Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Please refresh my memory, I seem to have drawn a blank. For three years (2016-19) Sox didn't have a GM. They promoted O'Halloran October 28, 2019 and as far as I can deduce he remains in that role with the club.
    I am sure they fired someone in their front office in 2019 and then brought in someone from Tampa bay to replace him

Dombroiski was the president of operations, n I t the GM.

Who do u guys think are the top 3 gms in baseball. I would have to say Friedman and Prellar, LA and SD, would be my top 2. After that I wouldn't say anyone else has established themselves or done as well as those 2. I would say the Tays GM will make that list if they end up winning the Snell trade

While I think Cashman is probably in the top 10 bit IMO he way to into using anals to evaluate players make in game decisions and scouting/ development. Imo we need someone in that office and even our manager needs to use analytics as a tool not using them as the primary decision making tools. Imo the eye test is also very important. I'd love to see them bring on a Pena type who could use a different method to get through to players, especially Sanchez. If he's even going to put up elite numbers again he needs a mentor to kick his *** when hes being lazy.

I would absolutely love if they brought Kratz back as a coach to work with young pitchers and catchers. He was excellent and any C that can still get a job in his late 30's definitely has some knowledge to pass on. Catcjers always make the best coaches. Bring Kratz back and maybe in a few yrs he ends up or manager or MLB pitching and Catching coach

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Dombroiski was the president of operations, n I t the GM.

Who do u guys think are the top 3 gms in baseball. I would have to say Friedman and Prellar, LA and SD, would be my top 2. After that I wouldn't say anyone else has established themselves or done as well as those 2. I would say the Tays GM will make that list if they end up winning the Snell trade

While I think Cashman is probably in the top 10 bit IMO he way to into using anals to evaluate players make in game decisions and scouting/ development. Imo we need someone in that office and even our manager needs to use analytics as a tool not using them as the primary decision making tools. Imo the eye test is also very important. I'd love to see them bring on a Pena type who could use a different method to get through to players, especially Sanchez. If he's even going to put up elite numbers again he needs a mentor to kick his *** when hes being lazy.

I would absolutely love if they brought Kratz back as a coach to work with young pitchers and catchers. He was excellent and any C that can still get a job in his late 30's definitely has some knowledge to pass on. Catcjers always make the best coaches. Bring Kratz back and maybe in a few yrs he ends up or manager or MLB pitching and Catching coach
    I would say cashman is not in the top ten gms , I would say 12 or 13 tops . I just see him as an average gm who is too in love with analytics and hrs . As for kratz , I believe he retired and isn’t going to be a playing this season. I wouu up of love kratz as a catching coach or bench coach

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even without springer the astros would still beat this current yankee team in the post season
    Of course they would, with or without electronic intervention?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Dayne, Preller is looking like a genius this off season. He's seizing the moment and taking advantage of opportunity.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Of course they would, with or without electronic intervention?
    did you watch the tampa houston playoffs last year? if you did it was clear to anyone the astros if they faced the yanks would have beaten them last year..

did you watch the tampa houston playoffs last year? if you did it was clear to anyone the astros if they faced the yanks would have beaten them last year..
    I am not convinced the yanks would have beaten the Astros , Don’t forget cole would have only started one game in that series , game 4 . Astros would have likely feasted on a worn out yanks bullpen and suspect starting pitching in the first 3 games .

Prove it.........
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Prove it.........
    I mean technically, there are infinite time lines with infinite results, so somewhere in the time-space, string and goop, there is a scenario where and where that happened.

(I don't think he was looking at it that way, so my guess is he's just bitter and cranky and wants to view all in a negative light)

Ignorance is bliss

I want people who think the Yankees would have beaten the Astros in the alcs last season with cole only starting one game in that series . Please explain how a Yankees team with an overused bullpen on top of that would have beaten the Astros .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I want people who think the Yankees would have beaten the Astros in the alcs last season with cole only starting one game in that series . Please explain how a Yankees team with an overused bullpen on top of that would have beaten the Astros .
    springer altuve correa kill the yanks and if they faced the yanks last year in the playoffs they would have done the same..

springer altuve correa kill the yanks and if they faced the yanks last year in the playoffs they would have done the same..
    Exactly , they would have feasted on the Yankees weak pitching in the first 3 games of that series .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Why don’t you wake up and realize the playoffs have been 3 rounds since 1995 . The only difference is just one extra playoff game in the wild card game. . And as for the playoffs being a crapshoot theory , I would tend to think the last 4 world champions prove that to be false . All 4 of those teams had one thing in common , great starting pitching . Something the yanks haven’t had since 2012
    Clearly, you only read a little..I know when and how long it's been as it is... never said I didn't... though many here seem to think the Yanks should have the same successes as when it was only 8 teams and win the regular season, you win the pennant... those days are long gone.. when you add teams to the playoffs... you make it so a team that really has no business winning.. can win... (I.E. I gauled me that Houston (and Milwaukee) was even allowed in the playoffs, then if that wasn't bad enough... they were 1 win away from the WS... they were below .500 on the season... it made the MLB regular season and playoffs into a JOKE...its no wonder so many tuned it out!)

Personally... teams that can't win their division should be done! But MLB just sees $$$$... just like NHL, NBA and NFL... (worse with the NFL and the NFC East.. ugh talk about losers!)

Oh, I know.. it's the way it is... but that don't mean I have to like it.. I much preferred the 2 division leagues of the 80's.. and can't stand the daily interleague play... (well, inter conference.. since it is daily.. they're not separate leagues anymore... ) I like the difference between the AL and NL.. (DH or no DH) Both styles have their advantages.. I like making pitchers hit meaning they have to be a complete player... rather than the 1 dimensional players they are in the DH leagues... but I also like the fact that in the AL, they can make pitching changes without worrying about whose going to hit when for the pitchers spot..but it does mean you need a deeper bench... which means the backup guys get into more games in the NL... Both have advantages.. and I like seeing those.. now.. you can see the pitchers hitting going away sooner... which will be a sad day for baseball in america...

Evil, from my perspective you are preaching to the choir! I absolutely abhor the direction the MLB is taking. Seems they are getting their cues from NBA and NHL. I've said it before, it renders the regular season virtually meaningless except as a seeding mechanism for the post season! Yuch!

I think many of our younger members fail to see or appreciate the Yankees history, how things have changed, and use the NFL, NBA and NHL as templates for post season play....the more the merrier! The beginning of the end began with the WC spots imo. The continued expansion of post season, imo, will continue the downward spiral. The product so watered down people may only watch "the playoffs." Once they reduce the season from 162 down to around 100 or whatever their "magic' number to insure parity, look out.

Rant off......and get off my lawn kid!
    A-MEN!!

Oh, and I still abhor the Giants and Dodgers for how they treated NYC in the mid-50's... a city that supported both teams for decades.. only for them to move 3000 miles away IN THE SAME OFFSEASON... I was not alive yet... and I've heard that Brooklyn had yet to forgive the Dodgers.... just rude how baseball let that happen... The Dodgers deserve their warm weather fans they have (word I've heard.. they show up late.. stick around just long enough to be seen.. then leave early... and that's when their winning... ).. and the Giants not getting any championships for 4 decades after the move...

People.. you want your favorite teams to NOT move... piece of advice... MAKE THEM OWN THEIR VENUES... that means it's like trying to move an Oak tree without killing it... They love renting because they can pack up and move with little notice (see the Colts, Dodgers, Giants, etc..)

I guess this means.. I'm a puriest in many ways... and I can live with that tag... just because that's they "way it is" doesn't mean "I have to like it!"... I don't mind the expansion.. or the parity.. but watering down the playoffs... YUCK!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    A-MEN!!

Oh, and I still abhor the Giants and Dodgers for how they treated NYC in the mid-50's... a city that supported both teams for decades.. only for them to move 3000 miles away IN THE SAME OFFSEASON... I was not alive yet... and I've heard that Brooklyn had yet to forgive the Dodgers.... just rude how baseball let that happen... The Dodgers deserve their warm weather fans they have (word I've heard.. they show up late.. stick around just long enough to be seen.. then leave early... and that's when their winning... ).. and the Giants not getting any championships for 4 decades after the move...

People.. you want your favorite teams to NOT move... piece of advice... MAKE THEM OWN THEIR VENUES... that means it's like trying to move an Oak tree without killing it... They love renting because they can pack up and move with little notice (see the Colts, Dodgers, Giants, etc..)

I guess this means.. I'm a puriest in many ways... and I can live with that tag... just because that's they "way it is" doesn't mean "I have to like it!"... I don't mind the expansion.. or the parity.. but watering down the playoffs... YUCK!
    Noting wrong with being a purest. I full agree with both your pos and Doc's.
    The regular season means less and less.

My dad was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan. He hated the Giants and LA Dodgers.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast