Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With Dinwiddie down...

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...BmudjN8aQ7DTEM

First off, they are NOT expected to do anything. That is classic headline bait for comments like mine.

Second, it's sad to see Dinwiddle get hurt like this in this type of year with high expectations. Plus I do see them trying to replace his numbers. However, keep in mind this entire article is derived from one sentence:

"...“I think Brooklyn will look to trade for another point guard,” another Eastern Conference executive told HoopsHype. “They could look to move Spencer with a pick to get a player..."

That's it. Some guy's opinion. Going out on a limb there right? LOL. No major source, no connected names. Just some random exec's opinion. Also, can we acknowledge they are suggesting trading Dinwiddie with a major injury for a pick. I am so glad this person is not the GM. He'd be fired on the spot. The #1 rule: YOU DO NOT TRADE LOW!

So in other words, take it with a major grain of salt. LaVert has potential to replace Dinwiddie's numbers as long as he stays healthy. So basically all they really need to do is replace LaVert's numbers off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    https://www.prosportsdaily.com/artic...BmudjN8aQ7DTEM

First off, they are NOT expected to do anything. That is classic headline bait for comments like mine.

Second, it's sad to see Dinwiddle get hurt like this in this type of year with high expectations. Plus I do see them trying to replace his numbers. However, keep in mind this entire article is derived from one sentence:

"...“I think Brooklyn will look to trade for another point guard,” another Eastern Conference executive told HoopsHype. “They could look to move Spencer with a pick to get a player..."

That's it. Some guy's opinion. Going out on a limb there right? LOL. No major source, no connected names. Just some random exec's opinion. Also, can we acknowledge they are suggesting trading Dinwiddie with a major injury for a pick. I am so glad this person is not the GM. He'd be fired on the spot. The #1 rule: YOU DO NOT TRADE LOW!

So in other words, take it with a major grain of salt. LaVert has potential to replace Dinwiddie's numbers as long as he stays healthy. So basically all they really need to do is replace LaVert's numbers off the bench.
    If I'm Dinwiddie, I request a trade out of Brooklyn. Why? Dinwiddie is basically playing not 1st, 2nd, 3rd...he is playing 4th fiddle in that Brooklyn offense behind KD, Kyrie and Levert. At least on another team, he can be a solid #2 or #3 option if healthy.

I would trade him to teams like the Magic, Bulls, Cavaliers, Knicks or to the Pacers believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I'm Dinwiddie, I request a trade out of Brooklyn. Why? Dinwiddie is basically playing not 1st, 2nd, 3rd...he is playing 4th fiddle in that Brooklyn offense behind KD, Kyrie and Levert. At least on another team, he can be a solid #2 or #3 option if healthy.

I would trade him to teams like the Magic, Bulls, Cavaliers, Knicks or to the Pacers believe it or not.
    Requesting a trade out is what I expected him to do based on last season. I was pleasantly surprised he did not (that we know of). But unfortunately as of right now, with his injury...he's a Net until he can at least get back on the court to raise his trade value.

But let's not mince words. There are plenty of teams he would start for, let alone be the #2. Most of the Nets second team could.