Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    A simple, winning formula:

Spend money on QB, OL and pass rushers. Do that and everything else works itself out.
    I would cut Trent Brown $14 million no dead money and Tyrell Williams $11.6 million no dead money. I would target 1. Leonard Williams 2. Yannick Ngakoue (Bal and probably will re-sign) 3. Ryan Kerrigan (Wash) 4. Romeo Okware Det (Low priced but high results)

A simple, winning formula:

Spend money on QB, OL and pass rushers. Do that and everything else works itself out.
    Yup, and it's why we should resist the temptation to give Agholor a big raise. He deserves one, just not from us. Decent deal, then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Yup, and it's why we should resist the temptation to give Agholor a big raise. He deserves one, just not from us. Decent deal, then maybe.
    Agholor got 17% of his career touchdowns and 26% of his career receiving yards in 2020. I agree that he has earned stability but not a hefty contract. I would give him a 3 year $15 million with additional incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I would cut Trent Brown $14 million no dead money and Tyrell Williams $11.6 million no dead money. I would target 1. Leonard Williams 2. Yannick Ngakoue (Bal and probably will re-sign) 3. Ryan Kerrigan (Wash) 4. Romeo Okware Det (Low priced but high results)
    Gruden sounded really upset about Brown in his presser. I say cut Brown and Williams for sure.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Sad watching a 49er game today since the Raider game was a ratings loser. They came close and, what really stood out is how good defenses make your offense better. Despite an offense with a third string QB and a bunch of fill ins the defense kept them in the game ---almost the whole game. Looking at both the niners and hawks play D today was a slap in the face reminder of how far we are from actually being somewhat good. Comparatively to these two team defenses we aren't even close and, it was easy to see.
    My boy found a free live stream. Saved the day. I agree though, watching other teams, our defense is not even in the same ball park.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I have a crazy idea. Someone hypnotize the entire offense into thinking that they only have 2 minutes left in the game on every series. I bet we'll see a steady decrease in the number of offensive 3 and outs. And the red zone issue will also likely get cleaned in the wash.
    I have been saying something similar for years!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Our red zone playbook is older than the Dead Sea Scrolls. Our execution is pathetic. We need a sharp young mind to add to our coaching staff on offense.

Agholor got 17% of his career touchdowns and 26% of his career receiving yards in 2020. I agree that he has earned stability but not a hefty contract. I would give him a 3 year $15 million with additional incentives.
    The main thing is not to get into a bidding war. This year he was a bargain. But the NFL is so full of WR talent, and we've invested so much draft capital in WR, that it doesn't make sense to spend a lot to bring him back, especially at the expense of spending on defense. It only makes sense if in turn you're going to trade Ruggs or something.

Basically I think of it like this .... if he'd had this same season with another team, would we have him high on our priority list of free agent targets for the offseason? Doubt it.

I'd hate for this organization to make another trade. Everyone has been a complete disaster. Even the Mack/Cooper trades have come up short. They spent a high draft pick on Ruggs and would be lucky to get a 4th for him right now. Gruden/Mayock need to stay away from trades.

I'm with you on bringing Nelson back. We need to spend wisely and spend on defensive help.

The main thing is not to get into a bidding war. This year he was a bargain. But the NFL is so full of WR talent, and we've invested so much draft capital in WR, that it doesn't make sense to spend a lot to bring him back, especially at the expense of spending on defense. It only makes sense if in turn you're going to trade Ruggs or something.

Basically I think of it like this .... if he'd had this same season with another team, would we have him high on our priority list of free agent targets for the offseason? Doubt it.
    I agree that he may not have been high on our priority list but we have him now and know how to manage him as a player and he knows the system. Coach him up and give him the 3 year 15 mil offer with a signing bonus as part of the 15 so that if you cut him within two years there is minimal dead money. WRs comparisons according to Overthecap.com puts that number at a very reasonable deal for the Raider cap situation.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    I'd hate for this organization to make another trade. Everyone has been a complete disaster. Even the Mack/Cooper trades have come up short. They spent a high draft pick on Ruggs and would be lucky to get a 4th for him right now. Gruden/Mayock need to stay away from trades.

I'm with you on bringing Nelson back. We need to spend wisely and spend on defensive help.
    Bring on Leonard Williams and sell him on the NY versus Nevada income taxes and the fact that he would be closer to the playoffs with the Raiders than with NYJ.

The defense needs a complete overhaul. There are only two "good" players from 2020, according to PFF -- Cle and Hurst. Everyone else is average, at best.

Keeping average: Nick Kwiatkoski, Carl Nassib, Nick Morrow.

... that's it. That's literally all.

Crosby is a situational pass rusher. You need a DE across from Cle. You need a NT next to Hurst.

At LB, Kwiatkoski and Morrow are worth keeping, but Littleton needs to take a pay-cut or go.

Let's not even talk about the secondary.

The Raider defense is in really, really bad shape. Worst of all, in my opinion, is very few of them play hard. They're talentless, directionless and they lack urgency, which is a really bad combination.

This is what should knock down the cost of his services. He may feel welcome here, who knows? I say keep him, he's played well.

"...prone to stoogery.".

The defense needs a complete overhaul. There are only two "good" players from 2020, according to PFF -- Cle and Hurst. Everyone else is average, at best.

Crosby is a situational pass rusher. You need a DE across from Cle. You need a NT next to Hurst.

At LB, Kwiatkoski and Morrow are worth keeping, but Littleton needs to take a pay-cut or go.

The Raider defense is in really, really bad shape. Worst of all, in my opinion, is very few of them play hard. They're talentless, directionless and they lack urgency, which is a really bad combination.
    I concur with your assessment but I do feel that if we could get that "Guy" that demands double teams and gets consistent pressure on the QB that it could cover a little of our back end lack of talent. The other thing is that if their not playing hard cut their tails and move on. Might have to do it just because to set the framework going forward.

Littleton has no reason to take a pay cut. We canít cut him clean and he can point to any number of reasons he had a bad year and still get paid by someone else. He will get a pass for another year. Joyner should be taking the pay cut or by. He improved but not enough for his pay scale. Either way we need to get a top class DC to run the show and let them choose who they want and donít.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast