Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 588
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    30,857
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Not that it means anything but all the reports from today are about Atlanta trying to move out of the 4 spot. I don't think they're taking a qb.
    Wasn't always about ATL picking a QB its about one going in that slot.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I mean, would anyone really be upset about getting an extra 1st, 3rd and one of Chase/Waddle/Pitts? I wouldn't. All three will help our offense be better than it was last year immediately.
    I agree with much of what you wrote but I'll highlight this part, as it really depends on how their board was set up.

    If you have an A+ grade on Chase/Pitts/Waddle and you know the top 3 picks are QBs, then absolutely... Because you are virtually guaranteed one of them and you grabbed two valuable picks in the process. That's assuming you have all 3 close.

    But it's going to be very interesting to see how things shake out on draft night. For example, if the Eagles somehow get Pitts at 12, then that's a MASSIVE home run for them. Sure it's not likely he slips out of the top ten but there's inherit risk in doing these trades so early.

    FWIW, I loved the trades and don't think the gap between these 3 is huge, even if the worst case scenario happens with Pitts going 4 and Chase going 5... I really don't know how to feel about Smith due to his size but I think waddle is going to be damn good. What I'm trying to say is, if all the elite playmakers are gone by 11, Grier was very justified doing the trade up and if not, then the value is a lot more questionable. Of course, not making the trade is very risky too. You could end up with no dance partner... Id take one in the hand anyday.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I agree with much of what you wrote but I'll highlight this part, as it really depends on how their board was set up.

    If you have an A+ grade on Chase/Pitts/Waddle and you know the top 3 picks are QBs, then absolutely... Because you are virtually guaranteed one of them and you grabbed two valuable picks in the process. That's assuming you have all 3 close.

    But it's going to be very interesting to see how things shake out on draft night. For example, if the Eagles somehow get Pitts at 12, then that's a MASSIVE home run for them. Sure it's not likely he slips out of the top ten but there's inherit risk in doing these trades so early.

    FWIW, I loved the trades and don't think the gap between these 3 is huge, even if the worst case scenario happens with Pitts going 4 and Chase going 5... I really don't know how to feel about Smith due to his size but I think waddle is going to be damn good. What I'm trying to say is, if all the elite playmakers are gone by 11, Grier was very justified doing the trade up and if not, then the value is a lot more questionable. Of course, not making the trade is very risky too. You could end up with no dance partner... Id take one in the hand anyday.
    I could be wrong but I don't think the Dolphins want Waddle at the 6th spot. If they don't get Chase or Pitts I bet they will be looking to trade down.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think the Dolphins want Waddle at the 6th spot. If they don't get Chase or Pitts I bet they will be looking to trade down.
    Why wouldn't they want Waddle?

    He does everything at an elite level. I don't understand why Waddle is being seen as a 2nd tier talent, he has no weakness.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,603
    Matt Miller is hearing that ATL is shopping the 4th pick not just to QB teams but teams also interested in trading up for Chase or Pitts.

    Now itís Matt Miller, so take it for a grain of salt. But I felt like that Schefter tweet yesterday was a cry of desperation. Showing that they want to move back but havenít gotten a good offer yet. But I canít see another team trading up for Pitts or Chase when we set the market in two different ways.

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Why wouldn't they want Waddle?

    He does everything at an elite level. I don't understand why Waddle is being seen as a 2nd tier talent, he has no weakness.
    I didn't say they wouldnt want Waddle, I said they wouldnt want him at 6. Waddle is not worthy of the 6th pick overall.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    595
    I wonder what everyone's opinions would be if Waddle didn't get injured and missed most of the season? Surely, Smith wouldn't have come close to being in the Heisman conversation and nor would waddle, even though he was filling up the stat sheet before he got injured. I bet we'd be talking Smith around our 18th pick and Waddle going around 10ish/early teens

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I didn't say they wouldnt want Waddle, I said they wouldnt want him at 6. Waddle is not worthy of the 6th pick overall.
    Based on, what exactly? Mock drafts? Pff...

    Seriously want to know, because there's no reason to think a top ten pick for waddle is "bad value".

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I wonder what everyone's opinions would be if Waddle didn't get injured and missed most of the season? Surely, Smith wouldn't have come close to being in the Heisman conversation and nor would waddle, even though he was filling up the stat sheet before he got injured. I bet we'd be talking Smith around our 18th pick and Waddle going around 10ish/early teens
    Exactly, his injury is why people are underrating him. Waddle is a top tier talent, and plays aggressive and physical.

    He's a Steve smith clone.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Matt Miller is hearing that ATL is shopping the 4th pick not just to QB teams but teams also interested in trading up for Chase or Pitts.

    Now itís Matt Miller, so take it for a grain of salt. But I felt like that Schefter tweet yesterday was a cry of desperation. Showing that they want to move back but havenít gotten a good offer yet. But I canít see another team trading up for Pitts or Chase when we set the market in two different ways.
    Miller has no sources.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Based on, what exactly? Mock drafts? Pff...

    Seriously want to know, because there's no reason to think a top ten pick for waddle is "bad value".
    This is like the same arguments we had when we drafted Juwan James. If you draft players above their expected value you tend to have a team that is lacking in talent. I think the consensus would be that Waddle is not the 6th best player in the draft especially if the 5 picks ahead of us are 3 QBs, Chase, and Pitts.

    If the 5 picks ahead of us are 3 QBS, Chase, and Pitts I am very disappointed if we draft Waddle with the 6th pick. .
    Last edited by Plague; 04-07-2021 at 09:10 PM.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    This is like the same arguments we had when we drafted Juwan James. If you draft players above their expected value you tend to have a team that is lacking in talent. I think the consensus would be that Waddle is not the 6th best player in the draft especially if the 5 picks ahead of us are 3 QBs, Chase, and Pitts.

    If the 5 picks ahead of us are 3 QBS, Chase, and Pitts I am very disappointed if we draft Waddle with the 6th pick. .
    So in that scenario and assuming Miami can't trade back again, who's the pick?

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    So in that scenario and assuming Miami can't trade back again, who's the pick?
    I think a lot of people will say Sewell, but I'm interested in the answers you get too. BTW I'd really rather have Pitts or Chase than Sewell, myself, so I don't really have an answer for your question other than I really hope Grier knows something that leads him to be very sure he can get Pitts or Chase.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-07-2021 at 09:47 PM.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    So in that scenario and assuming Miami can't trade back again, who's the pick?
    Honestly I don't know who I would pick in that scenario. I dont really like the other options for us in Horn, Sewell, Surtain, etc. If that scenario happen and we got a huge haul I would even consider dropping way down like the Bears or redskins, or at least I would make the Broncos think that. For me its pretty much Chase, Pitts or bust. If we don't get 1 of those the 6th pick is not worth it.

    With all that said I don't think trading the 6th pick would be hard if 3 QBS and Chase and Pitts are off the board.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    16,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Honestly I don't know who I would pick in that scenario. I dont really like the other options for us in Horn, Sewell, Surtain, etc. If that scenario happen and we got a huge haul I would even consider dropping way down like the Bears or redskins, or at least I would make the Broncos think that. For me its pretty much Chase, Pitts or bust. If we don't get 1 of those the 6th pick is not worth it.

    With all that said I don't think trading the 6th pick would be hard if 3 QBS and Chase and Pitts are off the board.
    But we are talking hypothetically and the question was you couldn't trade back. All your scenarios invoked trading back but you just can't assume that'll be an option, they traded up already. You wouldn't be happy with waddle at 6, ok fine that's fair. So who do you take? Miami HAS to pick someone... Why shouldn't it be waddle over Sewell? Is anyone else really in the conservation? I guess Smith but I have a feeling that would upset even more people.

    It's very easy to criticize what the team is doing but if it's so obvious they are wrong in their planning, then this should be a very easy question ?

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •