Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Everyone is racist to a point. But there’s levels to it..
    I can't be racist without being against some part of my own family.

Everyone is biased and maybe bigoted, but everyone is racist doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I've stood up against White family members who were spewing ignorant racist garbage. I've also stood up against Black people spewing ignorant racist garbage on other Black/mixed people. You can't just look at one part of a problem and hope the problem gets fixed. That's super duper he is against White racists, but we can't put our heads in the sand towards anything racist that isn't "White-on-Black".

This is no different than when Black people get butt-hurt when anyone (including other Black people) tell them about fatherlessness within the Black community being the single biggest issue today for them. If the goal is to fix a problem, you can't conveniently leave out a significant portion of the problem and 100% focus on other aspects that are admittedly out of their control.

I'm sure some of you here are morbidly obese. You can't just say, "I'll exercise more so I can lose weight." and expect to actually lose the weight. Granted, exercising is a major component to losing weight, ultimately, you lose weight by burning/utilizing more calories than you consume. So you can work out every day but consume 10,000 calories and actually put more weight on. You HAVE to look at exercising in conjunction with calorie consumption when looking at the issue of your morbid obesity.
    Accept racism doesn’t get fixed by having a father in the household. It’s two separate issues. If you were to bring that up in a debate on how to end racism, you would be coming across as someone trying to be counter productive. Black oriole get “butthurt when people try to cloud a conversation with other narrative because deep inside they are butthurt.

By the way, Reagan started the total tear down of the mental health systems in the US, but it was done in response to the horrors some of those institutions had been subjecting their patients to (mass forced lobotomization, mass forced drug abuse, etc) ... See One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for a more entertaining view or the more recent TV show Ratched. What followed was that process of closing "bad" facilities just became closing all of them as drugs promised perfect solutions for the issues and legislators took the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    While I agree Biden was a major contributor to the current state of our prison system, let's also not forget that it started with Nixon and was continued and expanded by every single President since, but Democrats and Republicans. Fear sells, and unfortunately rehab doesn't.
    It's true, politicians have been making legislation that isn't explicitly racist but affects minorities exponentially more for quite some time... and with bipartisan support too.

I can't give an exact year on when it all started, but it is crazy how Joe Biden was a senator back when Nixon was still president... Crazy career politician.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 01-04-2021 at 03:45 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Accept racism doesn’t get fixed by having a father in the household. It’s two separate issues. If you were to bring that up in a debate on how to end racism, you would be coming across as someone trying to be counter productive. Black oriole get “butthurt when people try to cloud a conversation with other narrative because deep inside they are butthurt.
    I agree they are different issues, but they are absolutely linked. One of the narratives is that Blacks are held down by White racists... Another narrative is that Blacks are held down by racism/racists and fatherlessness in the Black community. The theme I've been pointing to is that this is a multi-faceted issue where we do a huge disservice when we only point out one part of the problem and ignore all other parts.

If you can't see how they are linked, it would be pointless to discuss further.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 01-04-2021 at 03:52 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    "Except racism" ... "Accept racism" is like a slogan for the KKK.

The issue with this argument is there is some perception that racism is a problem society can fix directly. Racism gets better as equality on all fronts becomes the norm and the best way to get there by many peoples view is to solve the issues that cause those non-racial inequalities. Two parent homes is the single biggest indicator of success later in life so it SHOULD be a priority for all people everywhere, it's not a race issue. Where it looks like a race issue is in poor rural communities single parent homes are the norm and a large percentage of those populations in the US are black people. It's not a black people CAUSED problem just a black people STATISTICS problem.

"Except racism" ... "Accept racism" is like a slogan for the KKK.

The issue with this argument is there is some perception that racism is a problem society can fix directly. Racism gets better as equality on all fronts becomes the norm and the best way to get there by many peoples view is to solve the issues that cause those non-racial inequalities. Two parent homes is the single biggest indicator of success later in life so it SHOULD be a priority for all people everywhere, it's not a race issue. Where it looks like a race issue is in poor rural communities single parent homes are the norm and a large percentage of those populations in the US are black people. It's not a black people CAUSED problem just a black people STATISTICS problem.
    Completely right. Well stated.

San Antonio Spurs

First off, yes, in this country white people have had more money and power from the beginning.

But, you know that there are a lot of white people that ARE taught from birth to fear the police right? Just as there are a lot of non-black brown people who are taught the same thing. And it's true in some asian communities too. It's much more about money and power than skin color for the vast majority of oppressed people.

No pun intended, it's not nearly that black and white.
    whatever point you are trying to make, the fact is, blacks are bothered by the police more, their property value is lessened due to their skin color, they make less money than their white counterparts, they qualify for less loan values, and the list goes on and on. Yes it has a lot to do with money I suppose (seeing as money rules everything), but the fact is, blacks face a tougher uphill climb than any other race in this country when it comes to any measure of financial or judicial success. That needs to change. That part is black and white. How we get there, is for sure grey as hell...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    whatever point you are trying to make, the fact is, blacks are bothered by the police more, their property value is lessened due to their skin color, they make less money than their white counterparts, they qualify for less loan values, and the list goes on and on. Yes it has a lot to do with money I suppose (seeing as money rules everything), but the fact is, blacks face a tougher uphill climb than any other race in this country when it comes to any measure of financial or judicial success. That needs to change. That part is black and white. How we get there, is for sure grey as hell...
    On average yes. I agree. It's just that calling it a race issue is too simplistic as it's just focusing on the outcome and not the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yep. But white people aren't gonna like this and will act like it's the other way around or is a 2 sided problem. It isn't. Sorry. And the fact he's a rich white person pointing this out is a GOOD thing. He's the exact type of person that should be pointing this out.

This should be in the politics forum.
    You saying that makes you the problem. This only keep stirring the pot. Grow some ballz and quit causing problems or we will never find peace...

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    black people being racist is pretty widespread actually.
    Regardless, comments like this just keep the chaos going. Are we ever gonna learn to quit pointing fingers and get on with our lives???

Most of his privilege comes from wealth not skin color.

This is one of those things we have a problem talking about. Are people of every race racist? Yes. Is the problem more one direction in this country right now? Yes. Do Black Lives Matter? Yes. Does that mean other lives don't matter? No. It's just a hot button issue and we have a habit of painting with very broad brushes and good people don't like to be painted in a way that does not apply to them.

Just as it's fine for Stan to call out his own privilege we need to remember that it's okay for people to be offended that he appears to be calling out others who are not in his position.

As for the "systemic racism" it both does and doesn't exist. From the ideological perspective we don't really have any laws on the books that are ideologically racist against black people. What we do have is a criminal justice system that has been run off the rails in an attempt to sell safety to the people and in the process imprisoned a obscene number of black people. The vast majority of the inequality in the system is not by racial intent, but it is by racial outcome. As long as people just point at white people and say "they (or we) are the problem" it's not going to get better. The problem is that we need to make the people in power in Congress change the rules, but they keep not changing the rules for the better and we keep electing the same people over and over and hoping for a different result.

So, yeah, Stan can express his opinion and that's fine, but he covered up a LOT of people who it doesn't apply to and it's also fine for them to say "Not me buddy".
    People need to quit letting the Liberals fool them. BLM is a hatred organization crested by the Lefts. Nothing to do with black people. It's sad people not getting this. I have a lot of black friends who are not that naive and has no issues with whites. Why is a coach bringing this up? Why is the NBA so involved in politics? Come on people, I know you all know what's happening here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Didn't read your whole post bc crap like this is so unproductive. More whites are killed by LE than blacks. Get your facts straight and quit being the PROBLEM...

So everybody here truly believe there's racism here in America? Do you all believe covid is what they're making it out to be? Look at the timeline of it all dating back with Floyd, riots, talks of racism, erase of history (please don't let me go here), law enforcement, politics, etc...go figure

Let's go back to the topic of BLM. Does anyone here know how much money have gone to them??? How much of that given to the blacks?🤦🏻*♂️ How much have been "POURED" into the democrats party? Once all said and done, the Dems gonna kick you black folks to the curb. Just wait....

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast