Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think if the Niners take Mac Jones that will really help our pick at 6. I get the idea that the Niners are the only team that are high on Jones, kind of like the year when the Bears took Trubisky.

I am not high on Smith. I see him as too risky. If he dropped to our 18th pick I would consider him, but at 6 I would take Chase, Pitts, Waddle, and Sewell over him and I am not high on taking Sewell 6th. If Chase and Pitts are gone my favorite move is drop to 8 or 9 and pick up extra picks. If Fields or Lance are available when we pick 8 or 9 and we can get a nice haul from say the Pats I would consider dropping again.
    I feel the same way, if Chase or Pitts not there at 6 then trade back. If the board falls in our favor then trade back again. We have several holes to fill and getting extra picks would allow us to fill those spots. There are many great players available through the first 3 rounds. Though we do need some of those key players that could launch us to a higher tier in the league. Can't wait for the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Falcons are apparently listening to offers for Julio, which is making some people think theyíll likely take Pitts if it happens.

Personally I think trading Julio should make them embrace the long term rebuild even more. But the Falcons seem like a dumb team.
    Pitts and not Chase?

They are not looking to deal him but are listing on Julio.

If they deal Julio I just don't see how you take Chase or Pitts there, your rebuilding then. Take Fields or deal out and pick up picks to help the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    They are not looking to deal him but are listing on Julio.

If they deal Julio I just don't see how you take Chase or Pitts there, your rebuilding then. Take Fields or deal out and pick up picks to help the rebuild.
    Exactly. It just doesnít make sense. But the media really hammered in that it would mean Pitts.

The only reason it makes sense for the Falcons to take Pitts instead of a QB is so they build a crazy offense immediately around Ryan. Just go full Titans under Smith where you just score 40 every week and try to win that way.

Btw Armando compared Waddle to Ginn today because heís fast. He also said on their podcast that he would take Smith because he could be as good as Jarvis who is on his way to a HOF career.

So itís gonna be a fun week.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Exactly. It just doesnít make sense. But the media really hammered in that it would mean Pitts.

The only reason it makes sense for the Falcons to take Pitts instead of a QB is so they build a crazy offense immediately around Ryan. Just go full Titans under Smith where you just score 40 every week and try to win that way.

Btw Armando compared Waddle to Ginn today because heís fast. He also said on their podcast that he would take Smith because he could be as good as Jarvis who is on his way to a HOF career.

So itís gonna be a fun week.
    I prefer the comparisons I see here to Tyreek or Steve Smith over comparisons to The Ginn Family. Waddle is stronger. I think the comparison is probably due to where we are picking this year (roughly...6 vs 9) and the blazing speed. The Family went on to have a nice long career, but I'd like a tougher guy like Waddle myself. Also, Waddle seems to have more quickness and burst whereas Ginn, being more of a long strider wasn't as much like that IMO, although blazing fast once he was in the open.
    Of course, this is based on limited viewing of Waddle for me.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-26-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post
    Watching the Parsons tape, and Iím no scout obviously, other than the sacks I wasnít impressed. He was a linebacker hitting RBs and giving up an extra yard or two each time. I would have expected it to be a solid stop more often than not. Raise the talent level in the NFL and I could see a lot of missed tackles.

That said, if analysis is heís that good, I wouldnít mind him at 6. I know itís a lower priority position, but seeing how good Patrick Willis was in the past, and then adding in Navarro Bowman, I donít think it was a coincidence the 49ers were in a Super Bowl with those guys on the team. I really appreciate top tier LB play, and we havenít had it in ages.

Seeing all the debate, Iím not high on the WR. Iíd like Pitts or Sewell. Parsons if heís supposed to be that good would be fine. Too often high end WR are found later in the draft. Unless itís a Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson type player, which from my understanding none of them are, I donít see the need to draft them very high. Teams like the Steelers find incredible value later in the draft consistently at the WR position. It takes time for them to develop in most cases anyway, whereas top tier line play can be had from day one usually. And I hugely devalue the RB position. You look at the top guys; McCaffrey, Barkley, Kamara, Henry, Elliot - Hurt, hurt, 3rd round, Line/exception, Line. Line play can make all the difference when itís elite. And gets too banged up to draft in the first round, plus later round players are just as likely to pop.

Pitts/Sewell at 6, OL/def at 18. WR/RB in 2nd and 3rd.
    Nailed it! Draft smart.. Pitts or Sewell if not trade back to 9

The falcons putting it out there that Julio is available is proof Miami made a smart trade.

They would trade the pick but they aren't getting any takers for the price they wanted.

Miami was brilliant because they made the trade early, and got a good price. The falcons are now showing their cards that they aren't getting the offers they want for the pick, and will draft a player, instead. So instead of trying to get a huge haul they have now resorted to trying to trade Julio.

Miami was smart to make the trade when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    The falcons putting it out there that Julio is available is proof Miami made a smart trade.

They would trade the pick but they aren't getting any takers for the price they wanted.

Miami was brilliant because they made the trade early, and got a good price. The falcons are now showing their cards that they aren't getting the offers they want for the pick, and will draft a player, instead. So instead of trying to get a huge haul they have now resorted to trying to trade Julio.

Miami was smart to make the trade when they did.
    I half agree. they got a great haul of assets for the pick, that's true. but if they were targeting Kyle Pitts with that trade in mind, then I think they failed. They would have had to stay at #3 to get Pitts imo.

If SF actually traded those picks to MIA for Mac Jones, then it is a HUUUUUUUGE coup for MIA. Cause right now, it seems that some teams that were in the top 10 might not have even had Jones on their radar.

And I agree with ATL. They are trying desperately to move #4, I think that's clear. But I don't think any team outside the top 10 is going to pay the massive asking price after MIA set the standard for a trade up into the top 5 picks from teams outside the top 10 right now. ATL will pick at #4 unless DEN blinks and trades up (which would be amazing for MIA cause it would guarantee Pitts or Chase at #6). At #4, I think it comes down to either Fields or Pitts, unless they do trade Jones, then you can throw Chase in there as well.

Flowers traded to Washington.

Thank goodness.

Sewell must be on the table here, yes? Especially if you can move hunt to OG, have a line of

Sewell - Solomon - C - Hunt - Jackson

I could live with that.

I wonder what the chances are that Smith or Waddle could fall? Could Miami trade UP from 18 and snag one of them with say... The Giants?

Miami gives up a future #2 and walks away from the draft with Sewell and Smith or Waddle.

I'd be doing cartwheels lol.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Flowers traded to Washington.

Thank goodness.

Sewell must be on the table here, yes? Especially if you can move hunt to OG, have a line of

Sewell - Solomon - C - Hunt - Jackson

I could live with that.
    Can't even begin to express how happy I am that we cleared 9M in cap by doing a late round pick swap. Even if its losing a 5th for a 7th. What a move.
    If anyone gets the exact trade details, please post.
    And yea, it definitely opens the possibility for Sewell or if we get a nice offer to trade back to 9 for example, gives us more options.
    Instead of focusing on 1a) Pitts and 1b) Chase who I think are the clear top two choices for at the moment. And as they might go 4 and 5 respectively, it's a good move. Could even sign Eric Fisher coming off injury who was a very solid OT for the Chiefs and would be superior than Jackson and cheaper than Flowers. It's all about clearing cap, getting rid of average/sub-par players and opening up possibilities to players slipping and then using cap on veterans to close any holes.
    BRUH

The Flowers trade opens up a lot of possibilities. Sewell at #6 (been pounding this table for a couple months now ), trading back from #6 to get more picks to potentially move up from #18 as well, moving out of both #6 and #18, taking OL at #18 now instead of DE, trading back into the tail end of rd 1 (now that they have a little extra cap for draft picks)

I still think that this move was not about playing the draft, like some pundits think. it was about roster building. This allows Kindley to be running with the 1st team OL right out of the gates. and the trade provides the Phins with the cap necessary to sign the draft class. unless they have Vera-Tucker pegged at #18 . . . oh the mysteries of Chris Grier

Now the Herald is reporting Sewell is in play for #6 overall

Mix that news with this trade, you more or less have to believe that..

Good on Miami and Grier for keeping teams guessing. Keeps going back to the 3 non-qb blue chip prospects in the draft, though I won't be shocked if it's waddle or smith, I think they'll go with BPA regardless, at least they should.

The draft starts at 4 with the Falcons, if they take a QB, Pitts is going to be Miami bound.

As much as I love him, there's no comps. Every good TE in the league has been a later pick in the draft, not a top 5. TEs just don't go in the top 5 very often and the ones who have, just haven't worked out. You know that'll give teams pause, but I think Pitts is an exception. If we somehow came away with Pitts and then waddle on a trade up. Oh my... So many ways Miami can go here, it's great.

I donít think this means Sewell is the pick at 6. I just donít see how this FO trades Tunsil and then thinks itís worth it to trade up for a LT.

I think itís just more about the depth of the team. Fuller, Jesse, Kindley, Dieter, and Skura all have the potential to play OG. I think this just means we have a bunch of guys that can do it and can get cheaper. I also like the depth of this class at OG.

Iíll be 100% honest. Iíll be pissed if itís Sewell at 6. Dudes great, but I just donít think heís worth giving up an extra first. Now if itís a trade back to 9 and heís there Iím cool.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-27-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Outside of the Sewell part of this, I love the move. Flowers was fine, but he canít be the best player on your interior Oline. You could say the same thing about Kindley and Karras last year. Obviously Kindley would be the cheaper option, and I think you get a similar impact from him as Flowers. Iím not the biggest fan of Kindley, but itís better to try him than just sit there for a year with Flowers.

I really want to see if people want to defend the FA class last year. At this point is Jones and Ogbah the only notable players left from that class? Best thing you can say is that it gave the team a shot in the arm and they were able to get out of the contracts easily.

Page 46 of 74 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast