Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You basically highlighted the importance of drafting high. 12/16 players you named as difference makers drafted since 2015 were drafted in the top 5 and 13/16 were drafted in the top 7, yet we continue to have this debate every year about whether or not draft positioning matters.

Iíll never understand it.
    Quite the self-own by ortforshort here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    RJ's not ready for a lead role off the bench?? Randle is getting doubled almost every touch so that attack of RJ's doesn't seem to be working well with Randle so far. It didn't work when Randle wasn't good and it's not working well when Randle IS good. Just saying that another look wouldn't hurt anyone and could help everyone.
    Naa he's not ready for that yet. Rj and randle actually have been playing well off each other it's just that rj has been doodoo recently. That's his problem not Randles. His decision making is suspect which should scare the knicks from giving him increased responsibility. It's early tho so let's see how he adjusts

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I disagree, over a long term it's a good indicator of how a team does with certain players. but just about any stat is irrelevant right now after 4 games.
    Your right

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I disagree, over a long term it's a good indicator of how a team does with certain players. but just about any stat is irrelevant right now after 4 games.
    Itís useless unless you are someone that pulls it out when it supports an opinion you already have and ignore it when it doesnít

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Anti-Tanking Rule

You basically highlighted the importance of drafting high. 12/16 players you named as difference makers drafted since 2015 were drafted in the top 5 and 13/16 were drafted in the top 7, yet we continue to have this debate every year about whether or not draft positioning matters.

Iíll never understand it.
    Agreed, if you're not in the top 5, forget it, and, even then, it's a crap shoot.

The NBA went the wrong way with their anti-tanking rules.
    Philly followed the only logical path with The Process and with 5 super high picks, they only managed to hit on 2, Embiid and Simmons.

I'm surprised the NBA sustains the interest it does seeing how there are so many teams on a treadmill to nowhere (that being said, I still follow the hapless, hopeless Knicks).

Three things need to stop:
    Superteams, draft lotteries and having 18 year olds eligible for the draft.

There just aren't enough game changers to go around with 30 teams to have two or three of them piling up on a handful of teams. Change the rules to have one max contract per team.
    And go from there.

Draft lotteries are a joke. If you stink and then have to draft sixth or seventh, you've essentially missed out on the draft and will spend another year in purgatory. The Knicks have shown how drafting eighth or ninth is essentially like not having a useful pick - and it's back to wait til next year.

You need to change the age limit to 21. On top of having the crapshoot of a lottery, you have the crapshoot of drafting snot-noses. Also, an 18 year old after four years in the league, where you have to make big decisions on their future is still only a puppy at 22. Except for the precious few exceptions, you've pretty much wasted four years on a kid that you drafted that was too young to get any meaningful minutes.

As frustrated as I am with the Knicks organization, the deck is really stacked against you in this league to be able to do anything but wallow in the muck once you're in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Isn't the easier solution just to start Quick instead of Payton. The spacing isn't good right now for RJ or Randle. (Randle's been thriving because the shot is falling, but that's not going to be sustainable at the rate that he's been shooting it.). Adding Quick to the starting lineup opens up things significantly for Randle and RJ.

On the flip side, Payton works really well with the 2nd unit. It'll be him, Burks, Knox, Toppin, and Noel off the bench - basically a bunch of shooters (assuming Obi gets his **** together) and Noel. And while Obi is out, you just move Knox to the 4 and put Rivers in at the 2 and you still have a bunch of shooting.
    Is Rivers even that good? He can shoot and get into the paint but what else can he do? Does create for others? Does he defense? I remember him being planted on the bench in Houston during the bubble. What a great problem to have.
    Also obi has to play. It's just politics at this point

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Is Rivers even that good? He can shoot and get into the paint but what else can he do? Does create for others? Does he defense? I remember him being planted on the bench in Houston during the bubble. What a great problem to have.
    Also obi has to play. It's just politics at this point
    Not really. But I doubt we signed him to keep him on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    Agreed, if you're not in the top 5, forget it, and, even then, it's a crap shoot.

Philly followed the only logical path with The Process and with 5 super high picks, they only managed to hit on 2, Embiid and Simmons.

I'm surprised the NBA sustains the interest it does seeing how there are so many teams on a treadmill to nowhere (that being said, I still follow the hapless, hopeless Knicks).

There just aren't enough game changers to go around with 30 teams to have two or three of them piling up on a handful of teams. Change the rules to have one max contract per team.
    And go from there.

Draft lotteries are a joke. If you stink and then have to draft sixth or seventh, you've essentially missed out on the draft and will spend another year in purgatory. The Knicks have shown how drafting eighth or ninth is essentially like not having a useful pick - and it's back to wait til next year.

You need to change the age limit to 21. On top of having the crapshoot of a lottery, you have the crapshoot of drafting snot-noses. Also, an 18 year old after four years in the league, where you have to make big decisions on their future is still only a puppy at 22. Except for the precious few exceptions, you've pretty much wasted four years on a kid that you drafted that was too young to get any meaningful minutes.

As frustrated as I am with the Knicks organization, the deck is really stacked against you in this league to be able to do anything but wallow in the muck once you're in there.
    Lol don't be a loser the nba is basically saying. Don't take the easy way out . It's embarrassing. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post

And go from there.

Needless to say I disagree - There isn't a single team in the Eastern conference that hasn't made a proper run at the title or atleast won multiple 50+ win seasons in the last 20 years. Besides the Hornets, and they are an expansion team.
    I think folks will find a way to cry about the setup no matter what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Isn't the easier solution just to start Quick instead of Payton. The spacing isn't good right now for RJ or Randle. (Randle's been thriving because the shot is falling, but that's not going to be sustainable at the rate that he's been shooting it.). Adding Quick to the starting lineup opens up things significantly for Randle and RJ.

On the flip side, Payton works really well with the 2nd unit. It'll be him, Burks, Knox, Toppin, and Noel off the bench - basically a bunch of shooters (assuming Obi gets his **** together) and Noel. And while Obi is out, you just move Knox to the 4 and put Rivers in at the 2 and you still have a bunch of shooting.
    Yeah this is the best way to go about it. RJ and Randle have been fine playing off of each other. The main difference is that against the Pacers and Bucks RJ was hitting his shots and against the Sixers and Cavs he wasnít.

During the preseason and against the Pacers, we saw how much Quickley opens things up for both of them as well. Small sample, but seemed promising.

And I think the tanking rules are a step in the right direction they will need to be tweaked and fine tuned as we the years go on, but already there is clearly no reason to aggressively race yourself to the bottom. And that's good for the sport IMO
    For all the fashionable talk about how the league sustains its interest, and the NBA is soft, take away the pandemic and the NBA/basketball was easily the fastest rising sport in the WORLD. Not even close.

Yeah this is the best way to go about it. RJ and Randle have been fine playing off of each other. The main difference is that against the Pacers and Bucks RJ was hitting his shots and against the Sixers and Cavs he wasnít.

During the preseason and against the Pacers, we saw how much Quickley opens things up for both of them as well. Small sample, but seemed promising.
    Quickley with Burkes should be good too with an improved Knox.

I agree with this as well - He needs to play first.

Knicks are doing a masterful job at masking our PG issues. Payton was taking the big shots in last nights game and if he missed those shots as we've seen him do many times, this thread would be much different today. Watching the ball go back and forth between Randle and Payton all night, was a little annoying, not gonna lie.

The tanking is a side effect of free agency.

When Philly adopted the "Trust of the Process" it was due to the fact, the Sixers had no shot at top tier free agents. Instead they were left with overpaying for secondary and tertiary free agents that no one wanted. Table scraps.

Overpaying for free agents creates un-necessary debt, ruins cap space to re-sign players, and it didn't make the Sixers any better.

I don't blame the Sixers for their methodology because their plight sounds awfully a lot like the Knicks.

The Knicks have been pathetic for the better part of 20 seasons, no top tier free agent wants to go the Knicks, and their drafting outside of Porzingis (in the history of the Knicks) has been questionable.

MSG network overhyping these players: Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert...

The Knicks finally attempt to tank but...the NBA already changed the rules and they settle for 3rd.

So long as the players are allowed to collude, the NBA will always be a biased league that is not interested in competitive balance.

I'm just happy for David Lee, Jeremy Lin for getting their championship rings. Hopefully Porzingis will get his.

Onwards to .500...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast