Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bravo Stan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Stan Van Gundy: Whites are racists

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    only people that can be racist are whites and the only people that can be oppressed are blacks because america.... its like jewish people never existed
    Black peoples being racist doesnít make it significantly harder whites to get a job, get promoted, etc. On a societal level racism effects blacks differently then whites. So black people speaking isnít enough to change things but white people in power standing up and saying things have to change can make a difference. I think this is all Stan is saying

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Black peoples being racist doesnít make it significantly harder whites to get a job, get promoted, etc. On a societal level racism effects blacks differently then whites. So black people speaking isnít enough to change things but white people in power standing up and saying things have to change can make a difference. I think this is all Stan is saying

Agreed I think this is exactly what he meant

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Talk about a mean (but polite) back-hand from you here, ewing. Facts. This sums up the whole point and shatters any other BS narrative people want to create.

Thread is over. /end thread
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know i love ya my dude but if you think only white people can or are racist like this idiot said then you are just as big of a problem as the white people that are racist..... so black people cant be racist why? what about asians etc... so black people cant be racist because they cant oppress because of the current system in place? ALL RACISM IS WRONG and though its not 1-1 ignoring racism from blacks to whites is a huge ****ing smack in the face to being on a high horse screaming for equality but then saying.... but their white so its not big deal.
    Iíll just say this...

Why are some white people racist against black people or people who arenít white?
    Answer: Simply because they arenít white...they feel other races are lesser and that they are superior...they have fear that America is changing for the worse with the rise of other races...straight up ignorance.

Why are some black people racist against white people?
    Answer: Because they have a misconception that all white people feel all of the above about them.

Synopsis: Other thang gang related things, Iíve never seen a black person who was racist against any other race other than white people. And that is because of what Iíve illustrated above. No other race has been able to, in a position too, or is so outward in there thinking of being superior to black people for no other reason than just being black.

I would describe that some white people are racist, and that some black people hate the white race for being racist...and donít hate any other race, while some white people are racist against anyone who isnít white.

Now in the defense of white racism...lol...I do think that any group of people that are in a position to lose a perceived amount of power would act kind of funny. I do think if roles were reversed, where black, Mexican, Asian were the majority and the white minority was coming up in a similar way, the majority would act fearful and some of the majority would be racist in a similar way.

At the end of the day, we are all human beings and the only difference between us is our circumstances. The sooner we understand that and we can show compassion to others who are different and show understanding, have more patience and try to attack less and teach more, the better off we can be as human beings.

Thats a nice way of putting it. So the truly privelaged decision makers are the ones who should change things, not your every day whitey. Stan should give up his job and make a big stand.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iíll just say this...

Why are some white people racist against black people or people who arenít white?
    Answer: Simply because they arenít white...they feel other races are lesser and that they are superior...they have fear that America is changing for the worse with the rise of other races...straight up ignorance.
    KKK yes but they're dying out, the people you speak of are relics of a bygone era IMO. At least thats what Im hoping for. Racism will always exist but we've done a good job of shaming it into submission, thats why hoax crimes like Smollets are laughable and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't see thru his lying story from day 1. Dont get me wrong, race crimes exist, but I think its pretty even handed if not in favor of the race that commits the most interracial crime (forget if its per capita or in spite of the minority grouping)

Answer: Because they have a misconception that all white people feel all of the above about them.
    While there is alot of truth to this, there are a few black supremacists, whether its racist or not is something I dont want to delve into.

Synopsis: Other thang gang related things, Iíve never seen a black person who was racist against any other race other than white people. And that is because of what Iíve illustrated above. No other race has been able to, in a position too, or is so outward in there thinking of being superior to black people for no other reason than just being black.
    Define gang related, do you consider Jews to be white? Where does each race rank in terms of hate crimes and joining hate groups. Also, you dont have to commit crime to be hella racist and some crimes are just a result of proximity rather than racial animosity. Its hard to judge racism/intent.

I would describe that some white people are racist, and that some black people hate the white race for being racist...and donít hate any other race, while some white people are racist against anyone who isnít white.
    Nah, there are also those who label whitey "white devils" that are inherently evil and savage, remember whats his face who admitted being racist?

Now in the defense of white racism...lol...I do think that any group of people that are in a position to lose a perceived amount of power would act kind of funny. I do think if roles were reversed, where black, Mexican, Asian were the majority and the white minority was coming up in a similar way, the majority would act fearful and some of the majority would be racist in a similar way.
    China already does that with their "assimilation camps". America is one big social experiment and the whole diversity is our strength thing is being challenged by members of all races. Minister Farrakhan and the like think black people should stick together and have their own land/state of control within the US. Whether its racist or not is up to you guys but there are those who prefer segregation. I have no idea what to think on that matter, tho as mutt, I prefer unity.

At the end of the day, we are all human beings and the only difference between us is our circumstances. The sooner we understand that and we can show compassion to others who are different and show understanding, have more patience and try to attack less and teach more, the better off we can be as human beings.
    I believe its a class problem more than a race problem but its hard to dissect.

We should prolly move this to politics, I just wanted the NBA base to know what their own is thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    KKK yes but they're dying out, the people you speak of are relics of a bygone era IMO. At least thats what Im hoping for. Racism will always exist but we've done a good job of shaming it into submission, thats why hoax crimes like Smollets are laughable and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't see thru his lying story from day 1. Dont get me wrong, race crimes exist, but I think its pretty even handed if not in favor of the race that commits the most interracial crime (forget if its per capita or in spite of the minority grouping)

While there is alot of truth to this, there are a few black supremacists, whether its racist or not is something I dont want to delve into.

Define gang related, do you consider Jews to be white? Where does each race rank in terms of hate crimes and joining hate groups. Also, you dont have to commit crime to be hella racist and some crimes are just a result of proximity rather than racial animosity. Its hard to judge racism/intent.

Nah, there are also those who label whitey "white devils" that are inherently evil and savage, remember whats his face who admitted being racist?

China already does that with their "assimilation camps". America is one big social experiment and the whole diversity is our strength thing is being challenged by members of all races. Minister Farrakhan and the like think black people should stick together and have their own land/state of control within the US. Whether its racist or not is up to you guys but there are those who prefer segregation. I have no idea what to think on that matter, tho as mutt, I prefer unity.

I believe its a class problem more than a race problem but its hard to dissect.
    Black people that prefer segregation do so because of the preconceived notion that white people are racist and feel they are a superior race over black people and those black people have no hope of any real change. Itís Just a trickle down effect.

Itís not like they would want segregation if from day one white people truly treated black people like equals.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iíll just say this...

I think you describe the results of racism and the racism in itself. Its like saying you have a drug problem. Do you target the user or the supply? If you go in a war do you target the soldier or the leader?

Chicken or egg

Base on the teachings the Racism came first no question.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-03-2021 at 11:58 PM.

ewing, systemic racism and calling white people white boy aren't the same thing. Calling people white boy is way worse.

On the real though, I agree with what you're saying. Can't wait to see the boycott that white people try to start against SVG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    ewing, systemic racism and calling white people white boy aren't the same thing. Calling people white boy is way worse.

On the real though, I agree with what you're saying. Can't wait to see the boycott that white people try to start against SVG.
    People that boycott the NBA over SVGís comments are the same ones that boycotted after the NBA players BLM protests. They werenít watching anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Agreed 100% with this. I have zero problem with what SVG said here, I like that he called out his own white privilege and this definitely should be in the politics forum.
    Most of his privilege comes from wealth not skin color.

This is one of those things we have a problem talking about. Are people of every race racist? Yes. Is the problem more one direction in this country right now? Yes. Do Black Lives Matter? Yes. Does that mean other lives don't matter? No. It's just a hot button issue and we have a habit of painting with very broad brushes and good people don't like to be painted in a way that does not apply to them.

Just as it's fine for Stan to call out his own privilege we need to remember that it's okay for people to be offended that he appears to be calling out others who are not in his position.

As for the "systemic racism" it both does and doesn't exist. From the ideological perspective we don't really have any laws on the books that are ideologically racist against black people. What we do have is a criminal justice system that has been run off the rails in an attempt to sell safety to the people and in the process imprisoned a obscene number of black people. The vast majority of the inequality in the system is not by racial intent, but it is by racial outcome. As long as people just point at white people and say "they (or we) are the problem" it's not going to get better. The problem is that we need to make the people in power in Congress change the rules, but they keep not changing the rules for the better and we keep electing the same people over and over and hoping for a different result.

So, yeah, Stan can express his opinion and that's fine, but he covered up a LOT of people who it doesn't apply to and it's also fine for them to say "Not me buddy".

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast