Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I'm telling you, if we start the draft off with Sewell, we've already won the 1st rd. Sewell will solve our LT situation for the next 10+ years. A Sewell/Harris 1st rd would be an amazing start. I'm just a huge Sewell fan. If you can get an elite LT, you have to. It's just smart football.

My mind keeps telling me Micah Parsons might be there at #18 though. If you had the choice between Najee Harris, Micah Parsons, or Jaylen Waddle (A lot of mocks have him going bottom half of 1st) . . .who would you choose? That would be a very hard choice for me, but I'd go Parsons.
    Yea Iím really starting to warm up to the idea. I still love the big 3 WRs, but thereís some real depth to the position. None of the 3 are on the level of Julio as a prospect, so I donít feel like itís the end of the world if you donít take one. At the very least thereís a ton of slot guys which makes me feel like Waddle over Smith, even though Smith is so good.

Iíd probably move Sewell to RT and Hunt to RG. Iíd also give Kindley a legit chance to compete with Flowers at LG, because Kindley looked a bit more comfortable there for the brief period he was there in the season. Do that and snag a C late in the 2nd or 3rd and Iím happy.

Iíd probably put both Najee and Waddle over Parsons at this point. I just really worry about if his instincts at the next level. Physically he fits everything we need, but mentally we need someone that can trigger quicker. Getting Najee alongside Sewell immediately makes this a top tier rushing attack which would open up so much for this offense. Waddle has just such a crazy play speed that he affects the defense the moment he steps onto the field. Heís currently my favorite of the big 3 but Iím sure thatíll flip flop the entire process. But getting him at 18 would be a steal.

I wonder if teams will view Waddle differently after seeing Ruggs not live up to expectations in his first year, or the ineffectiveness of other speedy guys like John Ross, Phillip Dorsett, and Andy Isabella as well. Is Waddle really a totally different animal at WR? I think he could be had at #18

I wonder if teams will view Waddle differently after seeing Ruggs not live up to expectations in his first year, or the ineffectiveness of other speedy guys like John Ross, Phillip Dorsett, and Andy Isabella as well. Is Waddle really a totally different animal at WR? I think he could be had at #18
    I doubt it. Teams are always going to value speed and always think that they know how to utilize those guys better than the last.

I like Waddle so much more than Ruggs, but youíre right to be worried. Speed guys take a bit of time to really develop because so often they donít know how to run routes at that speed. The reason Tyreek is so impossible to cover is because he makes cuts at the same speed he does just running straight. Waddle is quite at that level, but I think his route speed is impressive.

Waddle also has a good history of creating after the catch so I think heíll be more than just a deep guy year 1. But WRs drop now in the draft so who knows. I could see him going anywhere from top 5 to top 20. I didnít expect Lamb to drop last year so it could happen.

So I've been watching some tape on both Smith and Waddle, and I'm starting to sway my favoritism toward Waddle. But I just don't know if either Waddle or Smith are really worth the #3 pick. Chase is a borderline #3 pick for me as well.

I think my WR rankings have shifted a bit with 1. Chase, 2. Waddle, 3. Smith

Any reason to like Smith over Waddle? Outside of production in college?

So I've been watching some tape on both Smith and Waddle, and I'm starting to sway my favoritism toward Waddle. But I just don't know if either Waddle or Smith are really worth the #3 pick. Chase is a borderline #3 pick for me as well.

I'm with you. Chase had crazy production in 2019 with Burrow. Smith had crazy production w/o Waddle this year after he went down. Waddle had crazy production before he got hurt. lol
    I mean can you go wrong with any of the 3? I get the argument Chase is more of a go up and high point it WR than the other 2 but how do they all compare in separation? They all are crazy fast and have home run ability. I just don't know who to decide on so trading back a little would be ideal then selecting one of who is renaming while picking up a 1st in 2022. I do feel WR's wont go off the board as early as we think especially if we trade out of #3. Maybe 1 in top 6 and 2 top 10ish with all 3 by 15ish?? Just my hunch with how other drafts have gone especially with the QB's rising to the top f the draft like they do every year.

I still need to do more on Chase because I feel like he was still super raw as a route runner.

The main reason I would have Smith over Waddle is purely because he can be a primary target for a team. I have a hard time seeing Smith being just as dominant in the NFL, but I think his floor is an Edelman like player. Guy that gets you 100 catches for just over 1000 yards. Not the flashiest but is someone who will constantly find soft spots in coverage and get you 8 when you need 6.

But if Iím taking a WR top 5, he needs to have a unique skillset. I want the guy that scares the defense the moment they walk onto the field. And thatís Waddle. I would expect him to be a low target guy early in his career, but heíll force coverages to shift towards him and will create so much separation right away just because teams will be afraid of his speed. Heís a decent route runner now, but if he can push that a bit more and start to take advantage of the extra separation teams give him the dude could be like Tyreek.

I'm telling you, if we start the draft off with Sewell, we've already won the 1st rd. Sewell will solve our LT situation for the next 10+ years. A Sewell/Harris 1st rd would be an amazing start. I'm just a huge Sewell fan. If you can get an elite LT, you have to. It's just smart football.

My mind keeps telling me Micah Parsons might be there at #18 though. If you had the choice between Najee Harris, Micah Parsons, or Jaylen Waddle (A lot of mocks have him going bottom half of 1st) . . .who would you choose? That would be a very hard choice for me, but I'd go Parsons.
    My first choice remains to trade down if we have the #3 pick.

The only guy I would take at 3 is Zach Wilson. I only take him if the Dolphins don't feel Tua is the future, kind of like what the Cardinals did with Rosen. If the Dolphins are still believers in Tua then I don't draft Wilson.

I don't like the idea of using the 3rd pick on a WR, but if I do take a WR at 3 its Chase.

If we trade down and stay within the top 12 and pick up a extra top 1-2 round picks I think we will be a better team. I think there is upside for a much bigger bounty with that 3 pick if enough teams are sold on Wilson or Fields.

I really think the top 2 picks will be QB's we just don't know who will drafting at 2.

Would you trade that 3 pick in exchange for a top 12 2021 1st round, a 2022 1st round, and a 2021 2nd round pick? obviously the where the 21 pick is will dictate what we get in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    My first choice remains to trade down if we have the #3 pick.

The only guy I would take at 3 is Zach Wilson. I only take him if the Dolphins don't feel Tua is the future, kind of like what the Cardinals did with Rosen. If the Dolphins are still believers in Tua then I don't draft Wilson.

I don't like the idea of using the 3rd pick on a WR, but if I do take a WR at 3 its Chase.

If we trade down and stay within the top 12 and pick up a extra top 1-2 round picks I think we will be a better team. I think there is upside for a much bigger bounty with that 3 pick if enough teams are sold on Wilson or Fields.

I really think the top 2 picks will be QB's we just don't know who will drafting at 2.

Would you trade that 3 pick in exchange for a top 12 2021 1st round, a 2022 1st round, and a 2021 2nd round pick? obviously the where the 21 pick is will dictate what we get in return.
    You 100% take that trade from really any team but that should also be your starting point for every trade conversation. I really think the drop off from say 8 to 21 isnít that crazy. The only blue chip players I have are the QBs, top 3 WRs, and Sewell. After that itís a big lump of guys that you rank based off of team fit.

Say you make this trade with Washington and drop to 19. Really you only lose out on the WRs. Iíd still be overjoyed with a first round of Darrisaw and Najee.

My main goal is to deal down as well, team still needs talent all over and one dude at #3 isn't going to change that. Dealing down a handful and picking up more picks, another 1st is greater than that one dude. Sewell is the only dude your missing out on and we already went that route before with Long back in the day. Elite tackles don't make your team that much better and worth losing out on alot of other talent. Also you draft Sewell and he is probly playing RT, from what I have seen many don't think Jackson can switch over. Also I liked what I saw from Jackson and feel he is plenty enough at LT.

I 100% agree about the tackle position. Iím completely comfortable with Hunt and Jackson at tackle this year. I only take a tackle if you think heís better than either AND that one can play inside of need be. The bigger problem is interior and thereís really no one worth a top pick outside of maybe Landon Dickerson.

here's the thing for me with our OT spots right now, I think they can be better. I firmly believe Sewell is the best OL prospect in the draft, and I think he is one of the best OT prospects in a couple years. I think the dude is elite. If we stay at #3, we need to take an elite player. Sewell makes the offense better as a whole. Every year we have a patchwork OL because of injuries or poor play. IMO, Jackson is the only OT worth starting on our roster. I think Hunt would be a pro-bowl player at OG, but not at RT. Use him where he will excel, which is RG. Taking Sewell not only makes our OL better, it makes our entire offense better.

Having Sewell and Jackson as the OTs gives MIA so much more flexibility on the line. One of them gets hurt, Hunt can move over to RT. But it also allows the team to be able to release Flowers if needed, because we'd have Hunt, Kindley and Davis available for OG spots.

Jackson-Kindley-OC (I hope we draft one - Humphrey/Dickerson)-Hunt-Sewell . . . with Davis, Deiter, FA signings as depth. That's a tremendously good scenario for this team, and Tua.

Also, when was the last time an elite LT was on the FA market? It never happens, ever. They are linchpins to great teams.

Take Sewell, and don't look back.

1a. OT Penei Sewell
    1b. RB Najee Harris

That's an A+ 1st rd.

Iíd argue Hunt was the best Olineman on the team by the end of the year. Jackson and Kindley started off strong but slipped once they got hurt (which is perfectly fine).

You absolutely can do better at OT, but I also donít think you HAVE to. Both AJ and Hunt were at worst average last year. Give them an actual offseason and just more experience and I think theyíll continue to get better. But I agree that neither will reach the level that Sewell could hit.

An elite Olineman can push your team to new levels, look at what Wirfs did last year for Tampa. But the main thing is to always have a good overall unit. Thatís how teams like New England can add new pieces year over year and still perform well. But it would be silly to look at a team like Tampa and say they won the super bowl on the Oline when they had an embarrassment of riches at the WR and TE positions.

No matter how good your Oline is, you still need to prioritize having playmakers on offense. Some of the best olines in the NFL got bounced early in the playoffs like Bal, Cle, and Indy. Meanwhile teams like Buffalo and KC got to the championship game because of the stupid playmakers they have.

Btw Flowers isnít going anywhere this year. Thereís really no cap saving for cutting him. But I absolutely start preparing Kindley to replace him next year. If you add Sewell I put Kindley as the backup and just have him practice at LG for a year to take over in 22.

WRs are a whole lot cheaper to obtain than OTs. I'd take Sewell just for the fact that you can have Jackson and Sewell for the next decade, both would grow together and be the bookends for the entire OL unit, no matter who comes and goes on the interior. A team's OTs are the glue to that OL, and in Sewell and Jackson, we'd be set. If we had Sewell, Jackson, and Hunt going forward for years, we wouldn't have to necessarily worry about OL in the draft or FA for years, letting MIA spend their draft picks on offense playmakers and defense. Add in Humphrey or Dickerson in the 2nd, and the OL becomes a strength overnight, with youth and a potential that could be elite.

Offensive weapons are a lot easier to find in drafts and FA than starting caliber OTs. Outside of QB, the most important player to an offense is the LT (or RT in Tua's case). The team can literally trade mid round picks for proven WRs, or find a WR or TE in FA.

We need Tua to stay upright to progress, and adding Sewell improves every aspect of our offense.

But these conversations are good, because it tells us that this team is far from competing for a SB, or even an AFCC. Some people prioritize offensive weapons, some OL, some defense. the facts are we need help everywhere.

Oh trust me Iím not even arguing with you about it lol. My favorite scenario lately has been Sewell and Najee RD1 and going something like Tutu Atwell and Dwayne Eskridge rd 2. And I think thatís where Grier will lean to if they stay at 3. Just pointing out that they absolutely still need to fix the weapons even with an improved Oline and that taking an OT isnít necessary since I think the interior is the bigger problem.

I also expect a few vet WRs to take prove it deals or just small short deals. Thereís really only 5 teams that can comfortably spend in FA. Everyone else will be bargain shopping. So maybe you get someone like TY or Marvin Jones for cheap.

This team just need good players right now. Actual difference makers on both sides of the ball. The only spot Iím comfortable with is CB and safety.

Iíll have expectations of playoffs this year, but weíve still got a year or two before you can actually look at competing. Use this season to add talent and hopefully you go into next offseason with 2 or 3 obvious spots of need.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 02-16-2021 at 01:42 PM.

So lot's of talking about CAR being the team that pays the price for Watson. And Wentz to Indy is as close as it's ever been previously. If these two occurrences take place, can both #6 and #8 be in play?

Say PHI trades Wentz for a 2021 2nd and some other things. Reports are saying that they are not committed to Hurts, and would look to acquire a QB in the draft. Think they would swing #6, #37, and a 2022 2nd for #3 (if the QB they want is still available?)

Or what about another blockbuster with HOU?? Say HOU gets a butt-load of picks, including #8 and #39 +++ from CAR. Think HOU would turn around and offer #8, #39, and #67 for #3?

I still think that the pressure to find a young franchise QB will make teams overpay. I still consider ATL, PHI, DET, CAR, DEN, SF, NE, WSH, and IND all teams that could potentially trade up for a QB. As much as I want a 2022 1st rd pick back in return, I'd take a very high 2021 2nd back to drop back a few spots.

Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast