Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Pretty sure Vernon Davis was the highest picked TE and he went either 5 or 6.

Iím just ready for it to be over. This offseason has miserable lol.

Btw I cannot wait for them to select Slater over Sewell. This board is going to be a full meltdown.
    Davis was picked 6th but yes, he and Kellen Winslow are the last two top TE picks who's made the pro bowl (Winslow made one in his career, I believe Davis made two).

Look at how many TEs drafted later who were great... Kelce, Waller, Kittle, Gronk... The list goes on and on....

I love Pitts, he's my top target... But to say the draft is ruined because we missed out on him is such ****ing hyperbolic nonsense.

I hate the NFL media sometimes.

The panthers traded Bridgewater to Denver. According to Colin Cowherd the Pats and Panthers have a trade worked out if the player NE wants is available at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    The panthers traded Bridgewater to Denver. According to Colin Cowherd the Pats and Panthers have a trade worked out if the player NE wants is available at 8.
    Sigh... They are going to trade up and get Fields and he's going to torture us for the next 15 years.

FFS.

Fields is a stud.. I really don't understand why he's falling, he should have improved his draft stock, not tanked it.

If not Pitts or Chase I am hoping for a trade down. I am kind of to the point where I wouldn't mind a drastic trade down to 20-21 if it means we get a large bounty.

I have read multiple times where the Dolphins are trying to avoid opt out players. If thats the case Parsons and Chase might not be targets.

▪ Pro Football Networkís Tony Pauline, a longtime draft analyst, told me in a conference call on Wednesday that his dream scenario would be Chase at 6 and Alabama running back Najee Harris at 18 ďand fill it in with some defensive players and offensive linemen later on in the draft. [But] I donít think thatís the way theyíre going to go.

ďIíve reported there are some people in the front office who really want to stay away from opt out players. Thatís why they traded down from No. 3. I donít agree with that.

ďSomeone told me there were a few people in the front office who were having buyers remorse. They thought they moved up into the sixth spot a little bit too soon. If a team like Denver wants to move up three spots to get one of the quarterbacks, I think Miami would move down. I donít think theyíre going to move that far down because they want to stay within the top 12 to get one of the premier players in this yearís draft.Ē

Makes a lot of sense to me. I could see a trade back but ultimately they likely stay at 6 and take Waddle or Smith.

Assuming Pitts and Chase are gone ofc. Be interesting to see what would happen if Sewell goes 5 and we still take Waddle/Smith.

The meltdown would be sooooo epic. Id Lol 😅

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I agree the team needs more playmakers, but its not like the cupboard is empty at WR or TE. We're lacking a RB1 right now on offense, and a good OC and RT as well. If we come out of rd 1 with, say Sewell and Harris/Etienne (whether trading back, trading back into rd 1, etc), then we fix two glaring holes on offense immediately night 1. Rd 2 can be spent on the slot WR and DL/LB.

I'm not sure people are realizing that this draft is DEEP at slot WR, which right now seems to be our weakness in the WR group imo. Parker and Fuller are both outside WRs, as is Williams. Our slots are . . . Grant? Wilson or Hurns, who both sat out 2020? The concept of going Sewell at #6 should not be far-fetched by any means.

Jackson-Kindley-Skura/Deiter-Hunt-Sewell is a really nice OL, which by standards was below average last year. Hunt and Kindley and help bolster the interior, even if Skura struggles a bit. And I firmly believe Sewell can be left on an island handling himself Week 1.

I tried to warn everyone to be prepared for Sewell at #6 . . . no one believes me. and I'm okay with that. Cause I'd love Sewell on that OL.
    I believe you. Pitts, Chase, Waddle Sewell, Smith, trade back are all possible. Depends on what the Dolphins prioritize and what happens at 4 and 5.

I'd like to see Pitts at 6 then trade up from 18 to 9 and select Waddle (1A) or Parsons (1B)

Albright has said we have had talks with Denver about 9. And Denver wasn't dealing up but down so would be 18 to 9th. Seawell 6th, Waddle 9th?.

Also crazy possible we trade back from 6th to somewhere farther back in the teens-twenties but then deal up to 9th to get Waddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Albright has said we have had talks with Denver about 9. And Denver wasn't dealing up but down so would be 18 to 9th. Seawell 6th, Waddle 9th?.

Also crazy possible we trade back from 6th to somewhere farther back in the teens-twenties but then deal up to 9th to get Waddle.
    Iíd be on board with that. Iíve warmed up to the idea of doing the small trade back, still think itís dumb but I prefer that and taking Waddle/Smith over Sewell/Slater at 6. But I still think the best trade down is with the Bears or WFT to get another haul if Pitts or Chase are gone. I think the Bears are going to be a dumpster fire so Iíd hop on it.

Trading up to 9 is interesting. I just donít see how you do it unless you do a big trade back. Itís going to take a lot to move up from 18-9.

If they take a LT at 6 (which oh my god if itís Sewell Iím going to die), the WR I want is Elijah Moore. Knock off Waddle. Incredible speed for deep balls and plays so much bigger than his size. Compliments Fuller and Parker beautifully too. Dude just looks like AB.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Davis was picked 6th but yes, he and Kellen Winslow are the last two top TE picks who's made the pro bowl (Winslow made one in his career, I believe Davis made two).

Look at how many TEs drafted later who were great... Kelce, Waller, Kittle, Gronk... The list goes on and on....

I love Pitts, he's my top target... But to say the draft is ruined because we missed out on him is such ****ing hyperbolic nonsense.

I hate the NFL media sometimes.
    Damn I forgot about Winslow. Omar has talked about it a billion times too lol.

Thatís a fair conversation, but I think itís one of those things where the NFL game has changed so much in that time. I mean TEs are playing more and more outside. Kelce played 60% of snaps out wide last year. As the NFL continues to evolve the TE is becoming more and more dangerous. Thatís why a guy like Pitts is so exciting.

Itís not going to ruin it for me, but missing on talents like Pitts or Chase will hurt. I just donít think a LT is worth trading that extra first for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post

The wording that was said by the Denver GM is deceptive. He said he has talked to Chris Grier, however he didn't say they talked about a trade. He Also said he hasn't talked to anyone about trading up the draft only down. I think people are putting 2 and 2 together and assuming that he talked to the Dolphins about trading down.

Its also possible that Chris Grier is talking with someone like the Bears to trade down from 6 and in return trade back to 9 from 18. Too many possibilties.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Iíd be on board with that. Iíve warmed up to the idea of doing the small trade back, still think itís dumb but I prefer that and taking Waddle/Smith over Sewell/Slater at 6. But I still think the best trade down is with the Bears or WFT to get another haul if Pitts or Chase are gone. I think the Bears are going to be a dumpster fire so Iíd hop on it.

Trading up to 9 is interesting. I just donít see how you do it unless you do a big trade back. Itís going to take a lot to move up from 18-9.

If they take a LT at 6 (which oh my god if itís Sewell Iím going to die), the WR I want is Elijah Moore. Knock off Waddle. Incredible speed for deep balls and plays so much bigger than his size. Compliments Fuller and Parker beautifully too. Dude just looks like AB.
    This is the ideal team to trade down with. I believe the bears roster is pretty crappy and could easily be a pick between 8-15 and pretty close to a guarantee they won't make the playoffs with how difficult the WC race will be.

i still feel Smith will drop if we don't select him at #6. Just a hunch I have. I do like the idea of trading up from #18 to get a Waddle/Smith or Parsons if we trade down far from #6. But we better net at least 2 1s and 2 2s in doing so.

If both Chase and Pitts are gone, I'd have zero problem trading back to #19 or #20. Going back that far would most likely net us 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and probably a mid-round pick in another year, if not more. Talk about cheap roster building . . . MIA would literally have multiple draft picks in the 1st rd every single year for the next couple years. And I agree, if they trade back that far, they are most likely using some of those picks to move back up.

If it means we screw NE out of Fields, then I'm down LOL.

But in all seriousness, I believe MIA stays at #6 tonight. I believe CIN goes with Sewell/Slater to protect Burrow, and MIA takes Chase at #6. I think MIA may trade back to #22 with TEN, as I think Darrisaw will be there and TEN may want to scoop that up. Then at #22, MIA takes their highest rated RB on their board (I wouldn't be surprised if its Javonte Williams). I mean, I'm a full on 100% Sewell fan for MIA . . . but CIN can't be that stupid to protect Burrow, right?

A near perfect 1st rd with Chase and Harris/Etienne/Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    If both Chase and Pitts are gone, I'd have zero problem trading back to #19 or #20. Going back that far would most likely net us 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and probably a mid-round pick in another year, if not more. Talk about cheap roster building . . . MIA would literally have multiple draft picks in the 1st rd every single year for the next couple years. And I agree, if they trade back that far, they are most likely using some of those picks to move back up.

If it means we screw NE out of Fields, then I'm down LOL.

But in all seriousness, I believe MIA stays at #6 tonight. I believe CIN goes with Sewell/Slater to protect Burrow, and MIA takes Chase at #6. I think MIA may trade back to #22 with TEN, as I think Darrisaw will be there and TEN may want to scoop that up. Then at #22, MIA takes their highest rated RB on their board (I wouldn't be surprised if its Javonte Williams). I mean, I'm a full on 100% Sewell fan for MIA . . . but CIN can't be that stupid to protect Burrow, right?

A near perfect 1st rd with Chase and Harris/Etienne/Williams.
    I think the Bengals take Chase. It's such a Bengals thing to do...

Thank goodness today has arrived. The build up is too much lol time for action.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I think the Bengals take Chase. It's such a Bengals thing to do...

Thank goodness today has arrived. The build up is too much lol time for action.
    Oh it's highly possible. They are going to take Chase, and a great use 3WR set. Which will give Joe Mixon zero running lanes again, and allow Burrow to get demolished by those defenses in the AFCN. if they take Chase, imma literally LOL cause that's the wrong move.

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast