Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Sewell isn't a playmaker, hes a lineman, no way we take a lineman that high over a playmaker, we need playmakers.

Doesn't matter what position it is, we need to make more plays, that's Micah.

Micah on this defense would be an absolute monster.

Van Noy, Van Gink, Micah, Baker, would be the best linebacker group in the NFL, backed up by the best cornerback group in the nfl.

Thats a scary elite defense that is probably the best defense in the nfl. Yes we need offense help, we can still get that, but the strength of this team is still the defense, Go get Micah, hes that last piece we need to be a truly dominating defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Sewell isn't a playmaker, hes a lineman, no way we take a lineman that high over a playmaker, we need playmakers.

Van Noy, Van Gink, Micah, Baker, would be the best linebacker group in the NFL, backed up by the best cornerback group in the nfl.

Thats a scary elite defense that is probably the best defense in the nfl. Yes we need offense help, we can still get that, but the strength of this team is still the defense, Go get Micah, hes that last piece we need to be a truly dominating defense.
    I am not on board with taking a tackle with the 3rd pick. Reminds me when we took Jake Long 1st. Jake long was great for a lineman but we could of had Matt Ryan instead.

I still think if we can trade down to the 5 to 10 range and pick up a extra pick or two we can get a player we need, maybe even Parsons.

I doubt 5 or 6 would trade up but if we stay at 3 I am in on Micah Parsons or Davante Smith
    Last edited by Plague; 01-05-2021 at 10:38 AM.

We MUST trade down from #3 and pick up a 2022 1st! This was the most fun I have had rooting for Miami and against Houston all season! All jokes aside. I do believe we will be in a good spot for a trade down from #3. Whether it's QBs go #1 and #2 or #1 T Law and #2 Sewell. I don't see how it's not either of those 2 scenarios for now. Either scenario puts Miami in a great spot for a trade down if they choose. Ideally B Flo and Grier don't fall for the media BS and say Tua is our starter and we will build around him - hurts our trade leverage of the #3 pick and Tua if we do decide to go QB.

I am warming up to the idea of not going WR at #3 and the more QBs who go early in the draft (say top 10 or 12) the better. I do feel we sign 1 in free agency plus the return of Wilson. Parsons would be a great addition to the defense which we need. For Miami to compete in the playoffs on a regular basis and hope to contend for a AFC Championship we will need to have a top defense across the board and a solid run game. It's going to be tough for anyone to knock off the Chiefs for the #1 seed year in and year out.

3 is way too high for Micah. he isn't worth a top 10 pick

Zach Wilson, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell are my top 3 choices
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-05-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Micah is amazing, I don't think you'll get any arguments regarding that. But Sewell is THE BEST position player in this draft. A legit, blue chip, elite, OT that does not come around often. For those that believe Sewell is not a need, or is less of a need, look at the rankings of our OL. Yes, 3 of 5 were rookies, but we had one of the porous OL units in the NFL this year. Our running game was hurt by the lack of quality on the OL. Our QBs were sacked or hurried because of this OL. Sewell fixes the OL for the next 10+ yrs. Sewell may not be a 'playmaker' in your terms, but when he helps create running room for whoever our RB is, helps protect Tua to allow that extra second to throw . . . he allows our playmakers to make plays.

IMO, Sewell at #3 is the better overall, long-term, play for this team and the way its being built.

As for Micah, if Sewell is gone at #2 (which I honestly think is a possibility), then you won't have me arguing against Parsons at #3

The biggest problem I have with Sewell is that OT isn’t the problem with the Oline. Jackson and Hunt were fine last year. You need to fix this interior situation. Now you could get an upgrade at OT with him and hopefully Hunt or Jackson can move inside, but there’s no guarantee that either can. I know Hunt projects well, but why risk it when he was probably the best lineman by the end of the year.

Also in this current offense, Tua doesn’t REALLY need more time to throw. This is such a quick passing offense and most of Tua’s sacks came from miscommunication or him running into them.

Sewell is obviously a great player, but you just have so many other needs.

And I’m cool with Parsons, but at the end of the day he’s an off ball linebacker. Now he’s a freak and a better pass rusher than most offball guys, but it’s not like you’ll be rushing this guy on EVERY snap, so he doesn’t consistently help the pass rush. We can get sacks when we blitz already, we need to focus on when we rush only 4 guys.

Chase and Smith actually score you TDs, and that’s how you beat teams like KC and Buffalo. They are just too good to think that you could shut them down completely. You need to be able to win a shoot out and hope your defense makes enough plays like they did against KC this year. But you’re not going to win a slug fest with the elites in the NFL. So focus on making this an elite offense to go alongside a very opportunistic defense that can force you into mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The biggest problem I have with Sewell is that OT isn’t the problem with the Oline. Jackson and Hunt were fine last year. You need to fix this interior situation. Now you could get an upgrade at OT with him and hopefully Hunt or Jackson can move inside, but there’s no guarantee that either can. I know Hunt projects well, but why risk it when he was probably the best lineman by the end of the year.

Also in this current offense, Tua doesn’t REALLY need more time to throw. This is such a quick passing offense and most of Tua’s sacks came from miscommunication or him running into them.

Sewell is obviously a great player, but you just have so many other needs.
    i get your point, it's a valid point. Hunt was really decent when moved to RT, and Jesse Davis is best at RG, but the prospect of getting an absolute stud OT just entices me too much to back off him at #3. Hunt has the agility I want from OG, and he most certainly can kick inside to RG. I think that's why the FO drafted him, he is available to play RG or RT. We still need a hammer at OC. Karras just didn't do enough for me. I think we go OL early in the draft (meaning minimum one of our first 4 picks in the draft).

Chase and Smith are logical for me with a trade down, but not sure either are worthy of the 3rd pick. Over the past couple years, WRs taken top 5 have been:

Amari Cooper #4 in 2015
    Sammy Watkins #4 in 2014
    Justin Blackmon #5 in 2012

All three were really great college WRs. But in hindsight, would you take any one of these guys at the spot they went? Thats what scares me about WRs in the top 5 . . . its a total gamble. Sewell is super safe and elite at the position.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 01-05-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Grier said multiple times in his press conference that Tua is the starter in 2021. Said that they wouldn’t talk about their draft strategy today when asked about taking a QB at 3.

I appreciate the thought, but this could tank the trade offers. Obviously Arizona said Rosen was the guy but still, doesn’t help a lot. But at the end of the day it’s primarily about making everyone think teams like ATL, Philly, Detroit will take a QB.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-05-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Grier said multiple times in his press conference that Tua is the starter in 2021. Said that they wouldn’t talk about their draft strategy today when asked about taking a QB at 3.

I appreciate the thought, but this could tank the trade offers. Obviously Arizona said Rosen was the guy but still, doesn’t help a lot. But at the end of the day it’s primarily about making everyone think teams like ATL, Philly, Detroit will take a QB.
    I think they stick with Tua, and they should. I was disgusted by his performance in week 17, but after cooling off a bit, he had almost zero talent at WR for a couple weeks, and young, inexperienced OL, and a struggling running game without Gaskin for a couple weeks. I'd be shocked, and a little dismayed, if they went QB at #3.

Miami isn't taking a QB at 3.... It's ridiculous to think Tua played so poorly he's out of a job already. "Tank for Tua" was a half season audition, with no support, on a ten win team? Come on... There's no way they are giving up on him after one year, this is a year to start gathering up playmakers and seeing what the kids got. It does look like Herbert was the better pick but time will tell on that... Still, damned if you do and damned if you don't for Miami there. Tua certainly didn't light the world on fire but he was respectable, especially for a rookie going in cold with no training camp, coming off major injury no less.

Anyways, my dream scenario is trading back for an additional first and praying Parsons falls... If he doesn't (cause he shouldn't) then sure, I could see them taking a WR. I'm good taking a WR at 6-10, I'm far less fussy taking one at 3. Take a safer, elite prospect at that slot and grab a WR at 18. Get a RB at the top of round 2 or trade back into the first and get your guy, but this team needs playmakers.

My draft would be, assuming no trades:
    3. Parsons, though I wouldn't fault anyone for taking Sewell
    18. Best WR available
    Round 2. Best RB available
    Round 2. Best C/G available

Then I'd be seriously happy about our team going into next season...

The Patriots have a history of drafting QBS late, grooming them, then trading them a few years later for assets. Don't be surprised if we draft a QB in the 4th or later rounds not to compete with Tua but to groom.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The Patriots have a history of drafting QBS late, grooming them, then trading them a few years later for assets. Don't be surprised if we draft a QB in the 4th or later rounds not to compete with Tua but to groom.
    Teams were so amazed by the pats success that they assumed any qb that the pats developed would be great, which besides Brady hasn't been true.

I would be fine if we drafted Sewell.

But I dont think our oline was that bad, especially when you consider we started 3 rookies.

That NEVER happens, most teams wont start 2 rookies on the online let alone 3. Now they have a year under their belt and hopfully will have a full normal off season. I think our oline will be fine with or without sewell.

Micah would be the Earl Thomas or the Aaron Donald of our defense imo. Hes that superstar that can win games for you by himself. When you have a chance to draft a player that moves around the field so much faster than everyone else, you want to get your hands on those guys.

Micah is perfect for this defense.

Parsons is raw and can't cover

trade with Cincy so they can get Sewell
    R1 picks - Kyle Pitts and Jaylen Waddle - going to need to trade up from 18 which is why the trade down
    R2 - Landon Dickerson + Teven Jenkins for the OL
    R3 - Mohamed Ibrahim - the new starting RB

defense the rest of the way

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast