Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    MLB and DT are two needs. Not wants, needs.

It seems likely the Raiders are moving to a cover-2 or cover-3 scheme.
    Kwaitkoski is going to be our mlb, unless he is moved to slb, have Littleton at wlb. Maybe get a Moses at mlb through draft?

We will probably need a couple of dts with Hankins leaving.

I pu together a group of fa we should look at. I left players out like allen robinson cuz heís wants to get paiiiid:

Dl Leonard Williams
    S Simmons
    S Harris
    De Ngagque
    De Hendrickson
    Cb d King
    Rb Booker
    Wr agholor
    De Floyd
    Cb w Jackson
    S Hooker
    De takk
    Cb Patrick Peterson

Williams would be good if we were switching over to a 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Not any worse drama than brown, Williams and Littleton getting big money and being absolute busts. At least when Thomas is on the field, he is good all the time. Every time he is on the field.

So whatís everyoneís suggestions to fill our needs(realistically).

Brown, witten, Williams, Hankins(wants money), Joyner, Harris, takk, beasley, Carlson(wants to get paid), Goode(will want to get paid), Young, booker, Wilber, morrow(will want to get paid) are all gone.

If we think agholor will be back, we are dreaming. He just had almost 900 yards and didnít start a few games. He will get paid elsewhere.

We will get 8 draft picks(maybe). And honestly might hit on one or two. So fa is the way to go. We may have to go older and maybe problem child to get into the playoffs and compete.
    Brown is only possible one who you can compare. From accounts Iíve read Littleton is a good teammate and hard worker, just didnít play well. Williams hurting his shoulder is adversity, not drama. Earl Thomas skipping meetings and walkthroughs not trying during practice, sucker punching teammates, on a GOOD ravens team, is the AB kind of stuff that tears locker rooms apart.

Triple no. Culture matters. Thereís a reason some good franchises stay relevant for years on end while others are complete dumpster fires

Even if we have underperformed the last couple years, Iím personally happy that our franchise is no longer the laughing stock of the league for its organizational dysfunction and chaos. The Jets can have that label

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I pu together a group of fa we should look at. I left players out like allen robinson cuz heís wants to get paiiiid:

Dl Leonard Williams
    S Simmons
    S Harris
    De Ngagque
    De Hendrickson
    Cb d King
    Rb Booker
    Wr agholor

De Floyd
    Cb w Jackson
    S Hooker
    De takk
    Cb Patrick Peterson
    Booker and Takk are cheap. Agholor not as much. I'd assume the Raiders pay ~$10M to keep those guys for next year.

Leonard Williams and Anthony Harris transform the Raider defense next year. Both play the positions the Raiders need: Williams as a disruptive DT to pair next to Hurst (no 3 / NT) and Harris is the FS capable of covering a deep half of the field.

Problem? Both will cost a lot of money. PFF estimates Harris will cost $15M and Williams $18M per season.

The Raiders would need $33M in new spending atop re-signing $10M of current players ... yeah, good luck.

I think Giants tag Leonard a 2nd Tag on Leonard wold cost 120% of 2020s or $19.351M. Play justifies $20M per yr type deal. I'd Tag Leonard. Either way he is to costly for the Raiders. Gruden and Mayock got us in a bad spot. To boot just wait when Gruden announces he will stick with Marinelli and hire a couple of his buddies. We will end up with Co- defensive coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay View Post
    Brown is only possible one who you can compare. From accounts Iíve read Littleton is a good teammate and hard worker, just didnít play well. Williams hurting his shoulder is adversity, not drama. Earl Thomas skipping meetings and walkthroughs not trying during practice, sucker punching teammates, on a GOOD ravens team, is the AB kind of stuff that tears locker rooms apart.

Triple no. Culture matters. Thereís a reason some good franchises stay relevant for years on end while others are complete dumpster fires

Even if we have underperformed the last couple years, Iím personally happy that our franchise is no longer the laughing stock of the league for its organizational dysfunction and chaos. The Jets can have that label
    Isnít that what was said about suh every year for the last 5 years? But heís always employed. Itís different when suh does dumb crap. But not ok for Thomas or burfict. Suh is still a dirty player. Couple weeks ago he drug one of his team mates by the mask in practice. Tweet was quickly taken down. SUh and Antonio brown are on the same team and they are in the playoffs and doing well.

I understand culture. But winning changes all of that. If we think we will win with morrow and Joyner because they are good guys, itís not going to happen.

We have 1 ok Dt, 1 ok de, an overrated de who should have been drafted in the second round, two bad safeties, 1 good lb(kwaitkoski), 0 rts who will be on our roster(Parker doesnít count. Heís a dumpster fire. Lost his job to journeyman young), our number 1 wr is a fa. Littleton didnít play half as good as he did a year ago. And our k is a fa. We have no dc. Itís a miracle we went 8-8
    Last edited by Megatron; 01-10-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Simple donít let Gruden do it

I think number 1 priority could be Hendrickson. 13.5 sacks, 25. And saints are about 90 mil over the cap. Which means no matter how much restructuring, they wonít be able to franchise him. He will probably cost around 14 mil a year

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345