Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The 3rd is actually in 2022, so unfortunately itís nothing extra this year after the Eagles trade.

Best way to think about it is we moved back to 6, got a 22 3rd, and a 23 1st, and we lost our 2022 1st.

So next year we lose our 1st and have the 49ers 1st and 3rd. Hopefully the rookie struggles a bit this year to protect us if we slip and struggle.

Iím SO curious who they like at 6. You donít make this trade unless you specifically want one of those top guys, realistically looking at a QB or Pitts going at 4 and Sewell or Chase at 5. One of the top WRs would have been there at 12, although I expect it would be Smith. Happy theyíre getting aggressive but I might explode if they traded up for Smith lol. Itís one thing to take him at 12, but to give up a 1st for him would hurt LOL.
    I completely disagree.

I think we made this trade because we are perfectly content on having 1 of Sewell/Pitts/Chase. More so Chase/Pitts. It's also no guarantee Smith would be there at #12 although I do think it is likely.

The 3rd is actually in 2022, so unfortunately itís nothing extra this year after the Eagles trade.

Best way to think about it is we moved back to 6, got a 22 3rd, and a 23 1st, and we lost our 2022 1st. Kinda similar to the total trade value I speculated awhile ago for the Panthers. I speculated a trade might look like two 1sts and a 2022 2nd. Not as happy as I first liked but still a good spot.

So next year we lose our 1st and have the 49ers 1st and 3rd. Hopefully the rookie struggles a bit this year to protect us if we slip and struggle.

Iím SO curious who they like at 6. You donít make this trade unless you specifically want one of those top guys, realistically looking at a QB or Pitts going at 4 and Sewell or Chase at 5. One of the top WRs would have been there at 12, although I expect it would be Smith. Happy theyíre getting aggressive but I might explode if they traded up for Smith lol. Itís one thing to take him at 12, but to give up a 1st for him would hurt LOL.
    From SF we got #12 this year, a 1st and 3rd in 22 and a 1st in 23. Then we gave the #12 this year and a 1st from 22 to Philly. We should still have a 1st in 22 and 2 in 23

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    I completely disagree.

I think we made this trade because we are perfectly content on having 1 of Sewell/Pitts/Chase. More so Chase/Pitts. It's also no guarantee Smith would be there at #12 although I do think it is likely.
    Not really sure what youíre disagreeing with lol. I feel like I said the same thing where they obviously want one of these top non-QB players.

I appreciate the aggressiveness. Youíve got to get some actual playmakers. More than likely ATL can now trade back for a stupid haul, and then youíll be sitting there with some combo of Chase, Waddle, Sewell, or Smith. 6 was always the spot I wished we could trade back to because itís where I felt like the run on playmakers started.

Although imagine if some of these teams actually have Mac Jones super high. Thereís multiple people saying donít ignore the 49ers possibly taking Mac. Panthers arenít going to trade with ATL, and I think CIN stays out. What if Lance or Fields fall to 6 and we trade with Denver or Carolina lol

Btw thereís reports that weíve received at least 3-4 offers over the past few weeks. And I thought the QB market was dying down LOL.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-26-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Best way to think about it is we moved back to 6, got a 22 3rd, and a 23 1st, and we lost our 2022 1st. Kinda similar to the total trade value I speculated awhile ago for the Panthers. I speculated a trade might look like two 1sts and a 2022 2nd. Not as happy as I first liked but still a good spot.

I trust whoever they take, they did their homework on. I wouldn't be upset with any of them... I'll only rage if we grab some mega reach on defense, something like the Raiders did with Ferrell a few years ago.... Then the monitor goes into the lake.

Much like everyone else, I'd have preferred to just stay at 12 but I'm ok with this too. Cost was very reasonable to move up especially with almost a guarantee the top WR and TE are available, exactly what we need.

My order:
    Chase
    Pitts
    Waddle/Smith

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with any of them but Chase I think is the best of the bunch. He may or may not be there at 6 but almost surely one of him or Pitts will be.

Not really sure what youíre disagreeing with lol. I feel like I said the same thing where they obviously want one of these top non-QB players.

I appreciate the aggressiveness. Youíve got to get some actual playmakers. More than likely ATL can now trade back for a stupid haul, and then youíll be sitting there with some combo of Chase, Waddle, Sewell, or Smith. 6 was always the spot I wished we could trade back to because itís where I felt like the run on playmakers started.

Although imagine if some of these teams actually have Mac Jones super high. Thereís multiple people saying donít ignore the 49ers possibly taking Mac. Panthers arenít going to trade with ATL, and I think CIN stays out. What if Lance or Fields fall to 6 and we trade with Denver or Carolina lol

Btw thereís reports that weíve received at least 3-4 offers over the past few weeks. And I thought the QB market was dying down LOL.
    You donít make this trade unless you specifically want one of those top guys.

You make the trade down from #3 to #6 (since you already had a deal in place to trade from #12 back up to #6) if you;re perfectly fine with a couple different selections at #6. Otherwise you stay at #3 and take that player. That is what I disagreed with.

Also - I'm extremely interested in what the other offers we received the past couple weeks! I find it disgusting Mac Jones could go top 6 but I sure a shell hope so. If we have an offer to trade down a couple more spots, say Car and pick up a 2nd this yr or 1st next yr. Sign me up.

I really hope it's Pitts or Chase at #6. If Sewell is there and we take him then I'm inclined to trade up from #18 if a wr or 2 is available around 13/14 range. We got options baby!!!!

I think it's Pitts at 6. #3 was too high for him. I think ATL takes the leftover of the 4 top QBs. CIN takes Sewell. Pitts is the ultimate mismatch in terms of an offense. the WRs get all of the attention, and Chase, and to a lesser extent Waddle, deserve that attention. But Pitts is just on another level for the position. Everyone links them to a WR . . . I link them to Pitts now.

Also - I'm extremely interested in what the other offers we received the past couple weeks! I find it disgusting Mac Jones could go top 6 but I sure a shell hope so. If we have an offer to trade down a couple more spots, say Car and pick up a 2nd this yr or 1st next yr. Sign me up.

I really hope it's Pitts or Chase at #6. If Sewell is there and we take him then I'm inclined to trade up from #18 if a wr or 2 is available around 13/14 range. We got options baby!!!!
    I'm on the Chase or Pitts bandwagon too, especially at 6. Super exciting, I love these trades. Admittedly,I like the 9ers deal better but jumping up 6 spots to get a playmaker and STILL have another first next year and two more the year after, freaking gold...!

Does anyone know what pick we are giving the Eagles in 2022? Ours or San Francisco's?

Basically Miami moved down 3 spots and got an extra 3rd and extra first rounder in 2023. I'm really, really ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Does anyone know what pick we are giving the Eagles in 2022? Ours or San Francisco's?

Basically Miami moved down 3 spots and got an extra 3rd and extra first rounder in 2023. I'm really, really ok with that.
    We are trading the Miami 1st rounder in 2022. So Miami fans will be rooting against SF each week while Niners fans will be rooting against Miami each week! Just realized we get to root for 2 teams against this upcoming season! Whoever plays SF and then the Fins!

You donít make this trade unless you specifically want one of those top guys.

You make the trade down from #3 to #6 (since you already had a deal in place to trade from #12 back up to #6) if you;re perfectly fine with a couple different selections at #6. Otherwise you stay at #3 and take that player. That is what I disagreed with.
    Oh I see what youíre saying. I completely agree, just misspoke. Obviously thereís no sure fire thing on who will be there. I could easily see ATL Pitts and Bengals Chase. Itís kinda the same as SF trading up. They know one of these guys will be there of the top playmakers and Sewell and are completely comfortable with some combo of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    I trust whoever they take, they did their homework on. I wouldn't be upset with any of them... I'll only rage if we grab some mega reach on defense, something like the Raiders did with Ferrell a few years ago.... Then the monitor goes into the lake.

Much like everyone else, I'd have preferred to just stay at 12 but I'm ok with this too. Cost was very reasonable to move up especially with almost a guarantee the top WR and TE are available, exactly what we need.

My order:
    Chase
    Pitts
    Waddle/Smith

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy with any of them but Chase I think is the best of the bunch. He may or may not be there at 6 but almost surely one of him or Pitts will be.
    Only reason Iím kinda bummed is because I expected to get something like a future first and an immediate day 2 pick. Basically trading back to 6 to get a 23 1st and 22 3rd isnít incredible value, but still good.

Obviously Iím not in the room and just some dude who likes the draft, but thereís literally no way the Dolphins have a defensive guy graded that highly OUTSIDE of the CB. And even then thatís a reach.

And Iím just a little more down on Smith lately. Like Iíve said before, if Iím taking a WR in Rd 1, the dude has to affect the defense the moment he steps on the field. Let alone trading a future 1st for one. Smith is super good, but the only truly obvious game changers are Waddle and Pitts too me. Chase may not have the same immediate impact, but at least has a better mold in place to be a #1.

Edit: clarified I was saying the Dolphins trading up.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-26-2021 at 04:25 PM.

We are trading the Miami 1st rounder in 2022. So Miami fans will be rooting against SF each week while Niners fans will be rooting against Miami each week! Just realized we get to root for 2 teams against this upcoming season! Whoever plays SF and then the Fins!
    Cool. I'm not sure which is better right now to be honest, so it is what it is.

Either way, Miami traded back 3 spots, swapped a 4 for a 5 and picked up a 3rd and a first in 2023. The important part to note is the first 3 picks are going to be QBs... Miami will surely have one of Sewell/Pitts/Chase, possibly even two of 3 if Atlanta takes a quarterback. Take the best one on your board and you still have tons of options at 18, including another trade up if a WR slips at all.

If you told me we could walk away with Pitts/Chase, maybe someone like Harris, and 3 more picks in the top 50 AND then another first on top of that, I'd be thrilled.

Only reason Iím kinda bummed is because I expected to get something like a future first and an immediate day 2 pick. Basically trading back to 6 to get a 23 1st and 22 3rd isnít incredible value, but still good.

Obviously Iím not in the room and just some dude who likes the draft, but thereís literally no way they have a defensive guy graded that highly OUTSIDE of the CB. And even then thatís a reach.

And Iím just a little more down on Smith lately. Like Iíve said before, if Iím taking a WR in Rd 1, the dude has to affect the defense the moment he steps on the field. Let alone trading a future 1st for one. Smith is super good, but the only truly obvious game changers are Waddle and Pitts too me. Chase may not have the same immediate impact, but at least has a better mold in place to be a #1.
    Yeah for some reason I thought the 3rd was this year but even still, picks are picks and we still have a prime spot like I mentioned above. Hell, depending how to board falls, it's not even impossible someone like Carolina jumps up and gives up a day 2 pick this year or next to get their guy. All depends on how things go.

There's just no way the 9ers traded all that capital and aren't taking a QB. I'm not buying it.

If you can't tell, I'm really really pleased lol.

I'm not used to Miami being on the receiving end of these kinds of trades.

Someone posted this on the PFT article for the trade, so not my own content but pretty crazy and thought I'd share.

"So the Dolphins have now turned Laremy Tunsil (who slipped to them because NFL executives forgot it was the 21st century) and Kenny Stills into 5 1sts, 3 2nds, and a swap of 3rd round draft picks? How is this not the most ďwowĒ transaction trade in NFL history right there?"

This literally all happened because Tunsil smoked some weed. Itís absolutely crazy to think about that single situation caused all of this lol

Btw, whenever the Watson rumors heat up again, I donít want to hear anyone say Iím crazy with the 5 firsts thing. We can disagree on if we would do it or not, but the 49ers just traded 3 just to draft a rookie lol

Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast