Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1073
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    “According to Matt Miller, he is hearing around the league that the Dolphins head coach loves Penn State linebacker, Micah Parsons. The question is how much does he want him and what will the Dolphins do to get him if that is true?”
    Although it may be true, Miller has no sources, never has.

    He's honestly the biggest fraud in the internet draft industry there is.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,082
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Yeah but we have 4 picks in the top 50, 3 in the top 36.

    If they wanted to use a pick on a oline player they really liked, there's no reason to think they wouldn't.
    I guess the key word is "If they Wanted"....I just dont think they want to.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,376
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Although it may be true, Miller has no sources, never has.

    He's honestly the biggest fraud in the internet draft industry there is.
    Doesn't he work for ESPN now? Probably has a few ears to the ground, and frankly, wouldn't be at all surprising as Parsons is definitely the kind of player Miami would covet.

    Just hope that's not the plan at 6 overall... At 18, sure, I'm all for Micah Parsons.

    Imagine if we walked away with Pitts, Parsons and then say... Williams or Etienne in the second. Id be one happy camper.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Doesn't he work for ESPN now? Probably has a few ears to the ground, and frankly, wouldn't be at all surprising as Parsons is definitely the kind of player Miami would covet.

    Just hope that's not the plan at 6 overall... At 18, sure, I'm all for Micah Parsons.

    Imagine if we walked away with Pitts, Parsons and then say... Williams or Etienne in the second. Id be one happy camper.
    That would be pretty sad for ESPN. McShay was a fraud too, so its not like espn minds those guys.

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I guess the key word is "If they Wanted"....I just dont think they want to.
    Who knows, but if Leatherwood was available at 18 I think that would be seriously considered.

    If you drafted Pitts or Chase, and than Leatherwood, that would be a huge draft for Tua.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,226
    Apparently there's a reporter close to the Bengals organization that predicts most of their moves correctly and he said Chase has like a 95% chance of going to the Bengals.

    Everyone has the Jets taking Wilson at two. I still think there's a real solid chance they take Fields and that allows SF to go with Wilson and opens up a potential Mac Jones slide which really isn't good for us.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,376
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Apparently there's a reporter close to the Bengals organization that predicts most of their moves correctly and he said Chase has like a 95% chance of going to the Bengals.

    Everyone has the Jets taking Wilson at two. I still think there's a real solid chance they take Fields and that allows SF to go with Wilson and opens up a potential Mac Jones slide which really isn't good for us.
    I think Chase is going to the Bengals as well.

    It'll be interesting to see what the Falcons do, they are the major wildcard here. If they take Pitts, then very likely we are going to be drafting from the second tier of Smith/Waddle/Sewell (maybe).

    Or maybe they go out in left field and take Parsons, which would be pretty awesome cause I'd get to watch the forum implode

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,226
    Parsons is as good of a prospect as anyone. A lot of fans on social media think he's a reach at 6 and it's just not true at all. He ran a 4.39 at 245 pounds. In a league with all these mobile qbs he's a very important piece to a defense.

    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Parsons is as good of a prospect as anyone. A lot of fans on social media think he's a reach at 6 and it's just not true at all. He ran a 4.39 at 245 pounds. In a league with all these mobile qbs he's a very important piece to a defense.

    Personally, I would love to see Parsons in a Miami uniform. I am not a big fan of grabbing a WR early . . . Chase would be the only WR I would entertain at 6. For me it's Pitts, who I think is a generational talent, Chase or Parsons at 6. Otherwise, trade back and grab more assets as we have numerous holes still to fill.

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,910
    The 4.39 was at the Penn State proday, they are known to be fast there. His Combine number would be in the 4.45-4.5 range.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The 4.39 was at the Penn State proday, they are known to be fast there. His Combine number would be in the 4.45-4.5 range.
    I agree but no one has a combine 40 time this year. He's in the same boat as the rest.

    Chase is the best prospect in the class in my opinion but I don't hear nearly as many people complaining about how he opted out.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,082
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I think Chase is going to the Bengals as well.

    It'll be interesting to see what the Falcons do, they are the major wildcard here. If they take Pitts, then very likely we are going to be drafting from the second tier of Smith/Waddle/Sewell (maybe).

    Or maybe they go out in left field and take Parsons, which would be pretty awesome cause I'd get to watch the forum implode
    I am not saying the Bengals will or will not take Chase, but you would think with them already having Higgins and Boyd and Burrows getting killed last season behind that line that the Bengals would be looking to improve that line.

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Apparently there's a reporter close to the Bengals organization that predicts most of their moves correctly and he said Chase has like a 95% chance of going to the Bengals.

    Everyone has the Jets taking Wilson at two. I still think there's a real solid chance they take Fields and that allows SF to go with Wilson and opens up a potential Mac Jones slide which really isn't good for us.
    Source?

    And is this for just 1st round picks for the Bengals, if so remove the obvious Bengals selection of Burrow last year then what does 95% drop to?

    Burrow was sacked 32 times in 9+ games he played. Vikings, who have their own o-line issues, moved on from Reiff, and he ain't the answer at RT for them. The smart move for them is to go Sewell but the fantasy attraction of Chase and Burrow might win out.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,015
    Bengals are interesting in the fact that they could legitimately 'Bengal' their pick and actually take Pitts or Chase, which would ultimately make their offense scary as all heck, but would also be limited to 2nd and 3rd tier OL prospects in the 2nd rd. I still don't understand how a team can take their franchise QB #1 overall, and watch him get destroyed every week, and then finally hurt, and not upgrade that OL.

    I think the first three picks are Lawrence, Wilson and Fields. I'm not sure someone is going to trade up to #4 for Lance/Mac Jones. And I also don't think ATL will take one of them at #4 now. So I see them taking Pitts. CIN either protects their franchise, or gets Chase and hopes Burrow can remain upright another year.

    That's why I personally don't mind seeing Sewell fall to MIA at #6. protect the franchise QB. Open up running lanes. A really good running game will open up more passing opportunities and play-action for Tua. Tua will never throw 4800 yds and 40 TDs, I will never expect that. But if we can build a running game, and keep adding to our defense, then we can become a perennial playoff team with SB aspirations in another year or two.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Bengals are interesting in the fact that they could legitimately 'Bengal' their pick and actually take Pitts or Chase, which would ultimately make their offense scary as all heck, but would also be limited to 2nd and 3rd tier OL prospects in the 2nd rd. I still don't understand how a team can take their franchise QB #1 overall, and watch him get destroyed every week, and then finally hurt, and not upgrade that OL.

    I think the first three picks are Lawrence, Wilson and Fields. I'm not sure someone is going to trade up to #4 for Lance/Mac Jones. And I also don't think ATL will take one of them at #4 now. So I see them taking Pitts. CIN either protects their franchise, or gets Chase and hopes Burrow can remain upright another year.

    That's why I personally don't mind seeing Sewell fall to MIA at #6. protect the franchise QB. Open up running lanes. A really good running game will open up more passing opportunities and play-action for Tua. Tua will never throw 4800 yds and 40 TDs, I will never expect that. But if we can build a running game, and keep adding to our defense, then we can become a perennial playoff team with SB aspirations in another year or two.
    I agree with your top 3 picks. Mac Jones not going #3 hurts Miami's chances of Pitts or Chase as I see it unlikely a team trading to #4 for Lance or Mac. I never bought the Mac Jones crap to SF at #3. Always thought SF started this rumor so another team didn't offer a stupid package to the Jets for #2 to take Fields. Once the Jets traded Sam that pretty much guaranteed Jets were staying at #2 But I could be wrong.

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •