Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's totally superficial I know but there is an element of truth to this, I look at a guy like him or Bienemy and I think, I want that guy on the sideline leading the team. it's something in the way they hold themselves. They both are fiery but calm and their players love them.

I agree about the Philly job. If I am the Jets and he's my top choice, I don't let him leave.
    I wouldn't touch the Philadelphia job with a 100 foot yardstick. You have a mess at QB, a lot of aging players, 50+ million over the cap.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I wouldn't touch the Philadelphia job with a 100 foot yardstick. You have a mess at QB, a lot of aging players, 50+ million over the cap.
    This. Detroit job isn't great either.

Saleh is from Michigan which plays toward Detroit, and Philly is likely to offer him a boatload of cash if they want him.

If Saleh comes to the Jets, it will be interesting to see if QB Jimmy G gets acquired too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If Saleh comes to the Jets, it will be interesting to see if QB Jimmy G gets acquired too.
    Not that interested in Jimmy G. Also, it seems more likely for him to end up in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Not that interested in Jimmy G. Also, it seems more likely for him to end up in NE.
    Maybe not.

If Saleh is the HC and brings in an assistant from San Francisco to be OC, they may want someone familiar with the system.

*Update*

As no immediate deal was made with the Jets, Saleh is now going to meet with Philly.

Brady is also rumored to be a strong candidate in Philly.

I don't know if Saleh will be a great HC or not, but I just kind of wish the Jets search was over already so they could start focusing on next steps.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't know if Saleh will be a great HC or not, but I just kind of wish the Jets search was over already so they could start focusing on next steps.
    They may prefer a candidate currently on a playoff team.

They can't in-person interview them until their team's season is over.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    They may prefer a candidate currently on a playoff team.

They can't in-person interview them until their team's season is over.
    If that's the case, that's cool. But it will suck if they are just being the Jets and want to look like they are doing the right thing by holding off on the hire. It will also suck if they end up missing out on him and then on Bienemy or another coach and they get stuck with a guy like Pederson

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If that's the case, that's cool. But it will suck if they are just being the Jets and want to look like they are doing the right thing by holding off on the hire. It will also suck if they end up missing out on him and then on Bienemy or another coach and they get stuck with a guy like Pederson
    I think they want to bring in Bieniemy and Daboll to an in-person interview as well.

Even though it seems as if the Jets are willing to let the next HC choose they're assistants and coordinators, is anyone else intrigued by Aaron Glenn as DC.

Maybe its just nostalgia or sentiment, but I am interested to know what type of DC he'll make.

Even though it seems as if the Jets are willing to let the next HC choose they're assistants and coordinators, is anyone else intrigued by Aaron Glenn as DC.

Maybe its just nostalgia or sentiment, but I am interested to know what type of DC he'll make.
    I definitely am interested in Glenn for DC and I feel like thatís why they had him in. He has domes a good job with the Saints secondary and the Jets could definitely use that help.

"Next candidate"
    Arthur Smith being brought in for in-person interview.

Between the 2, I'd rather have Saleh.

"Next candidate"
    Arthur Smith being brought in for in-person interview.

Between the 2, I'd rather have Saleh.
    Agreed. What Saleh did with a depleted 49ers D this year is more impressive than what Smith has done with a good OL and a quick battering ram RB.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast