Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Fields not being invited to the green room is a huge sign he is not going top 5.
    He was invited he's just not going as are alot of guys due to Covid. They will be participating virtually.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    He was invited he's just not going as are alot of guys due to Covid. They will be participating virtually.
    Yea even Trevor isnít going. Most would rather spend the time with all of their friends and family than go to Cleveland lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I think they already traded out of Pitts. I wanted to take him at 3 if necessary. Now it looks like it would have been. If they somehow snag him at 6, I will be impressed, but I really feel like he was a player who helps your young QB immediately and consistently makes big time plays for a decade or more and you can spend a 3 on a guy like that. Now I'm in "settle for Waddle" mode, which isn't bad either. I just really wanted Pitts.
    Yea Iím kinda there too. Gonna suck if you missed out on Pitts for just a late 3rd and a 1st round pick a potential different regime will get to use.

Still donít think this trade up was worth it. Either go full value or just stay at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Yea Iím kinda there too. Gonna suck if you missed out on Pitts for just a late 3rd and a 1st round pick a potential different regime will get to use.

Still donít think this trade up was worth it. Either go full value or just stay at 3.
    I agree. I was happy to trade down although we lost Pitts. It was for a nice haul so I was fine. Then to give back some of it and probably not get Pitts just leaves us in no man's land IMO. Maybe they are high on Waddle and are right about him. Is he a fit? Can Tua throw it downfield to him though? All I saw in the 1.5 Alabama games I saw of him was short slants to open receivers who then burned everyone. Then again Waddle can do that too.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-24-2021 at 05:01 PM.

I agree. I was happy to trade down although we lost Pitts. It was for a nice haul so I was fine. Then to give back some of it and probably not get Pitts just leaves us in no man's land IMO. Maybe they are high on Waddle and are right about him. Is he a fit? Can Tua throw it downfield to him though? All I saw in the 1.5 Alabama games I saw of him was short slants to open receivers who then burned everyone. Then again Waddle can do that too.
    Waddle Is perfect because he runs those slants that tua loves to throw and he has the burners to turn them into a big play every time.

He also plays inside, which is perfect because it allows Parker and Fuller to play outside where they belong. I think Waddle is being greatly underrated around here. Dude is a Steve Smith clone with that same toughness and all.

Drew Rosenhaus: For Dolphins, Pitts, then Chase, then maybe Waddle over Smith. At 18, maybe a pass rusher like Paye or Phillips. #SportsXtra

And from Dane Brugler of the Athletic
    If Pitts and Chase are off the board, I believe Miami goes Waddle.

PFN has also been reporting that they have heard itís a split between Waddle and Smith in the staff. Marvin Allen was in KC when they drafted Hill, so maybe he makes a strong push.

Iíve said it before but there are only two guys in this draft that impact how defenses play you the moment they step on the field. Thatís Waddle and Pitts. Waddle is the perfect compliment to Parker and Fuller. Heís a true 3 level threat. Use him in motion/screens, he can attack the intermediate parts of the field, and he can outrun anyone on the field.

Which means Miami is going to take Smith and make me sad.

Tua has the arm to throw deep. Itís not Herbert obviously who can get it 60 yards in a second, but Tua was incredible throwing deep in college. Thatís not a problem at all.

Tua wasnít aggressive last year because 1. Who the **** on this team can run a good 9 route? 2. He struggled to read the field and took easier passes. And 3. He had the pressure of being a rookie QB on a team making a playoff push. Most of the time when a rookie QB takes over the entire season is about their development. Flo showed that he didnít care about that. I promise you that Flo told Tua just to play it safe for now and be opportunistic. Donít lose us the game and the defense will create an opportunity.

Tua has the arm to throw deep. Itís not Herbert obviously who can get it 60 yards in a second, but Tua was incredible throwing deep in college. Thatís not a problem at all.

Tua wasnít aggressive last year because 1. Who the **** on this team can run a good 9 route? 2. He struggled to read the field and took easier passes. And 3. He had the pressure of being a rookie QB on a team making a playoff push. Most of the time when a rookie QB takes over the entire season is about their development. Flo showed that he didnít care about that. I promise you that Flo told Tua just to play it safe for now and be opportunistic. Donít lose us the game and the defense will create an opportunity.
    That's all definitely what was going on last year. I just worried because of what I saw in college, but like i said it was less than 2 games, so it could have been the situations. Plus, they were having a ton of success throwing those little slants, so why risk more?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Waddle Is perfect because he runs those slants that tua loves to throw and he has the burners to turn them into a big play every time.

He also plays inside, which is perfect because it allows Parker and Fuller to play outside where they belong. I think Waddle is being greatly underrated around here. Dude is a Steve Smith clone with that same toughness and all.
    I think so. I hope the Dolphins decision makers do as well.

We are show time week, ladies and gentleman.

Very stoked for Thursday, though I'll pay attention to the whole draft that's where all eyes will be.

I figure Miami stays at 6 and takes Waddle, which I'll be perfectly fine with. I'd rather Pitts over anyone and God help me if he falls to us and we pass I'm going to literally go ****ing ape ****, but I think he goes to Atlanta at 4. Chase 5, Waddle 6, draft starts at 7.

I am a little surprised how a lot of people think drafting Waddle is a consolation prize, he has the skill set to really thrive in the NFL based on the research I've been doing and what a lot of GMs and scouts have been saying. Chase is a monster but it won't surprise me if any of the big 3 turn out to be the best of the bunch, yes Smith included.

Anyone read Peter King? I highly suggest his column this morning, lots of good draft inside info and the WR comments were incredibly interesting (I won't spoil it)

Let's goooooooooooo.

Falcons are apparently listening to offers for Julio, which is making some people think theyíll likely take Pitts if it happens.

Personally I think trading Julio should make them embrace the long term rebuild even more. But the Falcons seem like a dumb team.

Falcons are apparently listening to offers for Julio, which is making some people think theyíll likely take Pitts if it happens.

Personally I think trading Julio should make them embrace the long term rebuild even more. But the Falcons seem like a dumb team.
    I'm not sure what to make of the Falcons. New GM and HC, and in a prime position to potentially take a successor to Matt Ryan, and they are most likely going to take a TE. not sure how ATL fans feel about that honestly. I'd love to know where the fans are at with Pitts over Fields/Lance. I think it's going to be hard to pass on Fields for them if he is there at #4. He's a GA kid, who enrolled at Georgia prior to transferring. That's a tough pass if they do end up going Pitts.

And if they do go with Fields . . . watch out! cause then #5 becomes super fascinating! and MIA can get one of Pitts/Chase. That's my hope.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 04-26-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    We are show time week, ladies and gentleman.

Very stoked for Thursday, though I'll pay attention to the whole draft that's where all eyes will be.

I figure Miami stays at 6 and takes Waddle, which I'll be perfectly fine with. I'd rather Pitts over anyone and God help me if he falls to us and we pass I'm going to literally go ****ing ape ****, but I think he goes to Atlanta at 4. Chase 5, Waddle 6, draft starts at 7.

I am a little surprised how a lot of people think drafting Waddle is a consolation prize, he has the skill set to really thrive in the NFL based on the research I've been doing and what a lot of GMs and scouts have been saying. Chase is a monster but it won't surprise me if any of the big 3 turn out to be the best of the bunch, yes Smith included.

Anyone read Peter King? I highly suggest his column this morning, lots of good draft inside info and the WR comments were incredibly interesting (I won't spoil it)

Let's goooooooooooo.
    IMO, Waddle is the better overall WR than Smith . . . but Smith seems to be more durable in college . . . so it's kind of a catch-22. Waddle has world-class speed, good hands, and better than average route running . . . but we know speed-demons often get hurt (Ty Hill is a freak with durability). Smith is actually a really amazing WR, has tons of skill, but dude is paper thin. People like to compare him to DeSean Jackson coming out . . . DeSean Jackson had more play speed than Smith.

I'd also take Waddle over Smith, but it's closer than most have them.

I'm thinking that if Fields falls to #4, either ATL shocks everyone and drafts him (that would be the smart move), or someone moves up to #4 for him (he's the only other QB worth trading for in this draft imo). Last year, I was all about skipping Tua and waiting on Lawrence or Fields this year. Would I still prefer Fields over Tua? Kind of, yeah. But I want to see Tua play with better skill positions. I want to see a full off-season program from him, and a full '17' game season within this offense, before I make my judgement on him. I think Tua has elite level accuracy (like crazy accuracy) and even though his arm strength won't wow anyone, he can actually push the ball down the field just on his timing alone.

After all is said and done, I believe MIA walks away Thursday night with Chase and Phillips.

Herald is reporting that the Dolphins do have Waddle higher than Smith. Theyíre saying Pitts is the top guy followed by Chase, and they might seriously consider trading up to get Pitts (I apologize in advance for how much I will complain if they do). If Pitts and Chase are off the board they will seriously consider trading back with say the Broncos and Panthers for a QB. In that scenario they would hope for Waddle.

Smith is still REALLY good. But the moment they traded that future first I changed my expectations. Even though I think Smith could have a very Jarvis Landry like career, thatís not worth two firsts. Iím taking a swing for the fences and going after the freak athletes.

On 18, PFN is reporting itís probably defense unless something weird happens. Look at a pass rusher (Aziz or Paye) or possibly LB.

Herald is reporting that the Dolphins do have Waddle higher than Smith. Theyíre saying Pitts is the top guy followed by Chase, and they might seriously consider trading up to get Pitts (I apologize in advance for how much I will complain if they do). If Pitts and Chase are off the board they will seriously consider trading back with say the Broncos and Panthers for a QB. In that scenario they would hope for Waddle.

Smith is still REALLY good. But the moment they traded that future first I changed my expectations. Even though I think Smith could have a very Jarvis Landry like career, thatís not worth two firsts. Iím taking a swing for the fences and going after the freak athletes.

On 18, PFN is reporting itís probably defense unless something weird happens. Look at a pass rusher (Aziz or Paye) or possibly LB.
    I think if the Niners take Mac Jones that will really help our pick at 6. I get the idea that the Niners are the only team that are high on Jones, kind of like the year when the Bears took Trubisky.

I am not high on Smith. I see him as too risky. If he dropped to our 18th pick I would consider him, but at 6 I would take Chase, Pitts, Waddle, and Sewell over him and I am not high on taking Sewell 6th. If Chase and Pitts are gone my favorite move is drop to 8 or 9 and pick up extra picks. If Fields or Lance are available when we pick 8 or 9 and we can get a nice haul from say the Pats I would consider dropping again.

Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast