Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Clearly, you only read a little..I know when and how long it's been as it is... never said I didn't... though many here seem to think the Yanks should have the same successes as when it was only 8 teams and win the regular season, you win the pennant... those days are long gone.. when you add teams to the playoffs... you make it so a team that really has no business winning.. can win... (I.E. I gauled me that Houston (and Milwaukee) was even allowed in the playoffs, then if that wasn't bad enough... they were 1 win away from the WS... they were below .500 on the season... it made the MLB regular season and playoffs into a JOKE...its no wonder so many tuned it out!)

Personally... teams that can't win their division should be done! But MLB just sees $$$$... just like NHL, NBA and NFL... (worse with the NFL and the NFC East.. ugh talk about losers!)

Oh, I know.. it's the way it is... but that don't mean I have to like it.. I much preferred the 2 division leagues of the 80's.. and can't stand the daily interleague play... (well, inter conference.. since it is daily.. they're not separate leagues anymore... ) I like the difference between the AL and NL.. (DH or no DH) Both styles have their advantages.. I like making pitchers hit meaning they have to be a complete player... rather than the 1 dimensional players they are in the DH leagues... but I also like the fact that in the AL, they can make pitching changes without worrying about whose going to hit when for the pitchers spot..but it does mean you need a deeper bench... which means the backup guys get into more games in the NL... Both have advantages.. and I like seeing those.. now.. you can see the pitchers hitting going away sooner... which will be a sad day for baseball in america...
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I want people who think the Yankees would have beaten the Astros in the alcs last season with cole only starting one game in that series . Please explain how a Yankees team with an overused bullpen on top of that would have beaten the Astros .

Because if you would watch the games, you would know something I've post 100 times. ANY TEAM CAN WIN ON ANY DAY REGARDELESS OF WHO'S PITCHING. Have you never seen a lesser pitcher win over the better pitcher? I guess not.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    springer altuve correa kill the yanks and if they faced the yanks last year in the playoffs they would have done the same..

That's your opinion, not a FACT. You have no clue what they would do.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

A-MEN!!

Oh, and I still abhor the Giants and Dodgers for how they treated NYC in the mid-50's... a city that supported both teams for decades.. only for them to move 3000 miles away IN THE SAME OFFSEASON... I was not alive yet... and I've heard that Brooklyn had yet to forgive the Dodgers.... just rude how baseball let that happen... The Dodgers deserve their warm weather fans they have (word I've heard.. they show up late.. stick around just long enough to be seen.. then leave early... and that's when their winning... ).. and the Giants not getting any championships for 4 decades after the move...

People.. you want your favorite teams to NOT move... piece of advice... MAKE THEM OWN THEIR VENUES... that means it's like trying to move an Oak tree without killing it... They love renting because they can pack up and move with little notice (see the Colts, Dodgers, Giants, etc..)

I guess this means.. I'm a puriest in many ways... and I can live with that tag... just because that's they "way it is" doesn't mean "I have to like it!"... I don't mind the expansion.. or the parity.. but watering down the playoffs... YUCK!
    The Dodgers and Giants. A stake thru the heart of all Brooklyn fans. My mom was a diehard. She cursed O'Malley until her death a few years back. Never forgave him. (The silver lining, the move prompted my mother to acquiesce and they became Yankees season ticket holders. My Fathers team. We held them until the new stadium opened.)

Ironically, Dodgers were a very successful team in the 50's (they moved in 1957). They regularly packed Ebbets field and all indications are they were very profitable. LA's promise of a new stadium was just too much for ownership to pass on.

I have also heard it was a package deal the MLB ownership committee presented, either they both go or neither. NYC got hammered in that deal.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a purist, not many of us left!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    That's your opinion, not a FACT. You have no clue what they would do.
    fact is 2 years in a row vs the yanks in the post season they killed the yanks hopes...

fact is 2 years in a row vs the yanks in the post season they killed the yanks hopes...
    3 times in the last 6 seasons the Astros eliminated the yanks from the playoffs . That is not good

What, if any role do you ascribe Astros electronic surveillance in those wins?

As a corollary, is PED use cheating?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That is true. But it is not a guarantee of fact that it would have happened this year.

I am impressed you actually used the word fact properly and wrote one at the same time

Ignorance is bliss

And that has nothing to do with future outcomes. NOTHING!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    What, if any role do you ascribe Astros electronic surveillance in those wins?

As a corollary, is PED use cheating?
    Well being that the Astros scored more than 4 runs just once in their 4 wins on the 2017 alcs , I would say they kept their sign stealing to a minimum . Especially when the yanks didn’t hit at all on the road in that series too. As for the 2019 alcs , I am not sure if they cheated in the first 5 games since the Astros took two of three at Yankee stadium . But I do think they likely cheated in game 6 .
    Last edited by Posada20; 01-04-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Because if you would watch the games, you would know something I've post 100 times. ANY TEAM CAN WIN ON ANY DAY REGARDELESS OF WHO'S PITCHING. Have you never seen a lesser pitcher win over the better pitcher? I guess not.
    OMG... just go back and watch all of the games between the Yanks and the Red Sox when Pedro was on the mound... We never had any pitcher during that time who was as good as Pedro... but against the Yanks, his numbers were pedestrain (against the rest of MLB... Herculean)... Yet the Yanks often beat Pedro.... then again.. it's the AL.. Pitchers don't pitch against each other.... you pitch against the other pitchers teammates and vice versa...

3 times in the last 6 seasons the Astros eliminated the yanks from the playoffs . That is not good
    True... but at the same time, the price tag for that team has finally come due... they are having to watch many of the top players (Cole, Springer and others) walk because they've become unaffordable to them... and more are set to walk in the next few years.... The Astros window is clearly closing fast.

True... but at the same time, the price tag for that team has finally come due... they are having to watch many of the top players (Cole, Springer and others) walk because they've become unaffordable to them... and more are set to walk in the next few years.... The Astros window is clearly closing fast.
    Same can be said about the window for the Yankees .

Same can be said about the window for the Yankees .
    Really? Who paid Cole?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Really? Who paid Cole?
    Unk, of course.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast