Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

January 2021 Game Thread

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Hawks have extended Dylan Strome.

2 year extension with a $3 mil cap hit AAV

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Hawks have extended Dylan Strome.

2 year extension with a $3 mil cap hit AAV
    Meh. Guess nothing really matters with toews and dach out. Tank time.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hawks legend for sure. Wish he could have formally retired under contract with the Hawks. You kind of felt it coming with rumors back last season, new team, and the time off. Nothing but respect for what he did here.

Will be an interesting discussion if they eventually retire his number, he's in that group of maybe names to get that honor. Neither here nor there though.

I think he shouldn't sniff the hall of fame but he SHOULD get his number retired. Not a NHL legend but a hawks legend.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think he shouldn't sniff the hall of fame but he SHOULD get his number retired. Not a NHL legend but a hawks legend.

Yeah, I would agree. The only case I could see is if they chose not to eventually retire Hossa. But I think that would just be crap on the part of the organization. From the championship teams you know 88, 19, 2, and 7 will no question be retired. But right behind that, you have really good cases for 50 and 81 as well. I 100% though Crawford won't get in the Hall, but should be retired.

Blackhawks extended Colliton for 2 more years.

Looks like 2 more years of mediocrity

I don't hate the move but would have wished they waited until the end of the season to make this decision. I'm not convinced he can't cut it as an NHL coach, but I'm also not convinced he can either. If they're truly rebuilding as they continue to claim it's not the worst move to keep the guy for developing players. The move takes him to about when we should see if players are developing into competitive NHL players or not.

It's going to be telling given this roster what Collition can do. If this team is even remotely competitive given the roster with Dach and Toews that's a great sign. They believe in him as a player developer and now it's time to prove that he can do it. Netminders don't give much enthusiasm. A lot of young players, but who knows maybe some of the kids show up. If this backfires it's likely the end of both Stan and Collition. He's putting his chips in on this guy.

A few note from the press release that stood out. One of the big reasons he is staying is Colliton's work with Kirby Dach was a factor in extending Colliton. It is really convenient for them to justify this seeing that fans likely won't much of if any of Dach's play this season. The expectation is for Colliton to do the same with Alex DeBrincat.

He hasn't shown much that warranted the extension, but to be fair accurately measuring Colliton given his time has been pretty hard to do as well. He was hired to replace a legend in Joel Quenneville, given two days of practice and tasked with fundamentally overhauling the way the Blackhawks played hockey after nearly a decade. Stan really is screwing the guy over if these players don't develop. Last year he lost three key players to season-ending injuries before a pandemic cut the season short. He will be without his top two centers out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. Hard to really say. His deal expires now at the same time Stan both their futures are tied to this deal. He fired a legend for this guy so if this deal flops I can't see any scenario Stan stays.

I think this is just to have a guy they know isn't an impact coach oversee the rebuild.

He's the blackhawks' Rick Renteria.

I think he's a bad coach.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think this is just to have a guy they know isn't an impact coach oversee the rebuild.

He's the blackhawks' Rick Renteria.

I think he's a bad coach.

Ah, so it's only a matter of time before Scotty Bowman the new bench boss. Jk.

I was thinking similarly though worst case he's guy who gets us to the next guy and who knows maybe proves himself. So far he's felt alot more like Trent Yawney than the next big thing.

5-1 blowout vs Tampa.

Gonna be a long season lol

Subban struggles stood out he showed little puck awareness and allowed way too many loose pucks in front of the net. He has to shore that up if he is going to even last as a back up let alone a starter. The team did little to help him. Boqvist look like he needs more developments.

At the same time yesterday wasn't really much of an evaluation game. At the same time it almost seems they are already tanking looking at the ice time some of it make no sense like why Kubalik plays only 11 mins. There were a lot of bad coaching choices as well.. A lot last night was ugly, but the big thing will be to see how the team looks towards the end of the season. In this teams defense they got their teeth kicked in by likely the leagues best team. Only thing we learned last night though is Tampa is a way better team.

Honestly a better effort tonight even with the L. Delia looked better in goal, still gave up 5, but the eye test seemed different. We'll have to see how we hold up against other teams, but know where they are vs. the best in the NHL arguably.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast