Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Monday Morning QB article by Breer suggests that ATL could/will either take a QB (if SF does not choose their preferred QB) or move down. I think we all had an idea that this was a distinct possibility. Now more reports are coming out that ATL is looking to trade back. If this comes to fruition, Grier's risk will be rewarded. I'd love to see CAR or DEN pull the trigger and move up to #4 within the next couple of weeks, before the draft. That would be very thoughtful of them LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Monday Morning QB article by Breer suggests that ATL could/will either take a QB (if SF does not choose their preferred QB) or move down. I think we all had an idea that this was a distinct possibility. Now more reports are coming out that ATL is looking to trade back. If this comes to fruition, Grier's risk will be rewarded. I'd love to see CAR or DEN pull the trigger and move up to #4 within the next couple of weeks, before the draft. That would be very thoughtful of them LOL
    ATL isnít trading with Carolina unless itís a crazy offer. And from what Benajamin Albright has been saying, he doesnít expect the Broncos to get aggressive at the QB spot.

I honestly think a team later in the draft might be the spot. A team like NE or Washington make sense. But are they willing to trade 3 firsts like Miami just set?

Well ****, Panthers just traded for Darnold.

This screams that they donít believe one of their top guys will be there at 8.

Hopefully it means ATL is going QB or they told the Panthers that they arenít listening their offer and only others.

Now Iím REALLY not seeing a way we trade back. If Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5, dropping to 9 could see both Smith and Waddle gone.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-05-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

Hopefully it means ATL is going QB or they told the Panthers that they arenít listening their offer and only others.

Iím also now not trading past Carolina now. Theyíll take a playmaker or Sewell.
    Yup - not trading past Panthers either.

Now Iím REALLY not seeing a way we trade back. If Pitts and Chase go 4 and 5, dropping to 9 could see both Smith and Waddle gone.
    Yeah that would be a disaster, trading back and losing out on ALL of those players? No way..

If we miss out on Chase or Pitts, I'd still be happy with Sewell, Smith or Waddle.

I think the first three are set, and I don't think the Panthers make this trade, this early, unless they really don't think a QB will be around by their pick.

That really only leaves Atlanta... So I really hope they are going QB too, so we can have our pick of playmakers at 6.

I really canít tell if this makes me feel more comfortable about one falling to us. Carolina either didnít like QB 4 or simply didnít think one would fall to them. Like I said, I donít see ATL trading with Carolina, and Cincinnati rarely trades back. So it could be that they just didnít think we would trade back and Detroit would take their guy?

Or the best case scenario is that ATL is just taking a QB no matter what.

QBs going 1-4, price was too high for them to try and pry the pick from ATL so they went a cheaper route. 2nd/3rd for a possible franchise QB is a good risk and lets them take BPA instead of grabing the 5th QB.

Not that it means anything but all the reports from today are about Atlanta trying to move out of the 4 spot. I don't think they're taking a qb.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Not that it means anything but all the reports from today are about Atlanta trying to move out of the 4 spot. I don't think they're taking a qb.
    They could take a QB but I don't get why everyone assumes they will.

Matt Ryan is still pretty good, it certainly wasn't his fault falcons sucked last year their defense couldn't stop anyone. They still have Ryan, Jones, And Ridley, I don't see why they would blow it up and start over, they just need to fix the defense and get it to average.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Matt Ryan is still pretty good, it certainly wasn't his fault falcons sucked last year their defense couldn't stop anyone. They still have Ryan, Jones, And Ridley, I don't see why they would blow it up and start over, they just need to fix the defense and get it to average.
    New GM and new HC and Ryan will be 36 in about a month and is very overrated. Yes their defense is the problem. Falcons have a ton of holes and are in a not so friendly cap situation. Grab the QB of the future at #4 whether it's Fields or Lance then move on from Ryan after next season. This roster and team is not even close to Super Bowl caliber so it's time to blow it up and move on. A massive trade down would also be wise if they can swing it.

Nice trade by CAR. Darnold is still so young.

I think one of three scenarios happened with CAR.

1. I think they attempted to get #2, but NYJ were not budging. So it came down to Darnold or bust between CAR and NYJ.
    2. They contacted SF to ask which QB they may be looking into at #3 and SF provided a teenie weenie bit of info on that (cause CAR was not getting #2). CAR knew their pick at QB would not be available at #4, so they went with Darnold.
    3. They tried desperately to get #4 from ATL but ATL was not going to provide a potential franchise QB to a division rival unless they paid a super ransom, and CAR balked. ATL may be sitting there asking themselves would they rather draft Lance/Fields, or play against them for the next decade?

My inexperienced, arm-chair GM mind thinks that ATL is going to take a QB at #4. They can squeak out of Ryan's contract in 2022 ($8m cap savings), or 2023 ($28M cap savings), which may be perfect timing for a QB like Fields or Lance. Or they shock everyone and take Patrick Surtain II at #4. I mean DET took Jeff Okudah at #3 last year . . . Surtain could be an option if they love him enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Schefter just reported that too. Iíd be surprised if it happens before draft day unless San Fran makes it obvious who theyíre taking.

I need this to happen right now tho. I need to know that weíre getting Chase or Pitts so I can finally be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Youíre not wrong, but thatís honestly why they should look at someone. Youíll probably never pick this high again with Ryan as your QB. This isnít a Packers and Love situation, this is a legit top 5 QB prospect you can get. Might as well take him and have him sit for two years.

But the absolute best thing for them is to trade back. Thereís really no defensive player worth 4, so trade back with say the Pats and snag best Edge.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-06-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Schefter just reported that too. Iíd be surprised if it happens before draft day unless San Fran makes it obvious who theyíre taking.

I need this to happen right now tho. I need to know that weíre getting Chase or Pitts so I can finally be happy.
    haha I'm with you.

Only thing that scares me is that this tweet usually comes from desperate teams who want to trade back but arenít getting the best offers. Main reason I think it might take until draft day so teams see if their guy drops to ATL.

There was another report that came out today that the new GM liked the idea of Lance at 4, but Smith thinks Ryan has another 2 years left in him at a high level. Doesnít mean that theyíre split and definitely not taking a QB at 4 if they stay, but if Smith really wants to just reload I could see him going with Pitts. Add that to an offense with Julio and Ridley and possible Jevonte in rd 2 would push that to a high level.

Ryan was never the problem in ATL, nor were their weapons. It's their horrid defense. They could go Pitts, which would take their offense to a new level. They could go Sewell which will protect Ryan for the couple years they want him there. But they can get out of Ryan's contract in 2022 with a big impact to dead money (which may not matter if they have a QB on a rookie deal), or 2023 with less impact.

It's a gamble on themselves really. Will they be picking in the top 5 again in the next 2-3 years? Will they have a chance to draft another potential franchise QB soon? I honestly do think they draft the leftover between Field/Lance. Both need at least one year to sit and learn, maybe two.

Grier is a smart dude. I trust him. If he believes 'their' guy will be there at 6, then you have to have some sort of football faith in the FO . They may love Waddle or Smith.

I mean, would anyone really be upset about getting an extra 1st, 3rd and one of Chase/Waddle/Pitts? I wouldn't. All three will help our offense be better than it was last year immediately.

Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast