Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Free Agent Strategy

What FAís do we keep? Let walk? Release?

If we release how much of a cap hit and is it worth it?

What FAís do we target?

Trades? Anything realistic and not wishful thinking?

What fa do we keep? Agholor,denzel good are really the only ones.Morrow will probably leave this mess.

What fa walk? Morrow,hankins,witten

What fa should be released? Harris(Jesus im done),key(cmon man),Joyner,tyrrell,trent(potentially),and I think we should release nassib and take the hit.This year we should only go after 1 top defensive fa and a couple low tier players,time to build through the draft.

Nassib would be a big hit but not bigger than littleton.Littleton stays and might do better with different coaches.

What fa do we target? Besides bringing back agholor on offense,defensively I like one of the olbs available like floyd,barrett,judon,ngakoue, just someone with explosive athleticism that compliments crosby.I would say leonard williams but he's gonna cost way too much and we can't afford another trent brown on defense.

What trades should we make? Ferrell and mariota are the only ones worth anything to trade for,maybe trent brown could net us something idk.We can use these guys to trade up in the draft if we go that route or just get more picks,like that even makes a difference.

Bring better coaches period,on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    What FAís do we keep? Let walk? Release?

If we release how much of a cap hit and is it worth it?

What FAís do we target?

Trades? Anything realistic and not wishful thinking?
    A list with possible candidates or expiring contracts would help but off the top of my head ....

Resign : Aghalor, Heath, gabe jackson ( extension )

Cut: T. Williams , Joyner, Harris, Young, Witten, zay jones, Collins, nassib, Littleton ( unless he restructures), Richard ( heís is kinda useless with Jacobs, and not a good returner)

Trade: Carr . I honestly see a team offering huge compensation due to his stats. Love him or hate him a desperate team like the jets, bears, giants, or patriots could offer something gruden canít refuse. Gruden is desperate to find his own mahomes plus be have mariota now who is more than capable.

Another trade I can see is arnette. Dude seems like a problem waiting to happen based off his social media post. He is often dissing the fans and seems like the type of guy to take everything so personal. Not the type of guy gruden can coach. On top of that he hasnít really flashed or made any plays.

FA traget: idk who will be out there but The best defensive player! And a good back up RB if booker leaves.

Cut Richie if we sign Good. Simpson looks promising which gives us some options.

Joyner isnít horrible and a decent DC may improve his game.

Harris definitely needs to go. Key needs to go too

Iíd hate to cut Nassib and take the hit if there is any chance he can contribute. We still need depth.

Iíd keep Hankins. Best DL we got.

We probably will have let Nelson walk

Defense, Defense, Defense, Defense. How many more times do I need to say defense? Would rather have traded our 1st/2nd rounders for guys like Leonard Williams, Abrams than draft the bust Ferrell, Arnette and soon to be bust Abram.

I feel weíre using the term ďstrategyĒ loosely, no?

The Raiders are ~$8M in the hole for 2021. Very poor fiscal management given the cap space Reggie left the current administration.

On offense, I fully expect Trent Brown, Gabe Jackson and Richie Incognito to get cut / traded. Thatíll free up $29.7M. Witten almost certainly re-retires, saving another $4M per season.

Agholor will be an off-season priority, and heíll end up with $7.5M+ per season. Young and Goode will get re-signed. Brandon Parker finally starts at RT. There are some big losses on offense for 2021.

On defense... theyíre so bad, who cares? Hankins is gone? Meh. Lawson, Harris, Takk, gone? Who cares? Sadly, the Raiders are basically blowing up the defense, again, to start over ... again.

After the defensive shuffle, Iíd expect the Raiders to have roughly $15M in open cap space. Thatís all. Itís not enough to afford a solid starter, and certainly not enough to sign a ďstar.Ē

So the defense will only improve if players are better next year and the scheme is better.

Very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I feel weíre using the term ďstrategyĒ loosely, no?

The Raiders are ~$8M in the hole for 2021. Very poor fiscal management given the cap space Reggie left the current administration.

On offense, I fully expect Trent Brown, Gabe Jackson and Richie Incognito to get cut / traded. Thatíll free up $29.7M. Witten almost certainly re-retires, saving another $4M per season.

Agholor will be an off-season priority, and heíll end up with $7.5M+ per season. Young and Goode will get re-signed. Brandon Parker finally starts at RT. There are some big losses on offense for 2021.

On defense... theyíre so bad, who cares? Hankins is gone? Meh. Lawson, Harris, Takk, gone? Who cares? Sadly, the Raiders are basically blowing up the defense, again, to start over ... again.

After the defensive shuffle, Iíd expect the Raiders to have roughly $15M in open cap space. Thatís all. Itís not enough to afford a solid starter, and certainly not enough to sign a ďstar.Ē

So the defense will only improve if players are better next year and the scheme is better.

Very discouraging.
    Your trolling right? Jeeezz

Nobody on our O-line getting cut! No way.

Defense sucks they can all get cut except katkowski, crosby and Mullen they aight!

If we are really 8 mill over the cap. We can easily back back under it. We losing Carr I can almost guarantee it. Him and Trent hold the highest cap hit and Trent is still in his prime even tho heís always injured !!

Do not get rid of Trent Brown. That would be a mistake. He will be better next year, when all this stuff calms down. Leave the OL in tact. They are expensive but worth it.

jmho.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Your trolling right? Jeeezz

Nobody on our O-line getting cut! No way.

Defense sucks they can all get cut except katkowski, crosby and Mullen they aight!

If we are really 8 mill over the cap. We can easily back back under it. We losing Carr I can almost guarantee it. Him and Trent hold the highest cap hit and Trent is still in his prime even tho heís always injured !!
    Iím not trolling. The Raiders are $8M OVER the cap for 2021. They need to cut $8M before anything else.

Trent Brown? How many games has he played? Heís paid $13.75M and heís played fewer than 16 games in 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Do not get rid of Trent Brown. That would be a mistake. He will be better next year, when all this stuff calms down. Leave the OL in tact. They are expensive but worth it.

jmho.
    He hardly played this year and we did well for most of the season. If it means we can get two or three solid guys on defense Iíll go with Parker/Young. Then again itís easy to throw opinions from the cheap seats. Weíll see what happens.

Iím not trolling. The Raiders are $8M OVER the cap for 2021. They need to cut $8M before anything else.

Trent Brown? How many games has he played? Heís paid $13.75M and heís played fewer than 16 games in 2 seasons.
    We can free up 29 million by cutting Williams, Mariota, Incognito and Richards. All of those are easy simple cuts. None of them with get us value in a trade and will have 0 dead cap.

Joyner showed signs of life. Iíd consider keeping him but ask for a restructure. Brown id look to trade or restructure. If not then hard decision to make. Both can be cut 0 dead cap and clear up 25 million more.

Littleton will get another chance. Nassib will too.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    We can free up 29 million by cutting Williams, Mariota, Incognito and Richards. All of those are easy simple cuts. None of them with get us value in a trade and will have 0 dead cap.

Joyner showed signs of life. Iíd consider keeping him but ask for a restructure. Brown id look to trade or restructure. If not then hard decision to make. Both can be cut 0 dead cap and clear up 25 million more.

Littleton will get another chance. Nassib will too.
    Mariota isnít going anywhere and I seriously doubt Trent Brown stays @ $13.75M.

Carr has shown heís good enough and isnít the issue. We canít afford the highest payed back up QB. We can better spend that 10M on a starting caliber defender.

Brown still has value around the league. He wonít just be cut.

Mariota is scheduled to make 10.7 mil next year if we keep him. They may get him to restructure, but that is WAY too much for a backup.

There will be plenty of QB's on the market looking for a gig if Jon doesn't think Peterman can be his backup to Carr or if Mariota won't restructure.

Joyner needs to restructure or he needs to go. He is OK and I would consider keeping him, but isn't worth 11.3 mil by a long shot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast