Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Stan Van Gundy: Whites are racists

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-people-racist

New Orleans Pelicans head coach Stan Van Gundy said white people are "racist" and need to change to help African Americans.
    “We’re the ones that are racist,” Van Gundy told ESPN’s The Undefeated in an interview. “It’s a white person’s problem that affects people of color, and so we’re the ones who have to change. … Certainly you want to promote Black voices, right? But if they’re the only ones speaking out, a lot of people just push it aside. There needs to be people saying, ‘No, wait a minute. This is wrong, and we need to correct these things.’”

Van Gundy said that he is part of the problem, calling himself a “poster boy for white privilege.”
    How do you whites feel about being called out on your privilage by this millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-people-racist

New Orleans Pelicans head coach Stan Van Gundy said white people are "racist" and need to change to help African Americans.

How do you whites feel about being called out on your privilage by this millionaire?
    he is an idiot. Would love to have some of this white priv growing up in philly living in poverty going to all public schools etc.... everyone and anyone can and are racist. This is him trying to just suck up to the media/players and so on instead of actually being truthful about how he actually feels.

and so are black people... its really more that some people are *******s, regardless of color, and those *******s tend to focus on race.

“We’re the ones that are racist”

Implying that other races don’t hold prejudice views and opinions that don’t lead to prejudice actions? Ok stan

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    “We’re the ones that are racist”

Implying that other races don’t hold prejudice views and opinions that don’t lead to prejudice actions? Ok stan
    and its why we will never get by racism.

Yep. But white people aren't gonna like this and will act like it's the other way around or is a 2 sided problem. It isn't. Sorry. And the fact he's a rich white person pointing this out is a GOOD thing. He's the exact type of person that should be pointing this out.

This should be in the politics forum.
    Last edited by blams; 01-03-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yep. But white people aren't gonna like this and will act like it's the other way around or is a 2 sided problem. It isn't. Sorry. And the fact he's a rich white person pointing this out is a GOOD thing. He's the exact type of person that should be pointing this out.

Comments like this won't improve race relations but I could really care less. **** people. It never should be on black people to be understanding and let it take time. Period.

Enough waiting.

Also, this should be in the politics forum.
    What do Asians think of this?

And yeah, it prolly does but Stan isn't much of a political figure. Just shut it down if it gets too touchy for people.

Comments like this won't improve race relations but I could really care less. **** people. It never should be on black people to be understanding and let it take time. Period.

Enough waiting.

Also, this should be in the politics forum.
    you know i love ya my dude but if you think only white people can or are racist like this idiot said then you are just as big of a problem as the white people that are racist..... so black people cant be racist why? what about asians etc... so black people cant be racist because they cant oppress because of the current system in place? ALL RACISM IS WRONG and though its not 1-1 ignoring racism from blacks to whites is a huge ****ing smack in the face to being on a high horse screaming for equality but then saying.... but their white so its not big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What do Asians think of this?

And yeah, it prolly does but Stan isn't much of a political figure. Just shut it down if it gets too touchy for people.
    only people that can be racist are whites and the only people that can be oppressed are blacks because america.... its like jewish people never existed
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-03-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you know i love ya my dude but if you think only white people can or are racist like this idiot said then you are just as big of a problem as the white people that are racist..... so black people cant be racist why? what about asians etc... so black people cant be racist because they cant oppress because of the current system in place? ALL RACISM IS WRONG and though its not 1-1 ignoring racism from blacks to whites is a huge ****ing smack in the face to being on a high horse screaming for equality but then saying.... but their white so its not big deal.
    Can you edit my post in your quote to reflect what is said after my edit? I calmed down a couple minutes after haha.

I agree that black people CAN be racist but it isn't a systemic or widespread issue. On top of that not liking white people is very understandable (imo of course ) considering we're barely removed from the Civil rights movement.
    Last edited by blams; 01-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

black people being racist is pretty widespread actually.

It’s an extremely complicated issue, and for Stan or anyone to try to simplify it and basically conclude that “it’s the white people that are racist” is taking an extremely low hanging fruit position. Maybe Stan really thinks this way, maybe he’s just trying to score points, who knows...but every race and creed has individuals that think and act with prejudice. I mean, anyone with even a moderate diverse circle and a 5th grade perception should know that racism in all forms, moderate to extreme, is rampant throughout all ethnicities and creeds.

Prejudice and preference is normal being racist is not. Respect each other it’s that simple. And no everyone is not racist. Racist is when you want to kill, rape, murder just be plain evil to someone because of race. Even when they do good hate grows even more to extreme lengths. To kill someone because of race i am sorry that is one of the worst crimes on this earth. Killing and raping. These two crime should have a death penalty. It’s The silly part about the racism is its destroying America in general. The music, the drugs, the killing, road rage, the ignorance, the consistent constant violence, Education, etc. At this rate America is becoming no better than any other country if you have the money. Ride a train in Asia and ride one in America you see he huge difference in people.

Where Van is right lots of the problem is at the hands of the man in control. You can tell a lot about a country by looking at its people.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-03-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Every single American can feel proud of the country and being an American but if They don’t let you how can you? If Americans within America don’t feel proud of being American how will that translate outside of America. If one fly a nazi flag is he or she German or American?

You want to feel safe in your country. If you drive a nice car but you deny your neighbor from having a car at what point will he try to steal from you? If you deny education of your country people how many uneducated people will your country have? If you turn your scientists into killers how many killers will you county have. When you are rich will you vacation in America or another country? If your rich non American will one visit high crime America? If Americans are violent people will One be welcomed in another country? Police men comes from the police, Cowboy gangster rappers, thugs, etc from trailer trash to hood they all comes from American society and they all have something in common.

Why not just add kill thy neighbor in the Bible since that all that is preached? Got to give people hope and things to live for or life becomes hell in itself. One of the many reason Americans are trigger happy.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-03-2021 at 06:50 AM.

This should be in the politics forum.
    Agreed 100% with this. I have zero problem with what SVG said here, I like that he called out his own white privilege and this definitely should be in the politics forum.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast