Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    48,084

    Is it finally Dame time?

    You could argue last year was his year given the Curry was out with injury but now that both are available, is this the year Dame is the best PG in the game? Hes off to a slow start but Curry has nobody.

    Also, excluding the point-forwards, was CP3 really the 2nd best PG in the game at his age or was his All-NBA selection more of a team award?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,647
    Luka?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,572
    Trae Young.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,572
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Luka?
    Can you count as a PG if they aren't defending the opposing PGs?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,647
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Can you count as a PG if they aren't defending the opposing PGs?
    BBR says yes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You could argue last year was his year given the Curry was out with injury but now that both are available, is this the year Dame is the best PG in the game? Hes off to a slow start but Curry has nobody.

    Also, excluding the point-forwards, was CP3 really the 2nd best PG in the game at his age or was his All-NBA selection more of a team award?
    give me dame over curry every time even previous years... curry was an all star talked about as a superstar because he played on an all star team.. One of the more overrated players is curry compared to one of the more underrated players in dame..... Put dame on the current warriors and curry on the current blazers and dame and the warriors win more games easily... We have seen the real curry minus dray/klay for about 9 games now including last season before he got hurt and we will see it for the entirety of this season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,701
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Can you count as a PG if they aren't defending the opposing PGs?
    Yes because offensively he’s the PG.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Trae Young.
    Certainly, if he can improve his D. Being with the Hawks doesn't help but they look to shine some light this year...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    Meh. I guess if we're not calling Luka or Harden point guards, technically, we can give Dame the crown. But the old school mindset of "your point guard is your best playmaker" has been dead for decades. Hell, Dame isn't even close to being the best playmaking PG; he's just the guy putting up the best statline who happens to be shorter than 6'4" and has "PG" next to his name on ESPN and BR.

    If we changed the question to, "Is Lillard the best playmaking back court player?" then the answer is pretty obviously "no." And I'm not sure he'd even be the PG I'd want most in the postseason, given his track record of poor postseason performance. Give me CP3 or Kyrie instead.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,450
    It’s ALWAYS Dame Time ...

    Until the playoffs roll around. His defense gets worse with each passing year. Nobody looks on that side of the ball when it comes to Dame. Unreal. Dude is legit a liability on defense. He couldn’t hang with Schroeder last night

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,019
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Can you count as a PG if they aren't defending the opposing PGs?
    Magic has always counted


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You could argue last year was his year given the Curry was out with injury but now that both are available, is this the year Dame is the best PG in the game? Hes off to a slow start but Curry has nobody.

    Also, excluding the point-forwards, was CP3 really the 2nd best PG in the game at his age or was his All-NBA selection more of a team award?
    It'll never be Lillard's year. He's too one-dimensional as a score-first point guard whose shot sometimes disappears at inopportune moments. I'd compare him most to Kyrie, who is more dependable in the playoffs and performing much better through the first few games of the season.
    Harden, Luka and LeBron will always be better. Paul was deserving of all-NBA last year because of his unrivaled savviness as a floor general. Booker and Trae will probably be clearly better than Lillard by the end of this season. Then there's Simmons

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,914
    It's weird seeing all this Kyrie is more dependable in the playoffs than Dame talk. Since when? Oh, you mean when he played with LeBron?

    His playoffs in Boston are every bit as bad as the worst Dame Playoff performances.

    I would not trust Kyrie over Dame in the playoffs. I'd trust whichever one of them was playing next to LeBron.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,178
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's weird seeing all this Kyrie is more dependable in the playoffs than Dame talk. Since when? Oh, you mean when he played with LeBron?

    His playoffs in Boston are every bit as bad as the worst Dame Playoff performances.

    I would not trust Kyrie over Dame in the playoffs. I'd trust whichever one of them was playing next to LeBron.
    To be fair to both guys, Kyrie's postseason sample size is super small compared to Lillard's. So you could argue that Lillard having as much postseason experience as he has and being capable of pushing his team to the playoffs as a No. 1 year in and year out is more impressive. On the flip side, it's hard to knock one poor postseason performance in Boston or the fact that the rest of Kyrie's postseason experience is as Lebron's No. 2.

    It's easy to look at the numbers at face value and say Kyrie is the better postseason player just like it's easy to use the "but Lebron!" excuse against him. You can interpret it however you'd like. Dame clearly has not had as much help as Kyrie did in his years with Lebron, and he's had to have a greater responsibility as the alpha in Portland pretty much his whole time in the NBA.

    Gun to my head, though, I am slightly more inclined to trust Kyrie's clutchness in the postseason more than Lillard's just like I'm more inclined to trust Lillard to get me to the playoffs as a No. 1 more than Kyrie.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,914
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    To be fair to both guys, Kyrie's postseason sample size is super small compared to Lillard's. So you could argue that Lillard having as much postseason experience as he has and being capable of pushing his team to the playoffs as a No. 1 year in and year out is more impressive. On the flip side, it's hard to knock one poor postseason performance in Boston or the fact that the rest of Kyrie's postseason experience is as Lebron's No. 2.

    It's easy to look at the numbers at face value and say Kyrie is the better postseason player just like it's easy to use the "but Lebron!" excuse against him. You can interpret it however you'd like. Dame clearly has not had as much help as Kyrie did in his years with Lebron, and he's had to have a greater responsibility as the alpha in Portland pretty much his whole time in the NBA.

    Gun to my head, though, I am slightly more inclined to trust Kyrie's clutchness in the postseason more than Lillard's just like I'm more inclined to trust Lillard to get me to the playoffs as a No. 1 more than Kyrie.
    That's your opinion, but I really can't understand it to be honest. Heck, Kyrie's playoff "clutchness" comes off his finals winning shot (which was a big one), but Lillard literally has 2 series winning last second shots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •