Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Luka?
    Wanted to keep this to prototypical pgs with regards to size. But I see ur point

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Wanted to keep this to prototypical pgs with regards to size. But I see ur point
    If the pun was intentional or not, i dig it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That's your opinion, but I really can't understand it to be honest. Heck, Kyrie's playoff "clutchness" comes off his finals winning shot (which was a big one), but Lillard literally has 2 series winning last second shots.
    Donít remind me. 😌😌😌

It's weird seeing all this Kyrie is more dependable in the playoffs than Dame talk. Since when? Oh, you mean when he played with LeBron?

His playoffs in Boston are every bit as bad as the worst Dame Playoff performances.

I would not trust Kyrie over Dame in the playoffs. I'd trust whichever one of them was playing next to LeBron.
    Fair point, but if you look at all the counting and advanced stats, Kyrie's had a bigger impact on wins than Lillard. That includes on the defensive end, where Lillard's limitations truly shine.
    This will be an interesting proving season for Kyrie, who will take on a bigger role as Durant's beta than he did as LeBron's. But so far, Kyrie's clearly been better this season.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Fair point, but if you look at all the counting and advanced stats, Kyrie's had a bigger impact on wins than Lillard. That includes on the defensive end, where Lillard's limitations truly shine.

This will be an interesting proving season for Kyrie, who will take on a bigger role as Durant's beta than he did as LeBron's. But so far, Kyrie's clearly been better this season.
    Regular season they are nearly identical.

Kyrie: 22.3 PER | .573 TS% | .166 WS/48 | 4.5 BPM
    Dame: 22.0 PER | .579 TS% | .175 WS/48 | 4.7 BPM

Kyrie's are marginally better in the postseason (though Lillard actually still has a higher OBPM), but again, how much of that is LeBron? I also think if you take out Lillard's two first round duds in 15 and 18 they are again nearly identical.

As for Kyrie having been better this season, it's been 3 games and now he's playing with KD.

Here is what we know:

Kyrie does not play as well as Damian Lillard leading a team and cannot lead a team to the playoffs or play well in them as the top player.

We don't know if Lillard can play as well as Kyrie while playing next to a top 1-3 player in the league, since he's never done it.

Personally, I trust the guy we know can do something that the other cannot to do what the other can.
    Last edited by valade16; 12-29-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    IDK if thats true (once you account for other variables, like strength of defenses faced) but assuming it held true, he damn well better up his game when he spends it on teams that can make the Finals with or without him, it would help explain why all his teams tend to play as good or better without him in the RS.

Agreed on this year being a big test for KD and Kyrie.

Yeah wow, I guess he is the best PG in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

The West is going to learn what the East has known for some time now. As long as Lebron is around itís only Lebrons time. The next 3-4 seasons will belong to LBJ and Davis. baring any significant injuries I wouldnít be surprised if the Lakers are in the next 3 finals straight.

Well that's not a good look for Dames side of the argument.

I guess itís still Curry

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The West is going to learn what the East has known for some time now. As long as Lebron is around itís only Lebrons time. The next 3-4 seasons will belong to LBJ and Davis. baring any significant injuries I wouldnít be surprised if the Lakers are in the next 3 finals straight.
    But this.

Iíve never seen him coast this hard before ever during the reg season. Dude barely ever tries

For the money they are both being paid, Iíd easily take McCollum

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Yup yup you. Thank god he went west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's your opinion, but I really can't understand it to be honest. Heck, Kyrie's playoff "clutchness" comes off his finals winning shot (which was a big one), but Lillard literally has 2 series winning last second shots.
    Not true. Kyrie has had plenty of clutch performances in the playoffs, and the finals game-winning shot is not his only game-winning playoff shot.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Curry has been slapping Dame for the better part of a decade now. I think Dame and Kyrie are a toss-up and won't go to war over either, but Kyrie gets a lot more criticism for his defense than Dame does.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast