Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Are there any Defensive Coordinators you are hoping to see brought in?

I can think of a few, but I would like to see Aaron Glenn given serious consideration, once his season is done.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-15-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SINATRACITY View Post
    the jets will be a ground and pound 2.0. the jets are trying to reproduce the rex ryan ora. 5 years to much. jets will always be the jets. i guess anything is better than gase.. this hire will be an attitude positive. but the scheme is questionable.
    is that fact or an assumption? from what I heard, Mike Lafluer will be the new OC and he'll be bringing Kyle Shanahan's system with him. Sam Darnold in that system would be intriguing. trade down now if you can and draft Chase or Sewell.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    the jets will be a ground and pound 2.0. the jets are trying to reproduce the rex ryan ora. 5 years to much. jets will always be the jets. i guess anything is better than gase.. this hire will be an attitude positive. but the scheme is questionable.
    So basically you are the only one not thrilled with this hire?

Every report on Saleh talks about his knowledge in all 3 aspects of the game, so this isn't Rex 2.0.
    I don't think they will be solely ground and pound team. They brought in the passing coordinator as the new OC so I have to believe they will utilize his skill set as someone who is in charge of, well, passing. With that said, there is zero wrong with ground and pound if it wins you games.

Ignorance is bliss

The sentiment seems to be that the hiring of Saleh signals that the Darnold will remain as QB because LaFleur will run an offense that Darnold can play in. That makes such little sense to me.

First, of all, do you believe Darnold is good or not? If you don't believe he can be a FQB, then who cares if the new offense limits his faults?

Couldn't a rookie QB also run LaFleur's offense? Also, isn't it possible that a rookie QB could run LaFleur's offense and have a higher ceiling than Darnold?

If the Jets are going to keep Darnold and not use the #2 pick to get a QB, then I would much rather the Jets trade the #2 pick to get Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So basically you are the only one not thrilled with this hire?

Every report on Saleh talks about his knowledge in all 3 aspects of the game, so this isn't Rex 2.0.
    I don't think they will be solely ground and pound team. They brought in the passing coordinator as the new OC so I have to believe they will utilize his skill set as someone who is in charge of, well, passing. With that said, there is zero wrong with ground and pound if it wins you games.
    im ok with anyone not gase. from what im hearing the offense will be run heavy, different run formamtions. etc. i say rex ora or rex 2.0 as in personality great motivator etc. loved by players etc. i doubt the saleh will wear a wig or stomach etc. i wanted a offense that would resemble deep passing inovative. according to reports we will see something to 49er offense.. the lafleur brothers are run first. i was hyped to see the downfield passing game etc more explosive. im a fan and it will take time to see what the jets become... jet fans are always unhappy cause ownership has a way of messing things up. i wanted bieniemy ans watson. then i saw the asking price for watson. so if saleh is what can change the culture then im in. im tired of being the fan thats laughed at.. saleh has the right attitude for sure but im not crazy about 49er offense. but jet fans boo at the draft every year. i would have preferred a coach from the andy reid tree, ive seen and read they he produces good coaches. so saleh is a seahawk 49er type of coach. am i the only one thats on the fence, maybe.

im ok with anyone not gase. from what im hearing the offense will be run heavy, different run formamtions. etc. i say rex ora or rex 2.0 as in personality great motivator etc. loved by players etc. i doubt the saleh will wear a wig or stomach etc. i wanted a offense that would resemble deep passing inovative. according to reports we will see something to 49er offense.. the lafleur brothers are run first. i was hyped to see the downfield passing game etc more explosive. im a fan and it will take time to see what the jets become... jet fans are always unhappy cause ownership has a way of messing things up. i wanted bieniemy ans watson. then i saw the asking price for watson. so if saleh is what can change the culture then im in. im tired of being the fan thats laughed at.. saleh has the right attitude for sure but im not crazy about 49er offense. but jet fans boo at the draft every year. i would have preferred a coach from the andy reid tree, ive seen and read they he produces good coaches. so saleh is a seahawk 49er type of coach. am i the only one thats on the fence, maybe.
    That's not accurate.

Neither Mike Shanahan's nor Kyle Shanahan's system is deemed run heavy.
    If the run is working during a game, they will stick with it, but it is definitely a balanced system.

Has Kyle Shanahan had to rely on the run a bit more because of uncertainty/injuries at QB sure, but even 49er fans don't call their offense run heavy.

Right on. He's not your first choice. Bienemy would have been great but Saleh has always been my first choice.
    He is the anti-Gase. Like you said, great motivator, loved by his players but he's also never been handed anything, like Gase was and he's sure as hell never come across as being arrogant as the prick formerly known as Gase was..

I agree with MrX. I think the offense will... wait for it.... ADJUST, to its personnel. You know, actually put players in positions to succeed based on skill sets rather than force players into a system and philosophy that doesn't.

It will be hard to imagine since we haven't seen that attempted for a couple years because someone was a "genius" and a rigid douche bag who was incapable of reading his players and adapting

It will be nice to see coaches fit round pegs to round holes and not try to hammer a triangle into a square hole with a hammer and then talk about the triangle needing to be more like a square
    OH!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Right on. He's not your first choice. Bienemy would have been great but Saleh has always been my first choice.
    He is the anti-Gase. Like you said, great motivator, loved by his players but he's also never been handed anything, like Gase was and he's sure as hell never come across as being arrogant as the prick formerly known as Gase was..

I agree with MrX. I think the offense will... wait for it.... ADJUST, to its personnel. You know, actually put players in positions to succeed based on skill sets rather than force players into a system and philosophy that doesn't.

It will be hard to imagine since we haven't seen that attempted for a couple years because someone was a "genius" and a rigid douche bag who was incapable of reading his players and adapting

It will be nice to see coaches fit round pegs to round holes and not try to hammer a triangle into a square hole with a hammer and then talk about the triangle needing to be more like a square
    OH!
    Fitting a triangle into a square hole isnít really that difficult, I would have went with a square peg into a round hole

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Fitting a triangle into a square hole isnít really that difficult, I would have went with a square peg into a round hole
    I thought the same thing as I read it, but knew what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    That's not accurate.

Neither Mike Shanahan's nor Kyle Shanahan's system is deemed run heavy.
    If the run is working during a game, they will stick with it, but it is definitely a balanced system.

Has Kyle Shanahan had to rely on the run a bit more because of uncertainty/injuries at QB sure, but even 49er fans don't call their offense run heavy.
    i agree with you if you have an elite qb like rodgers .. it would it jets aquired d watson

i agree with you if you have an elite qb like rodgers .. it would it jets aquired d watson
    So what's your explanation for the 49ers this past season, they were 15th in rushing.

They were not run heavy and they did not have a QB like Rodgers or Watson?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I thought the same thing as I read it, but knew what he meant.
    It is not impossible but it is ineffective and damages the piece and if you remove it, it is no longer the same shape.

Ignorance is bliss

Q is going to beast out next year

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So what's your explanation for the 49ers this past season, they were 15th in rushing.

They were not run heavy and they did not have a QB like Rodgers or Watson?
    i think you just want to be right with your position. and you could be. so i will leave it at that and with this 49ers veraged 7.6 yards in the air. the offense was built for receivers to break takles after the catch. houston was 9.7 and kansas city was 7.7 so i will give it to you just casue you need a win...lol the jets where last with 6.2 so lets move on with d watson and san fran and hopefully we can find a receiver to stretch the field.
    Last edited by SINATRACITY; 01-17-2021 at 05:19 PM.

i think you just want to be right with your position. and you could be. so i will leave it at that and with this 49ers veraged 7.6 yards in the air. the offense was built for receivers to break takles after the catch. houston was 9.7 and kansas city was 7.7 so i will give it to you just casue you need a win...lol the jets where last with 6.2 so lets move on with d watson and san fran and hopefully we can find a receiver to stretch the field.
    Actually, I was thinking maybe you saw something we didn't, but since you can't explain yourself, it looks like you were just making the whole run heavy offense thing up.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789