Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stan Van Gundy: Whites are racists

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-people-racist

New Orleans Pelicans head coach Stan Van Gundy said white people are "racist" and need to change to help African Americans.
    “We’re the ones that are racist,” Van Gundy told ESPN’s The Undefeated in an interview. “It’s a white person’s problem that affects people of color, and so we’re the ones who have to change. … Certainly you want to promote Black voices, right? But if they’re the only ones speaking out, a lot of people just push it aside. There needs to be people saying, ‘No, wait a minute. This is wrong, and we need to correct these things.’”

Van Gundy said that he is part of the problem, calling himself a “poster boy for white privilege.”
    How do you whites feel about being called out on your privilage by this millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-people-racist

New Orleans Pelicans head coach Stan Van Gundy said white people are "racist" and need to change to help African Americans.

How do you whites feel about being called out on your privilage by this millionaire?
    he is an idiot. Would love to have some of this white priv growing up in philly living in poverty going to all public schools etc.... everyone and anyone can and are racist. This is him trying to just suck up to the media/players and so on instead of actually being truthful about how he actually feels.

and so are black people... its really more that some people are *******s, regardless of color, and those *******s tend to focus on race.

“We’re the ones that are racist”

Implying that other races don’t hold prejudice views and opinions that don’t lead to prejudice actions? Ok stan

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    “We’re the ones that are racist”

Implying that other races don’t hold prejudice views and opinions that don’t lead to prejudice actions? Ok stan
    and its why we will never get by racism.

Yep. But white people aren't gonna like this and will act like it's the other way around or is a 2 sided problem. It isn't. Sorry. And the fact he's a rich white person pointing this out is a GOOD thing. He's the exact type of person that should be pointing this out.

This should be in the politics forum.
    Last edited by blams; 01-03-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yep. But white people aren't gonna like this and will act like it's the other way around or is a 2 sided problem. It isn't. Sorry. And the fact he's a rich white person pointing this out is a GOOD thing. He's the exact type of person that should be pointing this out.

Comments like this won't improve race relations but I could really care less. **** people. It never should be on black people to be understanding and let it take time. Period.

Enough waiting.

Also, this should be in the politics forum.
    What do Asians think of this?

And yeah, it prolly does but Stan isn't much of a political figure. Just shut it down if it gets too touchy for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What do Asians think of this?

And yeah, it prolly does but Stan isn't much of a political figure. Just shut it down if it gets too touchy for people.
    only people that can be racist are whites and the only people that can be oppressed are blacks because america.... its like jewish people never existed
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-03-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Stan Van Gundy: Whites are racists

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    only people that can be racist are whites and the only people that can be oppressed are blacks because america.... its like jewish people never existed
    Black peoples being racist doesn’t make it significantly harder whites to get a job, get promoted, etc. On a societal level racism effects blacks differently then whites. So black people speaking isn’t enough to change things but white people in power standing up and saying things have to change can make a difference. I think this is all Stan is saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Black peoples being racist doesn’t make it significantly harder whites to get a job, get promoted, etc. On a societal level racism effects blacks differently then whites. So black people speaking isn’t enough to change things but white people in power standing up and saying things have to change can make a difference. I think this is all Stan is saying

Agreed I think this is exactly what he meant

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Talk about a mean (but polite) back-hand from you here, ewing. Facts. This sums up the whole point and shatters any other BS narrative people want to create.

Thread is over. /end thread
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Thats a nice way of putting it. So the truly privelaged decision makers are the ones who should change things, not your every day whitey. Stan should give up his job and make a big stand.

ewing, systemic racism and calling white people white boy aren't the same thing. Calling people white boy is way worse.

On the real though, I agree with what you're saying. Can't wait to see the boycott that white people try to start against SVG.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Comments like this won't improve race relations but I could really care less. **** people. It never should be on black people to be understanding and let it take time. Period.

Enough waiting.

Also, this should be in the politics forum.
    you know i love ya my dude but if you think only white people can or are racist like this idiot said then you are just as big of a problem as the white people that are racist..... so black people cant be racist why? what about asians etc... so black people cant be racist because they cant oppress because of the current system in place? ALL RACISM IS WRONG and though its not 1-1 ignoring racism from blacks to whites is a huge ****ing smack in the face to being on a high horse screaming for equality but then saying.... but their white so its not big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know i love ya my dude but if you think only white people can or are racist like this idiot said then you are just as big of a problem as the white people that are racist..... so black people cant be racist why? what about asians etc... so black people cant be racist because they cant oppress because of the current system in place? ALL RACISM IS WRONG and though its not 1-1 ignoring racism from blacks to whites is a huge ****ing smack in the face to being on a high horse screaming for equality but then saying.... but their white so its not big deal.
    Can you edit my post in your quote to reflect what is said after my edit? I calmed down a couple minutes after haha.

I agree that black people CAN be racist but it isn't a systemic or widespread issue. On top of that not liking white people is very understandable (imo of course ) considering we're barely removed from the Civil rights movement.
    Last edited by blams; 01-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Click here to register!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast