Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Littleton has no reason to take a pay cut. We canít cut him clean and he can point to any number of reasons he had a bad year and still get paid by someone else. He will get a pass for another year. Joyner should be taking the pay cut or by. He improved but not enough for his pay scale. Either way we need to get a top class DC to run the show and let them choose who they want and donít.
    Once again I concur wholeheartedly!!!!! Keep Gruden out of the defensive decisions!!!!

Raiders are a bunch of idiots when it comes to trades/drafts. Trading Bowden Jr for a 5th then trading with the same team for a linebacker we rarely used that cost us a 4th. Hey, Mayock why not do the trade straight up? Giving back the Bears a 2nd for Mack dumb move when we could have gotten more from Bears or other teams. Drafting bust after bust. Ruggs even with his cheetah speed can't run routes, get open or make plays from behind the line of scrimmage. Arnette is gonna be another Gareon Conley.

Stay the **** away from Alabama and Ohio State players. Every time we draft then they end up sucking. Coop and Jacobs are the exception but look at Jacobs now with his DUI. Rolando McClain anyone? Honestly, Gruden needs to stay the **** away from the draft room. He is the clone of Al Davis. Corners and WR's are the key to winning according to Gruden and the great Al Davis philosophy.

I read where Josh Jacobs has been arrested for a DUI involved crash.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-dui-hours-win

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I read where Josh Jacobs has been arrested for a DUI involved crash.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-dui-hours-win
    They don't have a leg to stand on. There are no test results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I have been saying something similar for years!

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    They don't have a leg to stand on. There are no test results.
    That sounds like the defense attorney talking. The police took him to the hospital first. I'm willing to bet a blood sample was taken at the hospital, which is why the police arrested Jacobs after he received treatment. It's either that, or there was sufficient evidence in the car, or in Jacobs' behavior to indicate impairment.

Legally, it's not that big of a deal as long as it's Jacobs' first DWI. It's just a misdemeanor in NV. He'll get a slap on the wrist.

But the NFL is another story. We will lose his services for a few games, whether he's charged or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Raiders are a bunch of idiots when it comes to trades/drafts. Trading Bowden Jr for a 5th then trading with the same team for a linebacker we rarely used that cost us a 4th. Hey, Mayock why not do the trade straight up? Giving back the Bears a 2nd for Mack dumb move when we could have gotten more from Bears or other teams. Drafting bust after bust. Ruggs even with his cheetah speed can't run routes, get open or make plays from behind the line of scrimmage. Arnette is gonna be another Gareon Conley.

Stay the **** away from Alabama and Ohio State players. Every time we draft then they end up sucking. Coop and Jacobs are the exception but look at Jacobs now with his DUI. Rolando McClain anyone? Honestly, Gruden needs to stay the **** away from the draft room. He is the clone of Al Davis. Corners and WR's are the key to winning according to Gruden and the great Al Davis philosophy.
    There's nothing wrong with Bama and OSU players. Coop just didn't want to play here. Jacobs is no where near McClain. Although, I would say Gruden does need help with defensive selections,

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Bama and OSU players. Coop just didn't want to play here. Jacobs is no where near McClain. Although, I would say Gruden does need help with defensive selections,
    yeah. I know. it's just that it seems all the guys we draft from those two schools end up being bust or mediocre @ best. While they seem to perform a lot better on other teams. Maybe we are just drafting the wrong players from those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    That sounds like the defense attorney talking. The police took him to the hospital first. I'm willing to bet a blood sample was taken at the hospital, which is why the police arrested Jacobs after he received treatment. It's either that, or there was sufficient evidence in the car, or in Jacobs' behavior to indicate impairment.

Legally, it's not that big of a deal as long as it's Jacobs' first DWI. It's just a misdemeanor in NV. He'll get a slap on the wrist.

But the NFL is another story. We will lose his services for a few games, whether he's charged or not.
    Nah, he won't get suspended for the arrest, just if he's convicted.

The NFLPA won't permit a suspension for a player who was arrested on DUI with no evidence.

yeah. I know. it's just that it seems all the guys we draft from those two schools end up being bust or mediocre @ best. While they seem to perform a lot better on other teams. Maybe we are just drafting the wrong players from those schools.
    I believe that many times a player fails because the type of coaching needed is not present to inspire and teach players to operate as professionals. Keep in mind that these are still young men between the ages of 20-24 who have come into a lot of money and responsibility. Some of the players are self-motivated and some need someone to push the right buttons to challenge them. How many of us were making the right decisions in our jobs all the time at their age? With that being said I believe that teams that are bad or inconsistent such as the Raiders are is often due to coaching and not identifying developing leadership on your team.
    Baltimore had a culture of leadership on the field and in the locker room; same thing with the Raiders when we were having more success in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post

"...prone to stoogery.".

Other than Jacobs, it's been a long time since we hit an early draft pick. Gruden said at his presser that he was disappointed in quite a few players in that they were not on the field enough. I'd just like to forget this year, and hope/pray that they get this process right. I am happy with the O. But I am equally displeased with the D, and I mean the entire package. Every team we play just moves the ball at will. Watching other teams reminded me of what a defensive battle was like.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Other than Jacobs, it's been a long time since we hit an early draft pick.
    We haven't really emphasized drafting pass rushers in quite a long time though. Sure, a guy like Crosby's a steal for where we took him, but other than Ferrell and Mack, the last time we tried to address the pass rush in round 1 was Tyler Brayton.

That's not nearly enough investment and emphasis over 20 years at what's become the most important part of a team outside of QB.

Honestly, at this point an "okay" pass rush find is better than getting a stud WR or something. And frankly I'd rather swing and miss at a pass rusher in the draft than to just ignore it again.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324