Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The way I see it is Lawrence is going 1 and Fields is going 2. Either the Jets take Fields or they trade the pick to someone who does want fields.

With the above said if both Lawrence and Fields are gone how much are teams calling us for the 3rd pick?
    Depends what they think of lance and wilson. Wilson being the guy most likely to make the jump in the draft imo.

Im not particularly high on any of them, but a lot of teams need a qb.

There’s still a lot to happen QB wise, but I firmly believe there would be a huge market if two QBs go top 2.

First off I don’t think QB 2 will be unanimous. Zach Wilson has sky rockets boards and one game doesn’t fix Fields. So now it creates multiple opportunities for other teams top guy to fall to us.

You also create a sense of urgency. Say ATL or Philly want a QB. Well now you can tell every other team “well if you want him you gotta get up to get him. Because he’s not making it to you”.

You’re not going to get a ground breaking offer, but I could see something like 1st and a 2nd or 3rd this year depending on how far you drop plus a 1st.

Obviously super early, but if the Dolphins can’t trade back I would bet Parsons is the pick. I just don’t know if they’ll value an OT or WR highly enough to pass on a guy that Flo would say is the missing piece to their defense.

I wouldn’t hate the pick, but Parsons isn’t winning you this game against the Bills. I’m so terrified that the Dolphins just won’t know what to do with the offense.

What does that even mean Parsons isnt winning you this game against the Bill's?

Who's winning this game against the Bill's for us?

I'll take parsons, probably the best player in the entire draft, over anyone else. You want to beat QBs like allen you need to be able to get pressure on them.

We can get the best player in the draft and we still have 3 more picks in the top 50 to add to the defense.

Miami Dolphins
    Micah Parsons
    LB, Penn State
    Miami Dolphins
    DeVonta Smith
    WR, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    Najee Harris
    RB, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    Alex Leatherwood
    OT, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    Christian Barmore
    IDL, Alabama
    Miami Dolphins
    Bubba Bolden
    S, Miami
    Miami Dolphins
    Tamorrion Terry
    WR, Florida State
    Miami Dolphins
    Jeremiah Moon
    EDGE, Florida
    Miami Dolphins
    Dicaprio Bootle
    CB, Nebraska

did this mock draft on the draft network. this would be perfect

Fields is a Georgia boy and Ryan will be 36 when the next season starts. he destroyed Clemson so it will temporarily make people gaga over him. Wilson should go #2. my temporary gaga is over

Miami trades #3 to Dallas for #10, 2022 2nd round pick, and Leighton Vander Esch. Dallas gets Penei Sewell

anyways my top option if it is 3 or trade down is Kyle Pitts. he is my draft crush this year. at 18 Najee Harris

I think QBs go #1 and #2 and I think we can leverage teams 4-9ish against one another for a trade down. I'd like to drop no further than #7 to still take Smith/Chase while picking up a 2021 2nd and a 2022 1st. Ideally, the draft goes T Law, Wilson, Fields to Atl with us trading down with the Falcons and picking up a 2022 1st and then entertain offers to drop down a couple spots for a franchise in love with Sewell. We cna still select whoever is elft from Chase/Smith/Parsons. If we don't go WR with our first pick then we can make an attempt with #18 and our 2nd to move up a few spots and grab Waddle, if he's still there. Obviously what we do in the draft depends on who we add/drop in free agency.
    It will be nice to have the return of Albert Wilson for a year, if he is in football shape. He is the type of receiver who can help Tua. Anyone else get the vibe Parker won't make it to the end of his contract in Miami? If we don't go WR in free agency then I'm not sure how we don't address it with 2 of the first 3 picks in the draft since this had to be a bottom 5 group in 2020.
    I have no problems taking Sewell/ParsonsChase/Smith with our 1st pick. Surtain I'm not on board with since we have 2 of the top 5ish paid corners int he game plus a 1st round pick who didn't have a off season to prepare for the NFL. But that could change on X's $ situation.

I'm honestly still on the fence about NYJ taking a QB at #2. I think that they also could get a haul for the #2 pick, and they need to rebuild the same way as MIA did, through the draft. ATL/PHI/DET/CAR can easily move up to #2, and provide NYJ will tons of draft capital. Darnold isn't terrible, he has talent. They can rebuild their defense and grab Darnold a WR1 with the trade back. It's not a foregone conclusion MIA will have suitors for #3.

At #3, the only logical options for MIA, in regards to elite talent and worthiness of the 3rd pick, is Parsons and Sewell. Anyone else is a reach at #3 (for our team at least, not saying others that want a QB). Sewell shores up the LT spot for the next 10 years, and bookends with Jackson to make a really nice pair of OTs for any QB. Parsons is the elite LBer that this team sorely needs, and can blitz and cover really well. Stud and new face of the defense if taken.

Smith and Chase, although very needed, I just see as reaches at #3.

As for Surtain II, I personally love the kid as a prospect (not in the top 5 right now), and loved watching his pop play for MIA as well. I know we have two of the best CBs right now, but like someone stated, what if X wins DPOY and demands to be paid as the highest CB in the NFL (again)? NE held on to Gilmore after he won DPOY and they regret that. His trade value will never, ever, be higher than it is right now. If X gets traded, watch out for a move for one of the elite CBs in the draft. I also think Iggy was drafted last year to be the future starter at NCB, not boundary like X and Jones. Needless to say, I love Surtain if X is traded, thats why he was on my short list of top prospects for us.

#3 has to be Penei Sewell all day. Every single one of our O-Line guys received marks below 60 according to PFF other than Karras with a 63. Our O-Line was not good. It's also incredibly young so there's time for development and growth which is normal. ( I will never understand signing Flowers over Conklin last year but anyway... )
    You always need depth at O-Line and you let the guys battle it out. Austin Jackson just turned 21, he's basically still a rookie. You take Penei Sewell and you let them battle it out, move one of them to RT, see who plays better (let's not forget Tua is left handed so RT is a little more important for us than LT unlike other teams).

Dallas was elite for years on offense and often due to O-Line. Their oline went to ***** and so did their run game and Dak got hurt. We will never know what we truly have in Tua until we get a good O-Line. Tannehill never had a good oline in all his years with us.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    #3 has to be Penei Sewell all day. Every single one of our O-Line guys received marks below 60 according to PFF other than Karras with a 63. Our O-Line was not good. It's also incredibly young so there's time for development and growth which is normal. ( I will never understand signing Flowers over Conklin last year but anyway... )
    You always need depth at O-Line and you let the guys battle it out. Austin Jackson just turned 21, he's basically still a rookie. You take Penei Sewell and you let them battle it out, move one of them to RT, see who plays better (let's not forget Tua is left handed so RT is a little more important for us than LT unlike other teams).

Dallas was elite for years on offense and often due to O-Line. Their oline went to ***** and so did their run game and Dak got hurt. We will never know what we truly have in Tua until we get a good O-Line. Tannehill never had a good oline in all his years with us.
    truth

Sewell is legit and the best OT prospect to come out in years. If we stay at #3, and he's there, and MIA does not get blown away by another team for a trade up, take him and win your draft with that pick alone. Not sure if anyone saw, but Jackson can move for a big guy . . . he was down in front of Gaskin on that Bowden pass-back play yesterday. He's going to be very good, fairly quickly. Sewell and Jackson help protect that pocket. Hunt can play RG. Kindley can play LG (although I'd prefer someone with some pulling skills there). I'd also target Humphrey at OC. I agree, you need protection to have a good offense. Even if Tua doesn't pan out, if you have a foundation of Sewell and Jackson, you have a foundation for another young QB down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Fields is a Georgia boy and Ryan will be 36 when the next season starts. he destroyed Clemson so it will temporarily make people gaga over him. Wilson should go #2. my temporary gaga is over

Miami trades #3 to Dallas for #10, 2022 2nd round pick, and Leighton Vander Esch. Dallas gets Penei Sewell

anyways my top option if it is 3 or trade down is Kyle Pitts. he is my draft crush this year. at 18 Najee Harris
    That would be an interesting trade, although vander esch has looked like a shell of himself with the many injuries hes had over the last few years.

I do believe dallas will be wheeling and dealing this off season though. They have too many needs to keep the roster as is.

I don't hope any player has a bad career I'm not that type of person. I just do not think Justin Fields Is going to be a good quarterback Trevor Lawrence It's going to be a really good quarterback.

walterfootball.com Has got us trading with Carolina back to #8 and we get DeVonta Smith #18 Zaven Collins #32 Najee Harris that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabama View Post
    I don't hope any player has a bad career I'm not that type of person. I just do not think Justin Fields Is going to be a good quarterback Trevor Lawrence It's going to be a really good quarterback.

walterfootball.com Has got us trading with Carolina back to #8 and we get DeVonta Smith #18 Zaven Collins #32 Najee Harris that works for me.
    that's funny I've seen some Carolina fans already pushing this scenario, and drafting Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm honestly still on the fence about NYJ taking a QB at #2. I think that they also could get a haul for the #2 pick, and they need to rebuild the same way as MIA did, through the draft. ATL/PHI/DET/CAR can easily move up to #2, and provide NYJ will tons of draft capital. Darnold isn't terrible, he has talent. They can rebuild their defense and grab Darnold a WR1 with the trade back. It's not a foregone conclusion MIA will have suitors for #3.

At #3, the only logical options for MIA, in regards to elite talent and worthiness of the 3rd pick, is Parsons and Sewell. Anyone else is a reach at #3 (for our team at least, not saying others that want a QB). Sewell shores up the LT spot for the next 10 years, and bookends with Jackson to make a really nice pair of OTs for any QB. Parsons is the elite LBer that this team sorely needs, and can blitz and cover really well. Stud and new face of the defense if taken.

Smith and Chase, although very needed, I just see as reaches at #3.

As for Surtain II, I personally love the kid as a prospect (not in the top 5 right now), and loved watching his pop play for MIA as well. I know we have two of the best CBs right now, but like someone stated, what if X wins DPOY and demands to be paid as the highest CB in the NFL (again)? NE held on to Gilmore after he won DPOY and they regret that. His trade value will never, ever, be higher than it is right now. If X gets traded, watch out for a move for one of the elite CBs in the draft. I also think Iggy was drafted last year to be the future starter at NCB, not boundary like X and Jones. Needless to say, I love Surtain if X is traded, thats why he was on my short list of top prospects for us.
    I really hope the Jets screw up the #2 pick.they need to take Zach Wilson. he is the #2 QB in the class and better than every QB in the 2020 class

As some of you have alluded too there will be a lot of movement player wise in this draft. QB's tend to move up the draft order between now and April.

I would love to trade down to Carolina and pick up some extra picks. We could easily get one of the players we still like at 8.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-04-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast