Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    While I agree that Parsons is a stud LB and would be a steal at #18 who opposing offenses have to game plan for he has character issues which would make me uncomfortable taking him. For that reason alone I would probably take Waddle by a whisker over Harris. As far as the #3 pick goes if heís still available without question they should take Sewell. He would instantly upgrade at least two positions on the OL. While itís been said that defense wins championships I believe that the best defense is an offense that keeps moving the chains even if itís only 3 or 4 yards at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfan39 View Post
    After drafting Tua last year if they trade for Watson Iím done with them. Tua is three things that I donít like about a QB. First heís fragile, second heís short, and third heís left handed which messes up pass protection.Should have taken Herbert! When they picked Tua I would have smashed something except that I was at my cousins house lol. Then to go and give up what it would take to get DW who wants out of Houston because he wasnít involved in the hiring of not only the coach but the GM as well would be insanity! What has he done besides rack up yardage during garbage time? Plus pay him $40+ million a year. No thanks. Take Sewell at #3 if heís there which he should be unless Cincy trades up to get him.
    I wanted Herbert last year as well and also agree that Watson, even though he does have talent, would cripple us for years to come as far as his salary and attitude. We need to give Tua a chance though and build around him. With the picks and the salary we will have, especially next year as far as money, we can make this team stronger in many ways. If after a couple years Tua doesn't pan out, then at least we have the foundation to take a chance on another QB. It looks like we have the right coach in place at least. Only time will tell.

I have mixed feelings about Watson, I would love to have him but I don't want to pay the price that it will likely take to get him.

I think the coaching staff saw enough of Tua to have a feel for him going forward. If the Dolphins trade for Watson its because they don't see Tua as a franchise QB.

Gun to head decision I stick with Tua. With that said I don't have high hopes for Tua. What I saw from him last season does not scream franchise QB to me. He looked nowhere as good as Burrow or Hebert. I can't get those Tua YAC killing lollipop passes out of my head

I am not in favor of drafting Sewell at 3. I am hoping for a trade down but if we stay at 3 I strongly consider Zach Wilson. I don't feel any of the non QBS are worth a pick at 3. Anyone remember when we took Jake Long at 3 instead of Matt Ryan? No way I am taking a OL at 3. It would be a similar situation of Rivers/Brees. We can always trade 1 of them down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I have mixed feelings about Watson, I would love to have him but I don't want to pay the price that it will likely take to get him.

I think the coaching staff saw enough of Tua to have a feel for him going forward. If the Dolphins trade for Watson its because they don't see Tua as a franchise QB.

Gun to head decision I stick with Tua. With that said I don't have high hopes for Tua. What I saw from him last season does not scream franchise QB to me. He looked nowhere as good as Burrow or Hebert. I can't get those Tua YAC killing lollipop passes out of my head

I am not in favor of drafting Sewell at 3. I am hoping for a trade down but if we stay at 3 I strongly consider Zach Wilson. I don't feel any of the non QBS are worth a pick at 3. Anyone remember when we took Jake Long at 3 instead of Matt Ryan? No way I am taking a OL at 3. It would be a similar situation of Rivers/Brees. We can always trade 1 of them down the line.
    Watson is an incredible talent, but I agree with you. I'm not willing to add $40M in cap, plus give up huge building block picks, to get him.

I am truly excited to see how Tua performs after a full off-season of health and practice (hopefully full TC and OTAs). He was looking jacked in his recent training snapshots. I think he is going to excel this year. This FO needs to get more explosive weapons on offense. And a hammering running game. by the end of the 2021 season, Tua will be in the top 15 QB conversation, which is really good for a 2nd year QB.

I do have to disagree on Sewell. I think he is a stud at OT. Drafting him would actually help in two positions, OT and OG, because then either Hunt or Jackson can move to OG. Sewell is a beast that can do it all. If the rumors are true, and MIA is interested in adding Lindsey for OC, then that takes one more draft need off the board, and that can be used for more offensive firepower . . .say WR Terrence Marshall, WR Dwayne Eskridge, or maybe WR Kadarius Toney in the 2nd. But I think if we stay at #3, taking Sewell is probably the smartest, long-term option for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Watson is an incredible talent, but I agree with you. I'm not willing to add $40M in cap, plus give up huge building block picks, to get him.

I am truly excited to see how Tua performs after a full off-season of health and practice (hopefully full TC and OTAs). He was looking jacked in his recent training snapshots. I think he is going to excel this year. This FO needs to get more explosive weapons on offense. And a hammering running game. by the end of the 2021 season, Tua will be in the top 15 QB conversation, which is really good for a 2nd year QB.

I do have to disagree on Sewell. I think he is a stud at OT. Drafting him would actually help in two positions, OT and OG, because then either Hunt or Jackson can move to OG. Sewell is a beast that can do it all. If the rumors are true, and MIA is interested in adding Lindsey for OC, then that takes one more draft need off the board, and that can be used for more offensive firepower . . .say WR Terrence Marshall, WR Dwayne Eskridge, or maybe WR Kadarius Toney in the 2nd. But I think if we stay at #3, taking Sewell is probably the smartest, long-term option for this team.
    If Tua ever becomes as good as Watson Tua will be making 40 million a year, the difference with trading for Watson is we won't be losing games while Tua develops.

I am personally not worried about the yearly salary, thats the price you pay for a great QB. We are going to go through growing pains with Tua and that is no guarantee he will develop. If Tua doesn't develop the Dolphins will likely not be Super Bowl contenders during Tua's reign. My issue however is how much do we give up for Watston and to me there is a breaking point where we dont make that trade.
    Last edited by Plague; 02-26-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Yea the salary conversation is always weird to me. I know thereís that whole argument of a QB never winning when making such and such percentage of the salary, but I think thatís more on poorly run teams being bad. I donít think the Chiefs lost last year because Mahomes made so much money just like I donít think the Texans lost because Watson made so much money.

Iím done debating it until it actually starts to happen. Itís just too exhausting and I really donít care either way. I expect the Texans to be idiots and hold on pass the draft, and Iíd expect Miami to still add picks into next years class just in case.

Tua looked like a normal rookie last year and is clearly going to take time to adjust to the speed of the game. Offense wasnít set up to work well for him and Gailey wasnít good enough to overcome that. Nothing he did last year was bad enough to make me change my mind on him outside of his speed and arm strength, both are good but not incredible. I still think with time and the right players around him heíll be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

But all of that doesnít matter when you can get Watson.

my stance for pick 3 is currently Trey Lance. Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Waddle all great options. I understand helping Tua succeed but I don't think Tua will no matter what you give him

and I don't want Watson. the amount it would take to get him is just too much. I can understand Russell Wilson because he can carry a bad roster. Watson can't. get Aaron Jones and get Trey Lance

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    my stance for pick 3 is currently Trey Lance. Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Waddle all great options. I understand helping Tua succeed but I don't think Tua will no matter what you give him
    just curious, why do you want to move on from Tua so quickly? He will finally be fully healthy, have a full off-season to train, and will most likely have some new weapons to utilize. He doesn't have a lazer of an arm, but his projected elite accuracy and vision should show a ton more this season. I'm just not seeing why people are so enamored with moving on from him so quickly. Especially for a small school kid in Lance.

Sewell is still my #1 rated player for MIA. Selecting him improves both OT and OG (Hunt can move to RG where he can most likely be dominant). And if MIA ponies up the money for OC Linsley? We'll finally have one of the best OLs in all of football . . . a great combination of youth, upside, and performance for years to come. although I'd prefer Humphrey or Dickerson in the 2nd rd.

I'm coming around to Pitts if we trade back to say 7 or 8. Him and Gesicki would be unstoppable as a duo . . . too bad both suck at run blocking.

Arizona signing JJ Watt makes them a sneaky team for Najee at 16.

The more I look at it, the more Iím ok with Aaron Jones. I could easily see Najee and Jevonte getting sniped right before we pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Arizona signing JJ Watt makes them a sneaky team for Najee at 16.

The more I look at it, the more Iím ok with Aaron Jones. I could easily see Najee and Jevonte getting sniped right before we pick.
    i'm just happy he didn't go to BUF. Eh, I think the money spent on Aaron Jones could be spent somewhere more useful, like Linsley, or Marvin Jones, or Curtis Samuel. I think Jones will cost somewhere in the ballpark of $12M. I'll take Linsley over Jones for MIA. We need a great OC. I think Jones is good, not great. What happens when he doesn't have the threat of Rodgers throwing? Plus, GB had an elite OL. He's not getting that in MIA in 2021.

I just think RBs are a dime a dozen, and there are only a handful of elite RBs . . . I don't think Jones is elite. He is very good.

Hypothetical question:
    Would you prefer a combo of Aaron Jones and Creed Humphrey, or Najee Harris and Corey Linsley?

Najee Harris and Corey Linsley

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i'm just happy he didn't go to BUF. Eh, I think the money spent on Aaron Jones could be spent somewhere more useful, like Linsley, or Marvin Jones, or Curtis Samuel. I think Jones will cost somewhere in the ballpark of $12M. I'll take Linsley over Jones for MIA. We need a great OC. I think Jones is good, not great. What happens when he doesn't have the threat of Rodgers throwing? Plus, GB had an elite OL. He's not getting that in MIA in 2021.

I just think RBs are a dime a dozen, and there are only a handful of elite RBs . . . I don't think Jones is elite. He is very good.

Hypothetical question:
    Would you prefer a combo of Aaron Jones and Creed Humphrey, or Najee Harris and Corey Linsley?
    1000% Najee and Linsley. I realize that my line of thinking is entirely fear based on us coming out of this draft without one of the top guys again which is ridiculous because itís still a good RB draft. I just think the Dolphins desperately need a power back and outside of those two this draft is kinda lacking in home run options.

But I really think thatís why the Dolphins would give a guy like Jones a big contract. Just get someone and donít worry about someone snagging the guys you like in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    1000% Najee and Linsley. I realize that my line of thinking is entirely fear based on us coming out of this draft without one of the top guys again which is ridiculous because itís still a good RB draft. I just think the Dolphins desperately need a power back and outside of those two this draft is kinda lacking in home run options.

But I really think thatís why the Dolphins would give a guy like Jones a big contract. Just get someone and donít worry about someone snagging the guys you like in the draft.
    I think you can't panic at this point. We have some skill position needs and we will fill at least some of them, if not all this year. If you start jumping at FA guys out of fear of not getting your guys in the draft, you're not scouting well enough. Teams like the Dolphins should have a couple of backs and WR's they like (beyond the obvious ones) to fall back on and continue to improve the team. I also agree with Celt on his assessment of Jones, very possibly not being as good as we think, because he has the benefit of Rodgers, so you may be disappointed anyway. I do like that a vet could step in and probably pick up blocks in the passing game as an experienced back though. A rookie might need some time that way unless you get certain guys. But otherwise I prefer to grow your own backs through the draft when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I think you can't panic at this point. We have some skill position needs and we will fill at least some of them, if not all this year. If you start jumping at FA guys out of fear of not getting your guys in the draft, you're not scouting well enough. Teams like the Dolphins should have a couple of backs and WR's they like (beyond the obvious ones) to fall back on and continue to improve the team. I also agree with Celt on his assessment of Jones, very possibly not being as good as we think, because he has the benefit of Rodgers, so you may be disappointed anyway. I do like that a vet could step in and probably pick up blocks in the passing game as an experienced back though. A rookie might need some time that way unless you get certain guys. But otherwise I prefer to grow your own backs through the draft when possible.
    Taking a veteran center who happens to be top tier and would cost much less than Jones will be the better way to go. Even though I like Jones and his running style, there are potentially as good or better RB's in this draft. We could also focus on grabbing the pieces to surround Tua and have more money to spend on other needs as well.

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast