Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I just don't understand how this team went after ruggs over all the other top and more well rounded receivers.

All the top receivers in college last year that surpassed the 1,000 yard marker are doing good.

Ayuik,jefferson,jeudy,lamb,claypool,Claypool,and we took a speedy project over all them wtf.Reagor and ruggs are way too raw.

We would of been having a #1 by now thats more physical and good at route running.I don't trust this organization,just trade up and get jamar chase,he's the next obj,we know who's good and who's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Mariota isnít going anywhere and I seriously doubt Trent Brown stays @ $13.75M.
    If healthy Trent Brown at 13.75M is a steal. Most top tackles are starting to make 17.5M plus. Some are over 20M a season already.

I think we will grossly overpay for some guy Gruden loves, trade a valuable asset for garbage wr that doesnt pan out, and sign multiple worthless DBís that donít fix the real problem with this team.

Thatís our FA strategy. Draft strategy will include three unsung hero tough guys drafted far above their actual value, two fast wr and two fast cb. Theyíll let Cable draft someone late for the OL.

I'm going to put some CAP numbers up for you guys...
    We currently have +4.438M in cap space which helps next year. With the current makeup of the team, we're 7.62M OVER the cap for 2021.

All of these guys can be cut with $0 cap hit.
    Tyrell Williams - $11.6M
    Marcus Mariota - $10.1M
    Trent Brown - $14M
    Gabe Jackson - 9.6M
    Richie Incognito - 6.35M
    Jalen Richard - 3.5M
    Jeff Heath - 3.15M

These guys can be cut with a cap hit...
    Lamarcus Joyner - 8.7M (2.5M cap hit)
    Derek Carr - 19.625M (2.5M)
    Carl Nassib - 3.75M (5.75M)
    Brandon Parker - 1.04M (264K)
    Arden Key - 920K (206K)

These are our free agents and what their current salary is for 2020:
    JOHNATHAN HANKINS 5.875M
    NICHOLAS MORROW 3.25M
    ERIK HARRIS 3.25M
    ZAY JONES 1.389M
    JASON WITTEN 4.75M
    RAEKWON MCMILLAN 1.1M
    DEVONTAE BOOKER 887K
    NELSON AGHOLOR 887K
    DANIEL CARLSON 750K

I'd like to see them let Richard go and sign Aaron Jones. He would be a deadly 3rd down back and a change of pace back to Jacobs. Would probably do a lot in improving our redzone game as well. A Kamara/Ingram like tandum.

Quote Originally Posted by GeniusLoci View Post
    I'm going to put some CAP numbers up for you guys...
    We currently have +4.438M in cap space which helps next year. With the current makeup of the team, we're 7.62M OVER the cap for 2021.

All of these guys can be cut with $0 cap hit.
    Tyrell Williams - $11.6M
    Marcus Mariota - $10.1M
    Trent Brown - $14M
    Gabe Jackson - 9.6M
    Richie Incognito - 6.35M
    Jalen Richard - 3.5M
    Jeff Heath - 3.15M

These guys can be cut with a cap hit...
    Lamarcus Joyner - 8.7M (2.5M cap hit)
    Derek Carr - 19.625M (2.5M)
    Carl Nassib - 3.75M (5.75M)
    Brandon Parker - 1.04M (264K)
    Arden Key - 920K (206K)

These are our free agents and what their current salary is for 2020:
    JOHNATHAN HANKINS 5.875M
    NICHOLAS MORROW 3.25M
    ERIK HARRIS 3.25M
    ZAY JONES 1.389M
    JASON WITTEN 4.75M
    RAEKWON MCMILLAN 1.1M
    DEVONTAE BOOKER 887K
    NELSON AGHOLOR 887K
    DANIEL CARLSON 750K
    I'd keep Jackson & Heath for sure. Jackson did well this year, but we could look to restructure/extend for some cap relief. Brown hasn't been very healthy his 2 years here so its tough to tie up that much money in someone you get no benefit from. I hear Hunters argument, but I want the guy to play! Heath was solid for us and we need depth. His contract isn't out of line.

We should cut Key. He has never taken the next step even with Marinelli the DL guru. Keep Nassib due to the cap hit and we need depth.

See if Joyner is open to a restructure. He's fair, versatile and we still need depth, but wouldn't shed a tear if we just cut him. He's not worth what his salary is.

We should re-sign Hankins, Booker and Carlson and if Agholor can be signed for a decent contract I would consider it. Chances are he gets a better deal somewhere else. We drafted Ruggs for his role so hopefully he can take a significant jump over the off season. I struggle with Morrow (sorry Megatron) as he performed OK this season and would probably still be decent depth.

Let Harris, Witten, McMillian, and Jones walk.

You think Richie is worth keeping? I think I would rather keep Good, so use the savings from Richie to sign him.

Cut Williams & Mariota unless Marcus wants to restructure for more favorable contract to the team. I'm willing to ride with Peterman or some other cast off from another team for less money.

Richard was not the same contributor he was last season, but I'm hot and cold on keeping him. His contact isn't horrible, but we can probably find someone similar for less. Draft someone in the middle rounds

As weird as it sounds I could see Gabe getting the axe over Trent despite the fact he's tough and played through injuries,his position is so readily available.

No Takk this Sunday. No Irving this Sunday. No Ferrell this Sunday.
    Beasley have and stats?
    Key is horrible and a waste of a draft pick...again
    Crosby hasnít seen a sack in forever

Breaking news!!!
    No Pass Rush this Sunday

I would keep Tyrell if he is healthy, Carr and him played well together and I would be interested in him and Nelson playing together. This will give Edwards time to develop as well and Ruggs to play the slot.

Offense- Trent Brown will need to be released or traded. No way he restructes
    T. Williams- He will restructer
    Nelson- need to resign

Defense- Need a coach... Defense last two weeks looked the best it ever has in a long time. And I hate the tampa 2...

Trade our 1st round pick and get Williams over here... The Jets will deal.
    Von Miller, I think the Broncos will release him, I also think his contract is up. Not sure either way we need a guy like him to control the pass rush.

These two moves i think will make our line respectful...

Then we need two safeties.. I like our corners and maybe Joyner could be one of the safeties

A 380 pound man will always get injured every year,its just too much weight.Get rid of him,sign a cheaper tackle and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round that can compete with parker.

Use that money on leonard williams and draft a dt in the 1st round like baremore or nixon,bring back irving on a 1yr deal and see what a good dc can do with that.

We'll probably do the raider thing,hire morris,draft a cornerback,and wonder why things aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    A 380 pound man will always get injured every year,its just too much weight.Get rid of him,sign a cheaper tackle and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round that can compete with parker.

Use that money on leonard williams and draft a dt in the 1st round like baremore or nixon,bring back irving on a 1yr deal and see what a good dc can do with that.

We'll probably do the raider thing,hire morris,draft a cornerback,and wonder why things aren't working.
    Raheem Morris is a really good coach, so I wouldnít be opposed.

Heís not my #1 candidate, but I wouldnít be too upset.

Even though we are over 8 million, we are really under 3 million. There is no way we keep Tyrell next year. Iíd be shocked. So his 11 million will come off,

As for players like Littleton, Joyner, nassib, etc... I do t expect huge changes. I think the Defensive coordination will have some day in who comes and goes. But I think the issues on defense were more coaching. Thereís sone talent on our team. Obviously, if we find upgrades, we can make changes then. But I donít see is rushing to dump players.

As for carr/Mariota- it is a lot of money to keep both players. I think itíll come down to opportunities tgat present themselves. If someone offers up a good pick for Mariota, I can see him get traded. But itís better to hold on to both until you have to make cuts.

I have a feeling that Nick Morrow is gonna be next season's Nick Kwiatkoski for the team that signs him.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    If healthy Trent Brown at 13.75M is a steal. Most top tackles are starting to make 17.5M plus. Some are over 20M a season already.
    I looked this up.

Trent Brown's average salary of $16M per season makes him the 5th highest paid tackle in the NFL.

He played 5 games this year, and I saw plenty of replays of him going half-speed and half-effort. He's fat, lazy, entitled and overpaid, and he doesn't play very often.

Cut his *** and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    He has not been healthy, if he were healthy even most of every season, I would say keep him. Right now, I am thinking let him go or trade him for maybe a 4th or 5th, there are a bunch of teams who could use a good RT.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast