Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knicks are doing a masterful job at masking our PG issues. Payton was taking the big shots in last nights game and if he missed those shots as we've seen him do many times, this thread would be much different today. Watching the ball go back and forth between Randle and Payton all night, was a little annoying, not gonna lie.
    It is annoying but those two have to worry about there own paycheck for next year too bad Knicks rookies frank knox mitch don't understand this maybe once they hit FA reality will hit them hard.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheetos185; 12-30-2020 at 03:02 PM.

I'm glad we aren't tanking. So dumb to tank in NBA when it is a lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The Mavs traded up from 5 to 3. Only one team has traded completely out of the top 5 in the last 20 years (I didnít go back any farther, but imagine it would be similar). If they donít end up with Doncic, they still get Trae Young. So no, itís not something that any team couldíve done and itís very much another benefit teams get from being in the top 5 of a draft.

Giannis re-signed with his team. LeBron went back to his original team. Miami is an exception for obvious reasons. Small market teams donít get premiere free agents. The closest thing weíve seen to that is the Spurs signing LaMarcus Aldridge and Iím not sure that even counts. For as good as some of those organizations have been, it doesnít translate to signing free agents.

Hockey has a lottery system and in the NFL it doesnít matter unless the team needs a QB because of the depth of talent and the fact that there are 22 starting positions that need to be filled. Regardless, I was just pointing out the whole premise of how and why all drafts were originally setup without a lottery. It was a way to make sure that the rich donít keep getting richer while the poor keeps getting poorer and to have some semblance of parity. It didnít work in the NBA because of all the the things weíve mentioned, but that doesnít mean that the NBA should make it even worse, which is what will potentially happen with the way the lottery is now setup.

This is also while the issue of tanking still exists. If weíre being honest, all they did was find something so other GMs wouldnít follow Hinkieís philosophy. Teams are now just back to their normal tanking ways though.
    Just instant reflex but didn't Cleveland trade Wiggins? I dont care to dig into it either. But surely you can trade for a top pick if you have the assets. Couldn't we have moved up from 8 to 3rd with an extra first and something else?

Edit: Jets should've tanked for Trevor... NHL has a lottery, so again I dont see the point in the last paragraph. Lets agree to disagree for now
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 12-30-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Some would say, problem fixed. Now how to fix teams with terrible management? Unfortunately there are no rules for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Just instant reflex but didn't Cleveland trade Wiggins? I dont care to dig into it either. But surely you can trade for a top pick if you have the assets. Couldn't we have moved up from 8 to 3rd with an extra first and something else?

Edit: Jets should've tanked for Trevor... NHL has a lottery, so again I dont see the point in the last paragraph. Lets agree to disagree for now
    They traded Wiggins cause Lebron wanted it. That's the only chance you ever get to trade for a top pick. Either that or if a team completely gives up on their guy like the 76ers did with fultz

Jeff Green for Ray Allen?? Haha I cant think of anymore though lol, so point taken. It can be done though

They traded Wiggins cause Lebron wanted it. That's the only chance you ever get to trade for a top pick. Either that or if a team completely gives up on their guy like the 76ers did with fultz
    Warriors pick was being shopped. Top picks are shopped, I'm not denying it takes assets. But yeah you are not going to trade for the #1 pick when Lebron or Zion are there. But 99% aren't that.

Also here is the other thing. With teams that are not necessarily completely terrible winning top picks these trades will get more likely as those teams will value cap space and ready talent more than prospects. Lets see, it's a thought. No matter how you look at it from Knicks perspective all the rules are bad that don't get us top pick
    Last edited by Shawn2timer; 12-30-2020 at 03:53 PM.

You guys are depressing

For tomorrow:

Spellman/DSJ/Frank(sprained knee) and Obi - Out
    Burks/Quickley/Rivers - Questionable

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    For tomorrow:

Quickley questionable is good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Meh as long as we make the playoffs im fine with it but if we make play in tournament or just barely miss the playoffs and pick 10 or later ima be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    It is annoying but those two have to worry about there own paycheck for next year too bad Knicks rookies frank knox mitch don't understand this maybe once they hit FA reality will hit them hard.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I don't blame Randle and Payton for playing well. That would be crazy. And I'm not blaming the org if they want to really give the Randle experiment an honest chance. Hey, wouldn't it be nice if the Knicks slipped up and fell into an all-star. Gonna be interesting to see how the Knicks handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    For tomorrow:

well that is great news for the returning and terrible news for Frank, seems to always have these little nagging injuries that take forever to heal/

I personally want to see all three of the questionable playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post

Moving up from 8 to 3 is unprecedented. Moving out of the top 5 is extremely rare. In 2004, the Jazz traded up from 6 to 3. Last year the Hawks traded up from 8 to 4, but in what was considered a three player draft. If a move from 8 to 3 were to happen, this wouldíve been the year based on the perception of the top of the draft. No chance that wouldíve happened during the 2018 draft.

Teams have traded the pick outright for an All Star or potential All Star though and the Cavs trading Wiggins for Love is an example of that. The Celtics trading the third pick for Ray Allen is another, but I think teams realize the importance of draft positioning which is why itís rare.

This provides examples - https://knicksfilmschool.substack.com/p/movin-on-up

Agreed that the Jets shouldíve tanked for Trevor Lawrence, but unlike the NBA, NFL teams move up and down draft boards all the time so tanking isnít always necessary. Itís just the Jets luck that the team with the number 1 pick needs a QB also.
    Last edited by smood999; 12-30-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I don't blame Randle and Payton for playing well. That would be crazy. And I'm not blaming the org if they want to really give the Randle experiment an honest chance. Hey, wouldn't it be nice if the Knicks slipped up and fell into an all-star. Gonna be interesting to see how the Knicks handle this.
    Why would it be slipping? The Knicks signed Randle as a free agent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast