Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Chase and Pitts are not the end all with the #6 pick. Sewell is a generational talent at OT. If he fell to 6, and MIA took him, I'd be ecstatic. Nobody knows if Jackson is going to work out, or if Hunt will work out at OT. Sewell is as close to a sure thing as Lawrence is in this draft. Waddle has tremendous speed and route running ability . . . he'd be another great option at 6. Would Waddle, Chase, Pitts, or Sewell have been a great option, in terms of draft pick value, at #3? Not likely. But at #6, all three are good options. MIA will take an offensive player at #6.

If SF really does take Mac fricken Jones at #3, then they are stupid, and there will be a couple teams selling the farm to get to #4 to take either Fields or Lance, if ATL doesn't take one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    But we are talking hypothetically and the question was you couldn't trade back. All your scenarios invoked trading back but you just can't assume that'll be an option, they traded up already. You wouldn't be happy with waddle at 6, ok fine that's fair. So who do you take? Miami HAS to pick someone... Why shouldn't it be waddle over Sewell? Is anyone else really in the conservation? I guess Smith but I have a feeling that would upset even more people.

It's very easy to criticize what the team is doing but if it's so obvious they are wrong in their planning, then this should be a very easy question ?
    The problem is I don't think that hypothetical is realistic. If there is 2 QBS left at 6 I think we will have multiple offers, the question is are the offers worthwhile.

For discussion sakes lets say there is no offers. I would say for the Dolphins Waddle and Sewell would be acceptable at 6, but I believe Waddle is not worthy of the 6th pick. The problem is that the players that should be picked at 6 over Waddle are players of positions we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The problem is that the players that should be picked at 6 over Waddle are players of positions we don't need.
    Such as? Unless you mean Sewell? Who else would be in consideration here, regardless of needs?

If so, I'd argue Sewell would be a great pick to solidify the oline and we can grab a WR at the top of round two or even trade up from 18 for someone like Smith, if he drops at all.

Such as? Unless you mean Sewell? Who else would be in consideration here, regardless of needs?

If so, I'd argue Sewell would be a great pick to solidify the oline and we can grab a WR at the top of round two or even trade up from 18 for someone like Smith, if he drops at all.
    This. Sewell would instantly become the best OL player we have if drafted. If Pitts and Chase are gone, Sewell is not a 'consolation' prize. He is an elite, blue chip, player in this draft.

WR is so deep in this class. We can still get one in the 2nd too.

I will say that Chase is legit the only true WR1 in this draft imo. I think Waddle is tremendous as a WR2, but i don't view him as WR1 talent (right now). He could develop into one eventually. Pitts is disgusting! He would be the TE all future TEs are compared to in regards to elite. But Sewell is only 20, and only allowed 1 sack in two years. that's unheard of.

Chase/Pitts at #6 would be considered a grand slam for MIA (after the trade back), but Sewell at #6 is easily a 3 run HR, if not a grand slam as well

Okay so who does everyone want at 18? I feel like all the talk has been about number 6 lol. I am hoping we can get Kwity Paye.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Okay so who does everyone want at 18? I feel like all the talk has been about number 6 lol. I am hoping we can get Kwity Paye.
    Iím thinking EDGE is the most likely. Najee is tempting because Iím terrified of Jevonte getting sniped in front of us, but thereís a chance you can snag the top esge at 18.

Philips is the best in this class, but I wouldnít be surprised if they liked Paye.

If the first 5 picks are Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Chase, Pitts....

then I would say

I think the 2 QBS or Sewell would likely be the picks at 6.

After that your likely looking at the next tier of players like

Surtain
    Horn
    Slater
    Waddle
    And possible players like Smith and Parsons.

I think Sewell is a player who could drop out of top 10.

I don't think we would draft Sewell, have to remember we still have he 18th pick and the 36th and 50th also. We can add oline with those picks.

With the 6th pick they'll look for a big time weapon for Tua for sure imo.

I'm also not convinced Sewell is the high level OT hes being marketed as. Its nothing against his film, but he hasn't gone against anyone. He looked great, but didn't go against any elite guys.

We wouldn't trade back up for a oline guy, we traded back up to get tua an elite weapon.

Pitts, Chase, Waddle, most likely in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iím thinking EDGE is the most likely. Najee is tempting because Iím terrified of Jevonte getting sniped in front of us, but thereís a chance you can snag the top esge at 18.

Philips is the best in this class, but I wouldnít be surprised if they liked Paye.
    No thanks on first round running backs. It's just a bad business decision. Najee isn't a Derek Henry level back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If the first 5 picks are Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Chase, Pitts....

then I would say

I think the 2 QBS or Sewell would likely be the picks at 6.

After that your likely looking at the next tier of players like

Surtain
    Horn
    Slater
    Waddle
    And possible players like Smith and Parsons.

I think Sewell is a player who could drop out of top 10.
    I think Sewell could drop too, which is why I'm asking who Miami takes in this situation. You can't just say it'll be a QB, because everyone knows Miami isn't taking a QB, so there's very little incentive for a team to trade up with us to get someone who's going to drop anyways. Unless they are really worried about the Lions but it's not exactly like they have a ton of leverage. It's a very real possibly Miami will be sitting there with Pitts and Chase already gone and waddle or Sewell are the next best players. It's hard to say in that case "well, Miami should have gotten Pitts or Chase", I mean... How? Maybe in that case they shouldn't have traded back, or... Shouldn't have traded back up. It's all a calculated risk but I really don't think the drop off from Chase to waddle is as drastic as people here are making it out to be. Waddle looks like a younger tyreek hill, yeah I'd take him all day even though I prefer Chase over any of them.

We've come a long way from Smith at 3 lol though it won't surprise me if he's taken earlier than the draft pundits think.

As for 18, that's a good question. I can see Paye or Phillips. I don't think they'll take a RB and I know I was on the Najee at 18 bandwagon and still kinda am but I don't think that's the direction they'll go. Miami will trade back if they want to take a RB and if not, I'm expecting edge rusher or linebacker.

If Parsons somehow slips to there, it'd be a travesty to pass. I think NE is his hard stop though, so I don't know if that'll be a realistic option.

There's also some universe where Pitts can be grabbed at 6 and one of waddle or Smith falls to 18. I would do cartwheels down the block if that happened. Can you imagine getting Pitts at 6 AND Smith at 18??? Oof...

Leave me alone, a guy can dream can't he?
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 04-09-2021 at 06:55 AM.

I think Sewell could drop too, which is why I'm asking who Miami takes in this situation. You can't just say it'll be a QB, because everyone knows Miami isn't taking a QB, so there's very little incentive for a team to trade up with us to get someone who's going to drop anyways. Unless they are really worried about the Lions but it's not exactly like they have a ton of leverage. It's a very real possibly Miami will be sitting there with Pitts and Chase already gone and waddle or Sewell are the next best players. It's hard to say in that case "well, Miami should have gotten Pitts or Chase", I mean... How? Maybe in that case they shouldn't have traded back, or... Shouldn't have traded back up. It's all a calculated risk but I really don't think the drop off from Chase to waddle is as drastic as people here are making it out to be. Waddle looks like a younger tyreek hill, yeah I'd take him all day even though I prefer Chase over any of them.

We've come a long way from Smith at 3 lol though it won't surprise me if he's taken earlier than the draft pundits think.

As for 18, that's a good question. I can see Paye or Phillips. I don't think they'll take a RB and I know I was on the Najee at 18 bandwagon and still kinda am but I don't think that's the direction they'll go. Miami will trade back if they want to take a RB and if not, I'm expecting edge rusher or linebacker.

If Parsons somehow slips to there, it'd be a travesty to pass. I think NE is his hard stop though, so I don't know if that'll be a realistic option.

There's also some universe where Pitts can be grabbed at 6 and one of waddle or Smith falls to 18. I would do cartwheels down the block if that happened. Can you imagine getting Pitts at 6 AND Smith at 18??? Oof...

If we get Chase or Pitts at #6 and Parsons is on the board at #14...does anyone have interested in trading up from #18 to get him? I want to say that is the Vikings pick and god knows they need help on defense but they need help all over except WR and RB. I love Parsons and I don't buy the BS of him not loving football and all that crap at PSU. I have friends who are die hard State fans from the Harrisburg area (I love rooting against PSU) and not once was it ever mentioned I'd give up a 3rd and 4th this year plus a 4th next year along with #18. I wouldn't have a problem taking a tackle at #18. I am also fain with trading down too. I'm really not a fan of a RB at #18

The incentive for teams to trade up is they are competing against other teams to draft a QB. If Fields and Lance are available at 6 we will be getting calls from multiple teams to trade up. I have no doubt about that. Thats why I feel you are giving me a unrealistic scenario. There will be calls for trade ups, its just a question of how far are we willing to drop and are the offers worth more than drafting at 6.

^^^^ Weíre hearing more and more that the NFL isnít as high on this class as the media is. I think itís BS, but it would help explain why Jones has jumped so high. If thatís the case I doubt a team is really interested in trading up for QB4 or QB5.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I don't think we would draft Sewell, have to remember we still have he 18th pick and the 36th and 50th also. We can add oline with those picks.

With the 6th pick they'll look for a big time weapon for Tua for sure imo.

I'm also not convinced Sewell is the high level OT hes being marketed as. Its nothing against his film, but he hasn't gone against anyone. He looked great, but didn't go against any elite guys.

We wouldn't trade back up for a oline guy, we traded back up to get tua an elite weapon.

Pitts, Chase, Waddle, most likely in that order.
    Iíve been saying literally all of this for awhile now and no one has wanted to listen lol. So Iím glad someone else sees it.

This staff showed that they didnít prioritize an elite LT like we do. Why the hell would that make almost the exact same trade for Sewell as they got for Tunsil? Sewell is good, but heís not Joe Thomas, and the staff doesnít think they need that anyways. I seriously just donít understand why people think that this staff would give up 2 firsts for an unproven LT, when the Texans showed how terrible that is for an already proven top tier LT.

The same excuses we make for Tua can be carried over to Jackson. They didnít draft him for 2020, and thought he would be better with training. You canít give up on the 18th overall pick a year in when you had no offseason last year and knew he would need some time.

Some people believe Sewell is a blue chip OT prospect, like myself, and some don't. You trade up for blue chip players, period. If this FO misses on Chase and Pitts, and they elect to go Sewell, then i'll be perfectly happy with that. I'll also be happy with Waddle. I'd be okay with Smith. My super-sneaky, under the radar, highly improbable pick is Surtain at #6.

At #18, I'd be supremely happy with either Paye, Phillips, Ojulari or Moehrig. People may think I'm nuts looking at Moehrig at #18, but he's legit. We may not see the need for him in 2021 (take Iggy in 2020 for instance), but beyond 2021, he will be a highly talented, cost-effective safety to pair with Brandon Jones for the foreseeable future. If I had to choose, I'd go with Phillips at #18 though.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^ Weíre hearing more and more that the NFL isnít as high on this class as the media is. I think itís BS, but it would help explain why Jones has jumped so high. If thatís the case I doubt a team is really interested in trading up for QB4 or QB5.

Iíve been saying literally all of this for awhile now and no one has wanted to listen lol. So Iím glad someone else sees it.

This staff showed that they didnít prioritize an elite LT like we do. Why the hell would that make almost the exact same trade for Sewell as they got for Tunsil? Sewell is good, but heís not Joe Thomas, and the staff doesnít think they need that anyways. I seriously just donít understand why people think that this staff would give up 2 firsts for an unproven LT, when the Texans showed how terrible that is for an already proven top tier LT.

The same excuses we make for Tua can be carried over to Jackson. They didnít draft him for 2020, and thought he would be better with training. You canít give up on the 18th overall pick a year in when you had no offseason last year and knew he would need some time.
    We all know why Miami traded Tunsil except for you. Beginning of a major tear down w/Tunsil coming into a contract extension and 2 1sts and 2 2nds. Tunsil isn't elite and I'm not sure why you say he is.

I can see Miami taking Waddle then using #18 on one of the tackles who played RT in college ( Jenkins or Mayfield) if they have them rated mid round 1 on their board.

Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast