Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1106
    I guess it's definitely running back by committee. We'll be throwing at least 3 bodies in there a game and maybe more.
    BTW I love the idea of punting a 5th to next year for a 4th. I mean, why not?

There’s a few good guys that will be there in UDFA. Obviously nothing awesome, but some notable names.

Honestly a few names I still really like. Ar’darius Washington and Kary Vincent Jr are just incredibly good players but super undersized. Safe Surratt and Hamilcar Rashed Jr are also guys I’d love to see, but not the best fit.

I would love to give Jacksonville a call and see what it would cost to get James Robinson.

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz

In ongoing press conference, Dolphins GM Chris Grier said "opportunity to" trade 5th this year for 4th next year (Pittsburgh's) was "too good to pass up."

More post draft conference quotes

Flores said new veteran LB McKinney "can handle a lot. Fast, physical, really good in the run game. Smart." Said he will play at line of scrimmage, off line of scrimmage, some off the edge. McKinney, an inside linebacker, has said he also can play outside linebacker.

Brian Flores on pickup of Rams FA RB Malcolm Brown, who becomes featured addition at position: "We really like him. Teliable, dependable and was productive for [the Rams]. He has played variety of roles: short yardage, goal line, third down."

Brian Flores speaking in-depth about how adding speed/playmaking ability on the perimeter such as Jaylen Waddle & Will Fuller should open up lanes for running game, take defenders out of the box.

“It’s a chess game,” and Dolphins hope new weapons force difficult choices.

Flores said decision to move on from Flowers was based on desire to give more opportunity to the young OL. Flores also thought Miami would draft OL (which they did). - he also mentioned Kindley, Hunt, and Eichenberg as an option at LG. Seems like Eichenberg isn’t a lock to just be moved to RT.

The past about Waddle and Fuller is exactly what I’ve been saying since yesterday. Those two just being on the field immediately changes how teams will play us. That with hopefully improved Oline play will improve the run game dramatically. I still think we should look for a bell cow next offseason, but I think it can be serviceable.

Overall I really love this class. Yes I would have preferred we snag a center and RB, but you were never going to fill every hole. But with Kindley playing at LG, Hunt moving inside, and hopefully Eichenberg at RT, I think you’ll be fine with Skura, Deiter, or Davis at C. I mean just last year I was rooting for us to sign Skura in FA. If he fixes the snapping issues I think he can be good.

Looking at the holes coming out of the draft, I think RB is obviously the big one, but Edge and LB are a little thin. I think McKinney plays a bit of Van Noys role at times and maybe they have Holland or Jones play alongside Baker at times. But I’d love to sign Melvin Ingram as a FA to replace Lawson. There’s quite a few good Edge guys out there.

Looking at the draft picks, obviously Waddle is my favorite. Dude is immediately the most dangerous player on the team. Phillips gives this defense the missing piece to potentially threaten those elite teams. You look at the loses we had, it was against QBs we couldn’t blitz effectively. Now having a threat to actually beat an Olineman 1 on 1 can push this defense to the next level. Holland can fill the role that Minkah was supposed to be. Gives a a versatile nickel with potential to be a playmaker at FS. Eichenberg playing anywhere on the line just gives us that solid piece that locks up in pass blocking. I would love for him to be a RT. Long can give us the actual inline receiving threat we’ve been missing, and I think an early reaction on Doaks could make him a steal in the 7th.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-01-2021 at 09:05 PM.

According to next gen stats we had the most athletic draft tied with the Arizona Cardinals.

Also since someone mentioned how we would probably be buried after day 2 by analysts, I’ve already seen Sporting News give us the top ranked draft alongside Mel Kiper. And of course Charles Casserly hyping us up for taking 4 guys that potentially could have gone round 1.

Good draft.

To tell the truth can't remember the last time one of our drafts got so much praise from high media guys. Really doesn't mean anything but nice to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Casserly loved our draft. I could care less what Kiper thinks honestly. But a lot of national media absolutely loved what Miami did.

I'm not worried about RB this year either. They have their version of speed and power with Gaskin (who for those that forgot averaged almost 100 total yds per game) and Brown (specializes is short yardage and pass blocking). The OL needed work, and Eichenberg helps big time in pass protection.

I think after another FA period and another draft and this team should be ready to compete for the AFCE division title, and possibly AFCC game too. We're not close to SB ready year, but this team is getting there.

I absolutely love our front office’s approach of acquiring future assets. I think having two firsts in 2023 is going to be a huge deal when the time comes even if they are both in the 20s.

I also think it was a good idea when we traded our 2022 first instead of San Frans. I loved the Trey Lance over Mac Jones pick because now they are probably more likely to miss the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    To tell the truth can't remember the last time one of our drafts got so much praise from high media guys. Really doesn't mean anything but nice to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Part of it is winning 10 games last year.

^^^^ the league desperately wants Miami to be successful. Tua had the 4th best selling jersey in the league last year, Flores is a well respected coach, and of course Miami is Miami. Now that the team looks kinda good and has had actual success the league is going to dump praise on us.

Obviously draft grades don’t mean much, but they still make me feel good. Here’s a collection of what I’ve seen so far today.

PFN: B+
    The Miami Dolphins made an incredibly strong start to the 2021 NFL Draft, giving them a great basis for their grade. However, their inability to get a running back severely hampers their final grade. Addressing the offensive line gives the Dolphins options in terms of the configuration of their line heading into 2021.

PFF Mike
    imo there were 3 teams who's draft classes vaulted them into being legit Super Bowl contenders this season:

Browns
    Dolphins
    Chargers

Brett Kollman
    The Dolphins had one of the best overall drafts in the league imo. Their roster is more loaded now than it has been in...honestly as long as I can remember.

Tua couldn’t ask for a better situation to take a sophomore jump (which hopefully he does).

Gil Brandt
    Drafts that come quickly to mind that stand out to me:

Lions
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Jaguars
    Bears
    Chargers
    Browns

Our draft standing out likely has a lot with us having 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Sporting News had us as the #1 draft class.

NFL Draft grades 2021: Ranking the best & worst classes
    1. Miami Dolphins

Grade: A

Draft picks: Alabama WR Jaylen Waddle, Miami EDGE Jaelan Phillips, Notre Dame OT Liam Eichenberg, Boston College TE Hunter Long, UMass OT Larnel Coelman, Cincinnati RB Gerrid Doaks

This was another great draft for Brian Flores and GM Chris Grier. Waddle keeps improving the big-play potential Around Tua Tagovailoa and Eichenberg should be his new starting right tackle. Long will help as a run blocker and additional receiver. Phillips will thrill Flores rushing the passer from several places in his front seven. Despite limited overall quantity, the quality was hard to beat with most key needs met.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Our draft standing out likely has a lot with us having 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.
    For sure, but making good picks still matters a lot.

All 4 players project to be immediate impact players too. Holland who is probably the player who gets the most complaints, is probably the best Nickel corner in the draft, and he didn't even play last season.

All his tape is from when he was still crazy young. The other 3 of the top 4 are all super polished already.

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast