Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Like I said, I have no issue with him wanting to be released from Seattle. I take up the issue with manipulating the waiver system (where any team can make the claim) to end up at a specific spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, Seattle couldn’t outright release him at this time of the year anyway. Also, things like this probably happen all the time so is it fair or is it not fair if many other people are doing it in all phases (draft, free agency, trades etc)? The only reason we know about it is because Harrison hasn’t exactly been quiet about it which just makes him dumb, his agent is probably ripping him a new one as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Asking for release is fair. Publicly claiming you’ll retire to scare off waiver claims is fair. If he called another team to let them know that doesn’t apply to them then that would be foul IMO.

Problem is you’re never going to trace it. He’s not going to call the packers. His agent will who probably has other clients he can hide behind. Or he tells a friend who tells the team. There’s never really going to be a way to enforce the tampering.
    But its not even tampering. Tampering exists when you are with a team or when free agency isn't open. Snacks was released. He was open to being claimed. Who cares if he talks to teams on where he wants to play?

Any team could have called his bluffs. The packers are last in the NFC waivers. Any of the Packers potential opponents could have called his bluff and claimed him. Worst case he retires. Even if you have to pay him 1/16 of his salary, it could have been worth it.

He was scheduled to work out in GB before Seattle signed him. Connecting the dots wouldnt have been hard. The dude is a vet who isn't making much money, if he legit would have retired over playing with a borderline playoff team that's his prerogative. It could have just as easily backfired, but every NFC team had a chance to block it. No idea how anyone could consider it foul.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13
    But its not even tampering. Tampering exists when you are with a team or when free agency isn't open. Snacks was released. He was open to being claimed. Who cares if he talks to teams on where he wants to play?
    It would be illegal for him to talk directly to other teams until he clears waivers and gets released.

Section 2. Contact: Coaches or any other persons connected with another NFL Club are prohibited from contacting any player placed on waivers until such time as the player is released by the waiving Club.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Meh. It’s not like Snacks is Aaron Donald. He’s been average to below average for a while now.

Yep. The Packers are doing Harrison a huge favor by allowing him to join the team at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It would be illegal for him to talk directly to other teams until he clears waivers and gets released.
    Yeah I was thinking that because he’s technically still a member of the Seahawks until every team had a chance to claim. He wasn’t a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    One team's trash is another team's treasure. Theres always guys who just don't mesh with one team or don't fit the situation they're in who could be a big difference maker elsewhere. Some aging edge rusher is probably struggling to succeed as a starter on a bad team, but could contribute on a team where they're only asked to play limited snaps (see Suggs last year).
    Ah. I misread what you wrote. I interpreted what you said as you taking issue with him getting to choose who he wanted to play for in week 16. I get what you’re saying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Nice guy but i don't think he is the same player he was a healthy scratch against a big game against the Rams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12