Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    There is a lot of work to do this off-season!!!!
    You can say that again!

The game meant nothing, so how do you expect CBS to broadcast the game? Ratings are what they want, and they don't care about what fans want.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    The game meant nothing, so how do you expect CBS to broadcast the game? Ratings are what they want, and they don't care about what fans want.
    If ‘fans’ were watching, they’d put it on TV.

Nobody cared about this game, including at least 50% of each team. That game was absurd. Good riddance.

Vic Fangio lost on purpose. Can’t take much from this stupid game. 8-8 thanks for nothing raiders!!

Hell, the Raiders don’t care about what their fans want.

My fandom is dying a slow and agonizing death, I need Tony Sporano to come back and bury a ‘20 game ball in the practice field. Can someone let me know when this is happening so I can push Gruden into the hole?
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Vic Fangio lost on purpose. Can’t take much from this stupid game. 8-8 thanks for nothing raiders!!
    That timeout that Fangio called was definitely suspect. Gruden getting a little help from the fraternity of coaches. We saw it with a boneheaded last play call against the Jets and again today with Vic calling a timeout that he didn't have to call. The Raiders, according to Gruden's postgame presser, were undecided about what play to call. They vacillated between 3 different, each with different personnel groupings. The Raiders would have likely ran out of time, but for Vic.

I don't know if Gruden gets an end of the year review under Mark like he did when Al was his boss. But if he does, I hope Mark doesn't pull any punches. The team has to get better, but the coaching does, too.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    That timeout that Fangio called was definitely suspect. Gruden getting a little help from the fraternity of coaches. We saw it with a boneheaded last play call against the Jets and again today with Vic calling a timeout that he didn't have to call. The Raiders, according to Gruden's postgame presser, were undecided about what play to call. They vacillated between 3 different, each with different personnel groupings. The Raiders would have likely ran out of time, but for Vic.

I don't know if Gruden gets an end of the year review under Mark like he did when Al was his boss. But if he does, I hope Mark doesn't pull any punches. The team has to get better, but the coaching does, too.
    Ultimately, just stop coaching stupid stuff on defense and they're substantially better.

Gruden has done great work with Carr, IMO, helping him improve in every facet. Carr is better in the pocket, more aggressive throwing downfield, much more poised on 3rd and long, etc. The offense is dynamic, especially when the OL run-blocks well.

Just... you know, stop giving up 30 yard pass plays with 24 seconds left.

You want a playoff run? Improve one stat: defensive third down conversions. That alone gives the Raiders 2-3 more wins.

Are you guys saying Fangio will be our next DC?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    And yet CBS broadcasting a Cardinals - Rams game in Northern California over a Raiders game isn't going to be a brass ring grabber either. I mean this is the 5th largest media market in the country that bleeds heavily Raiders or Niners. It's a losing proposition to televise an NFC game on a predominantly AFC network, even one with residual playoff implications. In the end you're going to get less households tuning in than you would if you aired a Raiders rivalry game, even if neither team is headed to the playoffs.

But like I said, not a big deal. What's done is done. Bay Area Raiders fans just need to either invest in Fubo or something like that, or get used to Raiders games no longer being televised here.
    Last edited by RaiderLakersA's; 01-03-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Ultimately, just stop coaching stupid stuff on defense and they're substantially better.

Gruden has done great work with Carr, IMO, helping him improve in every facet. Carr is better in the pocket, more aggressive throwing downfield, much more poised on 3rd and long, etc. The offense is dynamic, especially when the OL run-blocks well.

Just... you know, stop giving up 30 yard pass plays with 24 seconds left.

You want a playoff run? Improve one stat: defensive third down conversions. That alone gives the Raiders 2-3 more wins.
    I have a crazy idea. Someone hypnotize the entire offense into thinking that they only have 2 minutes left in the game on every series. I bet we'll see a steady decrease in the number of offensive 3 and outs. And the red zone issue will also likely get cleaned in the wash.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Are you guys saying Fangio will be our next DC?
    Some people are great coordinators, but meh head coaches. I think Fangio is one of those guys. And until Gruden builds a championship caliber team here, I'll feel the same way about him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Some people are great coordinators, but meh head coaches. I think Fangio is one of those guys. And until Gruden builds a championship caliber team here, I'll feel the same way about him.
    Some people are better TV analysts than head coaches...

Sad watching a 49er game today since the Raider game was a ratings loser. They came close and, what really stood out is how good defenses make your offense better. Despite an offense with a third string QB and a bunch of fill ins the defense kept them in the game ---almost the whole game. Looking at both the niners and hawks play D today was a slap in the face reminder of how far we are from actually being somewhat good. Comparatively to these two team defenses we aren't even close and, it was easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Sad watching a 49er game today since the Raider game was a ratings loser. They came close and, what really stood out is how good defenses make your offense better. Despite an offense with a third string QB and a bunch of fill ins the defense kept them in the game ---almost the whole game. Looking at both the niners and hawks play D today was a slap in the face reminder of how far we are from actually being somewhat good. Comparatively to these two team defenses we aren't even close and, it was easy to see.
    A simple, winning formula:

Spend money on QB, OL and pass rushers. Do that and everything else works itself out.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast