Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thibs

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i'll agree with TakeanotherL on Mitch, and add he is also getting pushed around a bit more than last year, his defensive rebounding is actually weak with guys just walking in for dunks and put backs right over or around him.

He is probably still the best bang for the buck right now in the entire NBA getting what 1.8m? I'd love to retain him but hope his contract is reasonable. At some point he needs to at least take a 15 foot shot.
    The question is, whatís he worth. Off the top of my head, last year saw Ibaka sign for about 10 per. And no one wanted Whiteside, he signed for nothing with Sacramento. I know Whiteside has issues, but his numbers are better than Mitch. And Ibaka, even at his age, is still a more valuable, desired player.

So what would it be, if Mitch stays a similar player. 4/25-30?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-02-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i'll agree with TakeanotherL on Mitch, and add he is also getting pushed around a bit more than last year, his defensive rebounding is actually weak with guys just walking in for dunks and put backs right over or around him.

He is probably still the best bang for the buck right now in the entire NBA getting what 1.8m? I'd love to retain him but hope his contract is reasonable. At some point he needs to at least take a 15 foot shot.
    Mitch is never going to take jumpers. that's fine, he just needs to refine his game and learn. but if you're in your 3rd year and have never even ATTEMPTED a 10 footer, not even in summer league or preseason, i mean he doesn't even look at the basket. he's so far away from ever even attempting a jumper, let alone being a threat out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The question is, whatís he worth. Off the top of my head, last year saw Ibaka sign for about 10 per. And no one wanted Whiteside, he signed for nothing with Sacramento. I know Whiteside has issues, but his numbers are better than Mitch. And Ibaka, even at his age, is still a more valuable, desired player.

So what would it be, if Mitch stays a similar player. 4/25-30?
    those guys are in their 30's though. Mitch might get paid on potential. Whiteside just came off a max deal.

that being said, maybe Mitch doesn't have that much value in a league where you can get Drummond for free in trade, Capela for a 2nd rounder and Whiteside for the vet min. Obviously I wanted to sell Mitch if we could move up for Ball or get a 2nd lotto pick, but maybe his value just wasn't that high. and if that's the case, maybe he'll sign a reasonable deal.

so maybe it wasn't our FO's fault that Mitch couldn't get us Ball, though it boggles my mind that people here were opposed to that.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    those guys are in their 30's though. Mitch might get paid on potential. Whiteside just came off a max deal.

that being said, maybe Mitch doesn't have that much value in a league where you can get Drummond for free in trade, Capela for a 2nd rounder and Whiteside for the vet min. Obviously I wanted to sell Mitch if we could move up for Ball or get a 2nd lotto pick, but maybe his value just wasn't that high. and if that's the case, maybe he'll sign a reasonable deal.

so maybe it wasn't our FO's fault that Mitch couldn't get us Ball, though it boggles my mind that people here were opposed to that.
    Yeah Iím just using that as a baseline. Other than top level guys, or guys that got paid years ago, most of the Cs that get paid a lot more than that are better, or bring more to the table versatility wise

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah Iím just using that as a baseline. Other than top level guys, or guys that got paid years ago, most of the Cs that get paid a lot more than that are better, or bring more to the table versatility wise
    Nerlens Noel might be a good example, he actually turned down 4/70m from DAL a couple of years ago.

I really have no idea with Mitch, I could see anywhere from 5-18m... alot depends on how he plays this year of course.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    His fouls per 36 minutes:

rookie season = 5.7 fouls

last season = 4.9 fouls

this season = 3.9 fouls

The guy will always be a great rim runner / shot blocker and good rebounder. His biggest issue by far was staying on the court and I watch his fouls like a hawk. To be honest he's had some bad calls made against him. Right now he's averaging 28 minutes per game. He played over 30 minutes per game only 4x last year. He's played +30 minutes in each of the last two games (two wins). I'm thrilled my friend.
    Thanks for this post. My eyes were telling me itís been the same old Mitch this is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Thanks for this post. My eyes were telling me itís been the same old Mitch this is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    his fouls are down but his numbers are way down across the board too. he has to find a good balance between aggressive and controlled.

I think Mitch looks more like a basketball player and less like an athlete flying around trying to block and dunk everything in sight. Heís trading some stats and big plays for more composure and less mistakes. I think he should and probably will turn it up a little bit. But I agree with Rican itís hard to gauge how much value he has in todayís league. He canít even get a jumper off in live action. If it comes down to keeping Randle vs paying Mitch itís hard to think paying Mitch is the right move. Maybe getting a big who can play some D and shoot next to Randle is actually the right move. Baynes and Len looked good bombing 3s against us.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Mitch looks more like a basketball player and less like an athlete flying around trying to block and dunk everything in sight. Heís trading some stats and big plays for more composure and less mistakes. I think he should and probably will turn it up a little bit. But I agree with Rican itís hard to gauge how much value he has in todayís league. He canít even get a jumper off in live action. If it comes down to keeping Randle vs paying Mitch itís hard to think paying Mitch is the right move. Maybe getting a big who can play some D and shoot next to Randle is actually the right move. Baynes and Len looked good bombing 3s against us.
    Yea we really missed out on signing wood

Thibs has them playing hard and trying to share the ball. Not much else you can ask for.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

The injuries are mounting up just 4 games into the season. Highest compliments to RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, and Mitchell Robinson playing hard and keeping in shape.

How does it feel to have a genuine NBA coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The injuries are mounting up just 4 games into the season. Highest compliments to RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, and Mitchell Robinson playing hard and keeping in shape.
    The injuries don't matter much for us because were so deep with a bunch of average players at best.

If someone has to sit, its not like were losing anything special.

Thats how we can win games, being deeper than other teams, and having players fighting for minutes. Thats our 1 advantage over most teams, especially in a condensed season.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    How does it feel to have a genuine NBA coach?
    I hated fizdale so much, everything about him, guy was a complete fraud.

First and foremost it feels like we finally have a competent NBA Head Coach. From head to toe the team plays different on both ends of the court and we are still at the beginning stages. I love the improvements I've seen on defense although they have made some early mistakes, offense looks much better as well and I anticipate it will improve as our young guys all learn how to play with one another.

RJ looks much more comfortable this year as well, I feel like it's a combo of experience and having a coach that's better utilizing him to his strengths. He still needs to continue to work on his shooting but I believe he's going to get there. Right now he should play an inside-out kind of game. Similar to a Caron Butler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast