draft as well. I'm still going Sewell at #3. Jackson-Kindley/Flowers-Linsley-Hunt-Sewell . . . that's a destructive OL! Imagine not having to worry about the OL for years to come? LOL, I don't know what I would complain about then.

Drafting Sewell will improve our OT spot, bump Hunt to OG where is should be pro-bowl type player, improve our running game, and our passing game. I mean, he's the only player at #3 that improves multiple aspects of this team's problems imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Its not a bad draft, just not my cup of tea. I like the idea of getting aggressive but I wouldnt do it for a guy like Pitts.

But man, that Oline is nasty and you have a proven top back in Jones behind it. Elijah Moore is one of my faves and I would easily take him over guys like Toney or Marshall. Cox and the NT are good players and would help a lot.

Also Im completely torn on Richie Grant. Dudes great in man coverage and plays tough and would make sense as a Bobby replacement. But hes terrible at taking angles and I really dont ever want to see him playing deep. Youd have to be really confident that you could teach him the fundamentals of you took him that high. I just continue to not be excited about this safety class

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Between Davis, Flowers, and Kindley . . . where would Thuney fit? He'd cost somewhere between $12-14M/year. I think they have to target Linsley as their top choice in FA. I think a legit OC would pull this unit together and make them outstanding.

And I still think we have to look at OL early in the draft as well. I'm still going Sewell at #3. Jackson-Kindley/Flowers-Linsley-Hunt-Sewell . . . that's a destructive OL! Imagine not having to worry about the OL for years to come? LOL, I don't know what I would complain about then.

Drafting Sewell will improve our OT spot, bump Hunt to OG where is should be pro-bowl type player, improve our running game, and our passing game. I mean, he's the only player at #3 that improves multiple aspects of this team's problems imo.
    In my opinion none of these players are worth taking at 3. I would still argue to trade down and pick up assets. If we stay at 3 I would prefer Chase over Sewell. I believe there will be demand for teams to trade up to 3.

I am fine taking Linsley over Thuney. I am betting Linsley goes for more in FA than people expect. There seems to be a lot of interest in him.
    Last edited by Plague; Yesterday at 11:53 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516