Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

NFL Week 17: Las Vegas Raiders(7-8) @ Denver Broncos(5-10)

VS

Date: 1/03/21
    Time: 1:25 PM PST

Players to Watch

Passing

VS
    Drew Lock: 2594 Passing / 56.97 Comp % / 14 TD / 15 INT
    Derek Carr: 3732 Passing / 67.64 Comp % / 25 TD / 7 INT

Rushing

VS
    Melvin Gordon: 893 Rushing / 4.7 YPA / 8 TD | 141 Receiving / 5 YPR / 1 TD
    Phillip Lindsay: 502 Rushing / 4.3 YPA / 1 TD | 28 Receiving / 4 YPR /0 TD

Josh Jacobs: 976 Rushing / 3.8 YPA / 10 TD | 238 Receiving / 7.2 YPR / 0 TD
    Devontae Booker: 407 Rushing / 4.6 YPA / 3 TD | 84 Receiving / 4.9 YPR / 0 TD

Receiving

VS
    Jerry Jeudy: 716 Receiving / 15.0 YPR / 2 TD
    Noah Fant: 625 Receiving / 10.8 YPR / 3 TD

Darren Waller: 1079 Receiving / 1 YPR / 8 TD
    Nelson Agholor: 839 Receiving / 17.9 YPR / 8 TD

Defensive

VS
    Justin Simmons: 75 Solo Tackles / 3 INT
    A.J. Johnson: 68 Solo Tackles / 1 Sack / 2 Force Fumble
    Bradley Chubb: 26 Solo Tackles / 7.5 Sacks / 1 Force Fumble

Johnathan Abram: 57 Solo Tackles / 1 INT
    Nick Kwiatkoski: 53 Solo Tackles / 1 Force Fumble / 1 INT / 1 Sack
    Maxx Crosby: 17 Solo Tackle / 6 Sack

First!!!

With nothing at stake......tough game to watch. Another waste of a season. Don't care who wins.

8 - 8 here we come!

If at the beginning of the season you thought we would do worse, then you have some atoning to do -- but not much.

But if at the beginning of the season you thought we would have a much better record than that, then you both have my sympathies and my advice to seek a healthy outlet for your soul-crushing disappointment. Also, maybe check in with a mental health expert just to make sure that you don't suffer from Fatal Optimism. You know, the kind where you think you can jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet without a parachute and still land safely on a bed of roses and daffodils.

8-8 and call it a season, I'll be glad when its over.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    8 - 8 here we come!

If at the beginning of the season you thought we would do worse, then you have some atoning to do -- but not much.

But if at the beginning of the season you thought we would have a much better record than that, then you both have my sympathies and my advice to seek a healthy outlet for your soul-crushing disappointment. Also, maybe check in with a mental health expert just to make sure that you don't suffer from Fatal Optimism. You know, the kind where you think you can jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet without a parachute and still land safely on a bed of roses and daffodils.
    If you told me 8-8 at the start of the season, Id be okay.

If you told me 6-3 to 8-8, Id ask why.

The Raiders keep drafting DBs to improve their defense, when they need DTs and LBs. Until they fix that, 8-8 is the best they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    If you told me 6-3 to 8-8, Id ask why.
    If I knew at the beginning of the season that we would go from 6-3 to 8-8 or 7-9, my first thought would be that the team lost Carr to injury for 5 games or something like that. I am used to midseason collapses (Aren't we all?), but I never would have imagined our defense being this bad, or a Gruden offense would be this inept in the red zone.

I wish there was a way to sit in with Jon and the team when they reviewed game film. Something just doesn't add up. We have a solid QB. A dynamite RB. An All World TE. A line that even when it's underperforming is still better than most OLs in the league. A genius at HC/OC. But we fizzle out more often than not in the red zone. I don't get it.

I wish there was a way to sit in with Jon and the team when they reviewed game film. Something just doesn't add up. We have a solid QB.
    Yes.

A dynamite RB.
    Yes, albeit I'd classify his season as good more than dynamite.

An All World TE.
    Yes.

A line that even when it's underperforming is still better than most OLs in the league.
    Yes.

A genius at HC/OC.
    If all of the previous items are true, then the only explanation that remains is that this last part is not true.

Although I'll add one thing we do not have ... a WR who is really good in the RZ. It's a very particular skillset, one that we clearly lack.

Surprise of the decade: Trent Brown out for this game.

Hes missed 16/32 games as a Raider.

Good riddance.

Lets consider this season an outlier and move on.

2020 was a challenging year for everyone. Build a damn defense and embrace 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Lets consider this season an outlier....
    Would love to do that, but how? The Raiders have finished above .500, i.e., with a winning record, only once in the last 18 seasons including this season. Just once. If we lose on Sunday, it will be our 4th losing season in a row. Seems to me 2016, when we finished 12-4, is the outlier. The rest of this heaping pile of moist, smelly crap is the norm for Raiders.

And here's the clincher: According to the East Bay Times, the Raiders will have the 7th hardest schedule next season. This year we had the 12th easiest schedule. I pray for everyone's sake they figure out a solution and they do it PDQ or it's going to be another season of abject disappointment and woe.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/12...n-this-season/

Would love to do that, but how? The Raiders have finished above .500, i.e., with a winning record, only once in the last 18 seasons including this season. Just once. If we lose on Sunday, it will be our 4th losing season in a row. Seems to me 2016, when we finished 12-4, is the outlier. The rest of this heaping pile of moist, smelly crap is the norm for Raiders.

And here's the clincher: According to the East Bay Times, the Raiders will have the 7th hardest schedule next season. This year we had the 12th easiest schedule. I pray for everyone's sake they figure out a solution and they do it PDQ or it's going to be another season of abject disappointment and woe.

No picnic either. The Chargers, Bengals, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, and Washington will be better, so it could be a lot worse.

NFL Week 17: Las Vegas Raiders(7-8) @ Denver Broncos(5-10)

I hear you. I was referring to the Covid distractions. But-teams such Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Seattle and Green Bay continued with their winning ways despite it all.

I guess it just feels better to some find semblance of an excuse for the 2020 letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I hear you. I was referring to the Covid distractions. But-teams such Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Seattle and Green Bay continued with their winning ways despite it all.

I guess it just feels better to some find semblance of an excuse for the 2020 letdown.

Keeping the faith that one day the Raiders will be that team that knows how to win no matter what's happening around them. I never thought this organization would go 20 years without a Super Bowl appearance -- or for that matter 40 years without winning one -- but that seems to be where we're headed. Thank God I was alive for all 3 of our SB wins.

Same.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast