Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I donít know, the more I sit on this the more I kinda donít like the Eagles move. To trade back 3 spots and only get a 22 3rd and 23 1st is kinda rough. I just keep comparing it to the Jets deal for Darnold and the colts got 3 2nds within 2 years. Obviously if the 49ers are terrible and we get a top 10 pick weíll be happy, but I would have liked a bit more.

The receiver you get HAS to be elite.
    You are very much in the minority... Eagles fans are furious and calling for Howie's head.

Most everyone thinks this is a coup for Miami.

I believe it. Iíll just be a little bummed if we see someone like Waddle drop to 12 when we could have stayed there.

The Dolphins made the trade up to #6 knowing who the top 5 will likely pick. I am betting this trade sews up the Dolphins are not considering Sewell as they knew that the Bengals will be drafting him if available. This is all about the Dolphins believing that they will get their WR at 5.

I am betting the Dolphins are planning on staying at 6, but the wildcard is the Falcons pick. I could see the Falcons trading down and the Lions jumping up to that spot and picking a WR.

I donít know, the more I sit on this the more I kinda donít like the Eagles move. To trade back 3 spots and only get a 22 3rd and 23 1st is kinda rough. I just keep comparing it to the Jets deal for Darnold and the colts got 3 2nds within 2 years. Obviously if the 49ers are terrible and we get a top 10 pick weíll be happy, but I would have liked a bit more.

The receiver you get HAS to be elite.
    The Jets did the same move and only got three 2nds. 1st/3rd is the same, and better depending on the 1st. Rams where not great last year and teams in that division got better and they might have a rookie QB starting.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I think it's Pitts at 6. #3 was too high for him. I think ATL takes the leftover of the 4 top QBs. CIN takes Sewell. Pitts is the ultimate mismatch in terms of an offense. the WRs get all of the attention, and Chase, and to a lesser extent Waddle, deserve that attention. But Pitts is just on another level for the position. Everyone links them to a WR . . . I link them to Pitts now.
    Versatility, hard working, good bright kid. Feels like a Dolphins pick to me too. Let's go ahead and dominate no matter who is throwing him the ball.

All of this makes me wonder now if the 49ers trade Jimmy G to the cheatriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    All of this makes me wonder now if the 49ers trade Jimmy G to the cheatriots.
    Good call, def wouldn't surprise me.

Flores, Bellichek, Shanny working together to get what they want.

49ers probably also know exactly who jets are drafting with saleh being the HC. So it makes sense that they can Make the move for the 3rd pick now because they obviously know who they are getting.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 03-27-2021 at 01:06 AM.

I gotta believe waddle and parsons and maybe Pitts would be our top targets.

I believe it. Iíll just be a little bummed if we see someone like Waddle drop to 12 when we could have stayed there.
    Seriously tho, I donít see a huge drop off in talent from 6 to 12. I would much rather have stayed and had all those picks. But I think this is just a sign that our front office is set on a player and I trust them so overall Iím okay with the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    Seriously tho, I donít see a huge drop off in talent from 6 to 12. I would much rather have stayed and had all those picks. But I think this is just a sign that our front office is set on a player and I trust them so overall Iím okay with the trade.
    There is a big drop talent from 6 to 12 for sure.

3 qbs will go in the first 3 picks for sure. So at 6 get one of the super elite guys for sure. By the time you get to pick 9-10 all of those guys could be gone.

We added picks, and will still get one of our top targets, very possibly the guy we would of taken at 3, thats a huge win.

Not saying the guys picked after can't be better, but the real prizes of the daft will mostly be gone by the 10th pick.
    Waddle, chase, smith, Pitts, parsons, all probably gone, and its highly likely the guys we have the the highest grades for are part of that list.

We have a good team, but we need more of the truly elite players and thats what the 6 pick gives us.

Heck we could still trade back again, with our 6th or 18th pick.

if jones or lance really impress someone we could be right in position for prime both of them.

And if atl takes lance, than were locked for a top 3 player on our board at the least. trading back up was a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

if jones or lance really impress someone we could be right in position for prime both of them.

And if atl takes lance, than were locked for a top 3 player on our board at the least. trading back up was a great move.
    I am willing to bet now that the top 4 picks will be QBS.

With SF trading up I expect the first 3 picks to be QBS. Lawrence, Wilson, and SF will take either Lance or Fields. Thats going to put pressure on the 4th pick. Anyone that wants a QB is going to be calling the falcons for that 4th pick. There will be a team like the Bears, Broncos, or Panthers who don't want to be left out. Right now I bet the Panthers are calling to move up to 4. That 4th pick is a QB its just a question of who.
    Last edited by Plague; 03-27-2021 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

My sentiments exactly. We are in a great position to either get the premium pick we choose or if the draft plays out in our favor and a team offers a boat load of picks for a player that happens to be there. I like what has happened so far and I feel that we have a plan in place and are still working towards setting that up.

So right now, Miami has 5 of the top 100 picks, 6, 18, 36, 50, 81 and 4 in the top 50.

Then next year they have a first, second, two thirds... But in 2023 they have two firsts again. They are extremely rich in draft capital, if they can hit on their players this year, they'll be set up as a contender for years to come.

This draft is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    So right now, Miami has 5 of the top 100 picks, 6, 18, 36, 50, 81 and 4 in the top 50.

Then next year they have a first, second, two thirds... But in 2023 they have two firsts again. They are extremely rich in draft capital, if they can hit on their players this year, they'll be set up as a contender for years to come.

This draft is HUGE.
    Gesiecki may be a player they trade for another 2022 pick if they grab Pitts. I'd like to see both on the field together, but it opens up the possibility anyway.
    Then again I just thought about Geseicki, Pitts, Parker and maybe Williams near the goal line. Nice big targets.

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast