Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    The Panthers and Dolphins will coach in the senior bowl.

Since the combine is in question, this is a huge opportunity to get to scout some talent up close. Usually the coaching pick goes to the top teams in the draft with existing coaching staffs, but the Dolphins didnít actually count as the 3rd team since it was Houstonís pick. This means a ton of teams passed on the opportunity.

Also the senior bowl is just 2 weeks away, and we still donít have a Dline coach or OC. Have to imagine that means news is incoming.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Did you see PFF mock:

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Dolphins select QB Justin Fields with Pick No. 3, 49ers send Pick No. 12 to Miami for QB Tua Tagovailoa.

3. MIAMI DOLPHINS (VIA HOU): QB JUSTIN FIELDS, OHIO STATE

It's not that I don't have faith in Tua Tagovailoa becoming a great franchise quarterback; I just think that Justin Fields has a better chance of becoming one.

First off, Fields is a better prospect than Tua was coming out. And considering that Tua still has a lot to prove after this season, this should be an easy choice.

Fields did have a couple of hiccups this season against the coverage rotations of Indiana and Northwestern, but he bounced back in a big way in the College Football Playoff Semifinal. The Ohio State Buckeye got his revenge on the Clemson Tigers and put together one of the best CFP performances we have recorded. Fields caught Clemson off-guard several times with tempo and came away with a 94.6 passing grade. He was deadly accurate in that contest and has been throughout the entire season. In fact, Fields leads all FBS quarterbacks in the percentage of accurate passes thrown beyond the line of scrimmage (73.4%) by eight percentage points.

The Buckeyes' offensive scheme is favorable, and it has benefitted from top-tier route-runners opening up a lot of throws, but Fields has still shown exceptional decision-making and accuracy. And letís not forget how much of a threat he is in the run game.

12. MIAMI DOLPHINS (VIA SF): LB MICAH PARSONS, PENN STATE

TRADE! San Francisco sends the 12th overall pick (and others) to Miami for quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

The Niners, in this scenario, find themselves in the out-of-luck category here, with the top five quarterbacks snatched off the board in the top 10. However, they take themselves out of that category by making a phone call to Miami and acquiring Tagovailoa. Miami, in turn, uses the 12th pick on the best off-ball linebacker prospect since Luke Kuechly.

Parsons opted out of the 2020 season and didnít play a down all year, but he was the highest-graded player in all of college football at the position (91.6) the year prior. He shined in nearly every facet with a 94.8 run-defense grade, 26 pressures on 94 rushes and just six missed tackles on 111 attempts. The only knock is the subpar ball production (four pass breakups in two years), but the combination of power, explosiveness and overall athleticism for a human his size, along with the standout tackling, blitzing prowess and instinctual play, makes him a rare prospect that Iím sure Brian Flores would covet.

So its......

Trade for Watson and move on from Tua?

Draft Fields and trade away Tua?

Continue rebuild with Tua, WR Smith(#3) and RB Harris(#18)

Which direction should Miami go??

I like this future a more tooled up Defense(Draft and FA signings) and this offense.

Qb - Tua
    Rb - Harris
    Wr - Parker
    Wr - Smith
    Te - Gesicki
    OL - More experience under their belts.
    Last edited by esb; 01-11-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Since weíre talking about mock drafts, CBS had us taking Sewell and DT Christian Barmore. I spent the rest of the day laughing at the idea of taking a DT high for the third straight season. It turned to tears as I pictured Grier playing it safe and actually doing it.

okay, Devonta Smith, I finally see you at #3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    okay, Devonta Smith, I finally see you at #3 lol
    I tried tellin you guys. If you like him at 6 or 8 you should like him at 3. I will probably still have Jamar Chase over him because I think his upside is higher, but Smith will absolutely be in the conversation at 3.

Now I just need to keep wearing you guys down on Najee at 18......

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I tried tellin you guys. If you like him at 6 or 8 you should like him at 3. I will probably still have Jamar Chase over him because I think his upside is higher, but Smith will absolutely be in the conversation at 3.

Now I just need to keep wearing you guys down on Najee at 18......
    I still have Etienne as RB1, with Najee RB2. I think I'd still prefer to add talent to the OL in the 1st rd before adding a RB, but that's just my preference. I'd still take OG Wyatt Davis at #18 over both RBs as it stands right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I still have Etienne as RB1, with Najee RB2. I think I'd still prefer to add talent to the OL in the 1st rd before adding a RB, but that's just my preference. I'd still take OG Wyatt Davis at #18 over both RBs as it stands right now.
    I just donít see an interior guy worth a first, unless youíre converting someone from a tackle. Davis got whooped last night by Balmorea and heís been dropping lately. To me an OG early, especially in this draft, is worse than taking a RB early. You still need to address it for sure, but sign Thuney in FA and draft a Center at 50. You need playmakers in the first.

Etienne will be high on some teams boards, but I donít think we need his style of RB. He fills a similar role as Gaskin, albeit probably better than Gaskin would. But we need a physical back that can create after contact. Itís why I want Jevonte Williams so bad, but Iím terrified that he wonít fall to 36. Heíll be a target doe the Jets or Falcons unless Najee falls or they prefer Etienne.

To really emphasize why I want Jevonte so badly, dude broke a tackle on 46.5 of his rushing attempts! Easily the top player in the country. Najee was 5th at 29.7 so thatís a crazy jump. He also averaged 4.6 yards after contact per attempt. Dude is Nick Chubb 2.0 and would immediately make this a much more consistent run game.

We have so many options in this draft, its impossible to know where well go with it. Especially once you add Watson to the mix, which IMO the writing is on the wall that hes gone.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...rolfe-january/

Just saw this mock and I know its not realistic but this would be amazing! Trade down twice and still get Smith plus 2 extra 1st round picks in the 2022 draft then getting Rousseau at 18 somehow.

Still like Chase more but think Smith would be a great piece for us and Rousseau is my favorite edge rusher in this draft. Pick up Javonte Williams in the 2nd and I'd love that draft

Quote Originally Posted by phinsfan34 View Post
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...rolfe-january/

Just saw this mock and I know its not realistic but this would be amazing! Trade down twice and still get Smith plus 2 extra 1st round picks in the 2022 draft then getting Rousseau at 18 somehow.

Still like Chase more but think Smith would be a great piece for us and Rousseau is my favorite edge rusher in this draft. Pick up Javonte Williams in the 2nd and I'd love that draft
    If we got another WR in FA, then it would not bother me at all to trade back multiple times from that 3rd pick. But there are only a couple legit, elite, blue chip prospects in this draft (Lawrence, Sewell, Parson, Chase and potentially Smith), and at #3 you are guaranteed to get one of them no matter what. I can legit seeing them trade back once, while snagging at least a 2021 2nd rd pick, but I don't think they drop out of the top 7 of the draft.

But if this draft actually happened, I'd LOL all night long

Yea I know Iíve been pounding the table for Smith and would love it, but I prefer Chase at the end of the day. Smith would be productive and help keep the offense moving, but Chase has the physical tools to do more in the league.

Plus Alabama did A TON to get him open consistent. Tons of designed plays to get him open. He absolutely capitalized on it and has the route running to get open in the NFL, but I worry about just how much he can do when someone actually gets their hands on him in the NFL. Heíll be a great slot in the NFL, but I donít see him being able to win consistently on the outside in the NFL.

Devonta Smith just accepted an invite to the Senior Bowl. Hopefully we get the chance to coach him but either way Flo will get some good scouting on him.

Apparently Miami will coach Smith because Panthers gave an extra receiver on its roster

From Jim Nagy

ď Excited to add Heisman winner Devonta Smith to this yearís Reeseís Senior Bowl. He will not be cleared to participate in any on-field activities due to thumb injury but he will go thru team meetings with Coach Floís🐬 staff and interview with decision-makers from all 32 clubs.Ē

This was the most important thing for scouting him. Remember the reports of how Flo ran a meeting with the Auburn scouts where he ran them through a full film review and game plan scenario. Heís going to focus so much on can you retain information and do you put in the day to day work.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast