Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Yankees big winners; addition by substraction?

Yankees just became a big winner of the offseason
    By Dan Martin December 29, 2020 | 7:47pm | Updated

They have less than two months to determine how the rest of the offseason goes to see where they stand in the division, but as of Tuesday, the AL East doesn’t look as tough as it did a few months ago.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/29/rays-t...t-for-yankees/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees just became a big winner of the offseason
    By Dan Martin December 29, 2020 | 7:47pm | Updated

They have less than two months to determine how the rest of the offseason goes to see where they stand in the division, but as of Tuesday, the AL East doesn’t look as tough as it did a few months ago.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/29/rays-t...t-for-yankees/
    Unless they improve this off season I am not sure how much of a winner they are this off season. Toronto isn’t a bad team and Boston can still hit . The yanks rotation after cole scares no one .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hooray, Yankees may be better on paper than the Rays because the Rays had a fire sale.

Does I benefit the Yankees? For sure.
    Are they winners? No. Not until they make the team better. They haven't even made the team the same, so I would argue that the loss of DJ would be more impactful for the Yankees than Snell and Morton is to the Rays.

Yankees will "win" when they sign DJ or another player close to his caliber and add a second player, be it a pitcher or position player upgrade.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hooray, Yankees may be better on paper than the Rays because the Rays had a fire sale.

Are they winners? No. Not until they make the team better. They haven't even made the team the same, so I would argue that the loss of DJ would be more impactful for the Yankees than Snell and Morton is to the Rays.

Yankees will "win" when they sign DJ or another player close to his caliber and add a second player, be it a pitcher or position player upgrade.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Agree, they play the game on grass not paper.

But....I get the authors point. A simple, rather trite take on the situ. As mentioned in headline: addition by subtraction. We would all prefer addition by addition.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

The only addition it is for the yanks is that the division is now less competitive . It didn’t make the Yankees any better or more competitive . I mean why isn’t the rays getting worse a win for the jays or the Red Sox ? Both teams have good offenses

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    The only addition it is for the yanks is that the division is now less competitive . It didn’t make the Yankees any better or more competitive . I mean why isn’t the rays getting worse a win for the jays or the Red Sox ? Both teams have good offenses
    It is, employing same logic used by author. I guess the best analogy I can think of at the moment, rising tides raise all boats.

Yankees are plenty competitive, don't underestimate. They will be in the thick of things from start to finish, barring catastrophic injury. A solid #2 and or the addition of Lindor would put them in the drivers seat in the East. Even bringing back Tanaka gives them a leg up imo.

It is, employing same logic used by author. I guess the best analogy I can think of at the moment, rising tides raise all boats.

Yankees are plenty competitive, don't underestimate. They will be in the thick of things from start to finish, barring catastrophic injury. A solid #2 and or the addition of Lindor would put them in the drivers seat in the East. Even bringing back Tanaka gives them a leg up imo.
    Of course they are gonna be in the thick of things since there will be atleast 6 teams making the playoffs this coming season . Not because of how competitive they will be . And Tanaka won’t make them better just the same and maybe even worse since his numbers from the last two seasons haven’t been good at all . If I am underestimating this team then you clearly are over estimating them

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Of course they are gonna be in the thick of things since there will be atleast 6 teams making the playoffs this coming season . Not because of how competitive they will be . And Tanaka won’t make them better just the same and maybe even worse since his numbers from the last two seasons haven’t been good at all . If I am underestimating this team then you clearly are over estimating them
    OK Jorge you win. They suck, always have and always will. Those 27 WS rings were luck and possibly flukes or maybe they were all rigged? Yep that's the ticket, they were all rigged.

They have no chance of winning so why even try. Why have the highest payroll if it amounts to squat? Why spend if you will suck regardless? Am I right? Did I get the gist?

Oh, btw considering how bad you anticipate they will perform, have you given any more thought to my suggested wager? Remember ? Mets - Yankees best record. You win I resign as mod. I win you leave the forum for good?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Agree, they play the game on grass not paper.

But....I get the authors point. A simple, rather trite take on the situ. As mentioned in headline: addition by subtraction. We would all prefer addition by addition.
    Yes!!!

The big issue with the writer is that he leaves out the fact that DJ is not on the team right now. That dramatically changes this lineup.

Ignorance is bliss

the goal for the yankees is to win the world series it has been 11 years already they are not even close to achieving the dream.. they cant even make it to the series.. and i do not see any reason as of right now they can with this current team...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    the goal for the yankees is to win the world series it has been 11 years already they are not even close to achieving the dream.. they cant even make it to the series.. and i do not see any reason as of right now they can with this current team...
    If the jays get springer , winning the East will become harder for the Yankees , that’s for sure .

Vegas book makers see it differently, their futures odds reflect that. They are pros and their livelihood depends on getting it right. I realize it's very early and one or two injuries or acquisitions could change things in a heartbeat. My point, the pros see the Yankees as a winner, at this juncture they are willing to BET on it!

2021 WORLD SERIES ODDS
    ODDS TO WIN 2021 MLB WORLD SERIES
    Team American Fractional
    Los Angeles Dodgers +400 4/1
    New York Yankees +550 11/2
    Atlanta Braves +1000 10/1
    San Diego Padres +1100 11/1

2021 AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT ODDS
    ODDS TO WIN 2021 MLB AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT
    Team American Fractional
    New York Yankees +275 11/4
    Chicago White Sox +625 25/4
    Tampa Bay Rays +650 13/2
    Minnesota Twins +700

Vegas book makers see it differently, their futures odds reflect that. They are pros and their livelihood depends on getting it right. I realize it's very early and one or two injuries or acquisitions could change things in a heartbeat. My point, the pros see the Yankees as a winner, at this juncture they are willing to BET on it!

2021 WORLD SERIES ODDS
    ODDS TO WIN 2021 MLB WORLD SERIES
    Team American Fractional
    Los Angeles Dodgers +400 4/1
    New York Yankees +550 11/2
    Atlanta Braves +1000 10/1
    San Diego Padres +1100 11/1

2021 AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT ODDS
    ODDS TO WIN 2021 MLB AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT
    Team American Fractional
    New York Yankees +275 11/4
    Chicago White Sox +625 25/4
    Tampa Bay Rays +650 13/2
    Minnesota Twins +700
    I would think this past season would have taught you that Vegas odds makers aren’t always right . Speaking of which what odds did Vegas give the nats before their championship run in 2019? Oh and in the last 4 years now how many times did the Vegas odds makers give the Yankees the some of the best odds at making the ws and how many times did the yanks end up making it there ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 12-31-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast