Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

2021 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

Officially locked in now thanks to Tannehill and something called Sam Sloman.

Weíre picking 3 and 18 to go along with 36 and 50. Season ended rough but we are in incredible position going forward.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-03-2021 at 09:49 PM.

It could of been worse... could of been picking 9th. Need a difference maker WR/Pass rusher. Clear it's a top heavy WR class so should be the pick.

My dream draft for the Dolphins.
    DeVonta Smith
    Najee Harris
    Jaylen Waddle
    Alex Leatherwood or Deonte Brown

Now what I think they should try do is.
    DeVonta Smith
    Najee Harris
    Penei Sewell
    Kyle Pitts
    I think they can trade down just a few spots and still get DeVonta Smith.

If any teams want lance, Wilson, or fields, theyll def be giving us calls.

Were def the wildcard in this draft. If we cant trade down, micah is the easy choice at 3.

After Darnolds performance today, I donít see the Jets passing on a QB. The #2 QB is going to be so interesting because I donít think thereís a unanimous pick. Some will have Wilson and some will have Fields. And knowing that 2 of the 4 top guys are gone in the first two picks will create such a big market.

Looking at teams that could trade up, hereís who I feel could be interested teams: Detroit, Carolina, Denver, possibly Philly all in the top 10. Then you have the middle teams like New York, Washington, San Fran and Minnesota. Then the playoff teams of Indy and Chicago.

Obviously I would prefer to not drop out of the top 10, but if you get an incredible offer Iím listening.

If they stay, flip a coin between Parsons, Smith, Chase or Sewell. I love the LB depth in this draft so Iím cool with waiting for one. Sewell is an elite player and would help make everyone around him better, but I donít think this staff will prioritize one individual Olineman like that.

WR will continue to be my pick. Thereís incredible depth there, but no after the top 3 guys I donít think thereís anyone that you could project to make an immediate impact. All three fix different issues, but theyíre massive issues.

The team desperately needs to shift away from the big bodied WRs that win at the top of their route. Get guys that win immediately to make things easier for Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    After Darnolds performance today, I donít see the Jets passing on a QB. The #2 QB is going to be so interesting because I donít think thereís a unanimous pick. Some will have Wilson and some will have Fields. And knowing that 2 of the 4 top guys are gone in the first two picks will create such a big market.

Looking at teams that could trade up, hereís who I feel could be interested teams: Detroit, Carolina, Denver, possibly Philly all in the top 10. Then you have the middle teams like New York, Washington, San Fran and Minnesota. Then the playoff teams of Indy and Chicago.

Obviously I would prefer to not drop out of the top 10, but if you get an incredible offer Iím listening.
    I'd throw atlanta in there too, I think theyll try to trade matt ryan for picks and go young.

If lance, wilson, and fields can push their stocks up, well be sitting good with trade back options

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I'd throw atlanta in there too, I think theyll try to trade matt ryan for picks and go young.

If lance, wilson, and fields can push their stocks up, well be sitting good with trade back options
    I think theyíll take one, but I canít imagine them trading up for one. It would be great if they were looking at one because it would help drive up value. Gotta hop ATL before they get one.

Does anyone know if they Texans pick is in front of ATL in the 2nd? If we donít take Najee rd 1 thatís my sweet spot for a guy like Jevonta but ATL desperately needs a RB as well. The main reason Iím so open to taking one RD 1 is because I donít think Miami can risk letting someone swoop in before them again. Two guys they loved in Taylor and Donna went off today so itís time to pull the trigger.

Also look forward to hearing about miami drafting a qb at 3.

That talk will be rampant this offseason.

True or not, and mia will eat that talk up by meeting with QBs to push the idea we want a qb.

Of course, it also could be true. While I was huge on tua this off season. And clearly he needs more weapons, I still expected to see him light it up much more than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I think theyíll take one, but I canít imagine them trading up for one. It would be great if they were looking at one because it would help drive up value. Gotta hop ATL before they get one.

Does anyone know if they Texans pick is in front of ATL in the 2nd? If we donít take Najee rd 1 thatís my sweet spot for a guy like Jevonta but ATL desperately needs a RB as well. The main reason Iím so open to taking one RD 1 is because I donít think Miami can risk letting someone swoop in before them again. Two guys they loved in Taylor and Donna went off today so itís time to pull the trigger.
    I think a new coach in atlanta will blow it all up and start over, trading matty icy would be part of that.

^^^^just depends on who they bring in. Kinda the same problem as Detroit. Ryan and Stanford are good enough that ownership says you gotta keep him, but the roster as a whole needs to restart. ATL is better than their record so I could see them convincing themselves that they stick with Ryan, but when are they going to pick this high again?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Also look forward to hearing about miami drafting a qb at 3.

That talk will be rampant this offseason.

True or not, and mia will eat that talk up by meeting with QBs to push the idea we want a qb.

Of course, it also could be true. While I was huge on tua this off season. And clearly he needs more weapons, I still expected to see him light it up much more than he did.
    They HAVE to at least look into it. If you love one of these guys and think theyíre better than Tua then take him. I donít think they will but having some actual interest only helps draw up the trade value.

Iím taking a young guy in the 3rd or 4th. I would love to take a shot on a guy like Jamie Newman. Fits the scheme and has some tools to work with. Worth developing and could add a bit of a spark to push Tua.

Trade down with both picks if the right deal is offered. Micah would be amazing. I think a a lot depends on what happens in free agency to. This years WR group is solid.

Yes the texans pick is ahead of ATL in 2ND at least on the site i looked at it was
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 01-03-2021 at 10:15 PM.

It actually isnít! I updated the first post to reflect the top picks. Teams rotate round to round with tie breakers. So ATL is in front of Miami in the 2nd. Iím telling ya, if you want to wait til the 2nd to draft a RB I could easily see a few go before we pick again.

Iím comfortable with Najee at 18, but if you want better value then trade back to the mid 20s and pick up literally anything extra just to make yourself feel better.

Another guy I love at 18 is Aziz Ojulari, but I doubt he fits what Flo wants out of the edge position.

I'm not drafting a RB in the top 18 picks. I just don't see the value that high imo. I'd certainly feel good about it in the 2nd, or late 1st, but not top 18. no thanks.

Of course I'd prefer to trade back from #3 and get a haul for a QB hungry team, but there are a few things standing in the way. Do both Fields and Lawrence enter the draft? What happens if one doesn't? I personally think both enter, and yes, I think NYJ takes a flier on a QB at #2. If there is a trade to be had, we can control the 2021 and 2022 drafts for the most part.

My early draft rankings (most logical for MIA meaning no Lawrence, Fields)
    1. OT Penei Sewell - would absolutely draft this stud at #3, no questions asked. I'd flip Jackson to RT. Sewell-Flowers/Kindley - OC - Hunt - Jackson. Done deal.
    2. LB Micah Parsons - elite LBer. Better than Isaiah Simmons and is not a tweener. True blue chip MLB that can do it all.
    3. WR Davonta Smith - I had Chase above him earlier in December, not anymore. Don't like his size, but his production and traits are pretty clearly pointing toward the #1 WR in the draft.
    4. CB Patrick Surtain II - now, i'm not saying at #3, this would be a trade down pick for me to be honest. I think he's elite at CB . . . same level, if not better than, Jeff Okudah. With more teams going into 3/4 WR sets, or spread sets, as well as Flo using multiple DBs any given time, I think he would be a fantastic pick
    5. DE Greg Rosseau - We need edge rushers badly. Again, he's not a top 5 pick imo, but a trade down candidate for sure.

At #18, depending if we go Sewell at #3, I'd look at Wyatt Davis. Smooth IOL guy that starts day 1. Also, I think Waddle drops a little and may be there at #18. Also, I think someone mentioned LB Zavin Collins. I'd have no problem at all taking Collins at #18 (again, my thought process changes if Parsons is our first pick).

Perfect scenario for me is Sewell and Waddle in the 1st rd, while scooping LB Dylan Moses and NT Tyler Shelvin in the 2nd rd.

The way I see it is Lawrence is going 1 and Fields is going 2. Either the Jets take Fields or they trade the pick to someone who does want fields.

With the above said if both Lawrence and Fields are gone how much are teams calling us for the 3rd pick?

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast