Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm surprised honestly, thought you'd love to trade him and tank? I'd love to see Randle with 3 or even 4 shooters on the court.

IQ, Burks, Knox, Obi and Randle, I think that would be fun on offense but a little scary on defense, But Randle would have a wide open court to play with.
    Before this season I didn't have any hope of anyone taking his contract and giving a pick in return and how can Randle interfere with tank when he landed NOP Zion. The only reason I want to keep him now is well he's playing like a all-star and nobody is coming here to team up with RJ and Knox in future lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Before this season I didn't have any hope of anyone taking his contract and giving a pick in return and how can Randle interfere with tank when he landed NOP Zion. The only reason I want to keep him now is well he's playing like a all-star and nobody is coming here to team up with RJ and Knox in future lol.

See this is where i'll disagree, if Knicks actually win some games that opens the mentality for FA's to think what if they had me? Being a bottom feeder rarely attracts FA's but if your on the brink of a playoff team and maybe a couple players away then you see FA's interest turn.

so I agree if Randle can maintain this kind of play, and IQ is the real deal, and RJ can keep growing, and Knox keeps hitting wide open corner three's and Burks comes back and spreads the court and Mitch just maintains his level of play there are actually reasons now for FA's to want to be part of it. Imagine If OBi becomes a force?

See this is where i'll disagree, if Knicks actually win some games that opens the mentality for FA's to think what if they had me? Being a bottom feeder rarely attracts FA's but if your on the brink of a playoff team and maybe a couple players away then you see FA's interest turn.

so I agree if Randle can maintain this kind of play, and IQ is the real deal, and RJ can keep growing, and Knox keeps hitting wide open corner three's and Burks comes back and spreads the court and Mitch just maintains his level of play there are actually reasons now for FA's to want to be part of it. Imagine If OBi becomes a force?
    Outside of Randle everyone else is what if and way to inconsistent especially RJ and Knox I have zero hope in this guys, I wanted RJ traded for Lamelo during draft and I would even trade him lavine if possible. I already gave up on frank and dsjr long time ago and I'll give obi till next season. Face it stilla since Knicks drafted KP they have nothing to show for it since then which is why I want to keep Randle I'm just tired of seeing bums on Knicks every season after season.

Outside of Randle everyone else is what if and way to inconsistent especially RJ and Knox I have zero hope in this guys, I wanted RJ traded for Lamelo during draft and I would even trade him lavine if possible. I already gave up on frank and dsjr long time ago and I'll give obi till next season. Face it stilla since Knicks drafted KP they have nothing to show for it since then which is why I want to keep Randle I'm just tired of seeing bums on Knicks every season after season.

I agree, the draft has not been good but those guys since KP are not here so we have to give some slack at this point.

Obi and IQ in a week draft seem to be ok, the draft is a crap shot, and some fans saying well Hali was a slam dunk? Well I read the same posters that Cole was as well, you just don't know. I'm actually today happy with both because neither seem like Frank or DSJ at this point, so that is good news.

I was always good with signing Randle, it was really one of those if it works then great, fans just don't have any patience in here, he was a bust and that was that, forgetting who he was playing with or what he was asked to do or how he was coached.

So let's give Thibs some credit and see what happens, to me if we win great, if we lose, great lets get lucky with ping pong balls. this roster is far from a finished product so all I have is hope in both Obi and IQ, and willing to give them both a lot more time.

I agree, the draft has not been good but those guys since KP are not here so we have to give some slack at this point.

Obi and IQ in a week draft seem to be ok, the draft is a crap shot, and some fans saying well Hali was a slam dunk? Well I read the same posters that Cole was as well, you just don't know. I'm actually today happy with both because neither seem like Frank or DSJ at this point, so that is good news.

I was always good with signing Randle, it was really one of those if it works then great, fans just don't have any patience in here, he was a bust and that was that, forgetting who he was playing with or what he was asked to do or how he was coached.

So let's give Thibs some credit and see what happens, to me if we win great, if we lose, great lets get lucky with ping pong balls. this roster is far from a finished product so all I have is hope in both Obi and IQ, and willing to give them both a lot more time.
    I'm liking thibs he actually knows what he's doing making this kids work hard and play real basketball and grind it out for every win possible. People here seem to complain about playing too many mins but to me it's ok because Knicks haven't achieved anything this past few years they don't have the right to complain if they want to change the culture and achieve something.

I'm liking thibs he actually knows what he's doing making this kids work hard and play real basketball and grind it out for every win possible. People here seem to complain about playing too many mins but to me it's ok because Knicks haven't achieved anything this past few years they don't have the right to complain if they want to change the culture and achieve something.

agreed, and Thibs did say he wants a 10 man rotation it's just not been able to happen and may not with this crazy season.

Randle scored 21.4ppg in just 30mpg in NOLA before we signed him. That equates to 25.2 PER 36. This year he's at 22.1 PER 36, last year he was 21.6 PER 36. He can score, this isn't new. His assist rate has nearly doubled this year, while his TO rate has stayed the same, that's the impressive part but not sure how sustainable that or his mid range % is this year. I wouldn't be against selling high, but even now, i'm not sure you could get all that much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Randle scored 21.4ppg in just 30mpg in NOLA before we signed him. That equates to 25.2 PER 36. This year he's at 22.1 PER 36, last year he was 21.6 PER 36. He can score, this isn't new. His assist rate has nearly doubled this year, while his TO rate has stayed the same, that's the impressive part but not sure how sustainable that or his mid range % is this year. I wouldn't be against selling high, but even now, i'm not sure you could get all that much for him.
    What is selling high, be more specific? who are we trading him to and what is the return and for a 26 year old is it worth it?

A player that has bought in to the team system, who is playing his butt off, playing an all around game is worth more than what we can get back, so yea we all would sell high for almost any player, the question define it and what selling high means.

Should we sell IQ now his value went high, what you getting back?

A perfect situation for Randle would actually be either Charlotte, Chicago or Toronto

What is selling high, be more specific? who are we trading him to and what is the return and for a 26 year old is it worth it?

A player that has bought in to the team system, who is playing his butt off, playing an all around game is worth more than what we can get back, so yea we all would sell high for almost any player, the question define it and what selling high means.

Should we sell IQ now his value went high, what you getting back?
    IQ has far from peaked and he's a player we desperately need nor is he blocking anyone. why would we trade him?

As far as Randle, who knows, maybe to CHA for Rozier. Maybe to SAC along with another asset for Bagley & Hield. BOS has a ton of picks and could use some frontcourt scoring. maybe even try to build a package for John Collins around Randle.

ultimately he;s a difficult guy to trade b/c not many teams want a scoring PF that doesn't defend into space well or space the floor himself, so he's probably staying, and if he keeps this up that's not a bad thing. just not sure it's sustainable.

I remember when D'antoni had Zbo playing out of his mind for a 10 or 20 game stretch that somehow elevated his value enough to dump his contract.

Zbo ended up being a critical component of a tough Grizzlies team that probably would have made the finals if the Warriors didn't exist. The problem is Zbo didn't fit the timeline.

Randle doesn't either. Sell high.

Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I remember when D'antoni had Zbo playing out of his mind for a 10 or 20 game stretch that somehow elevated his value enough to dump his contract.

Zbo ended up being a critical component of a tough Grizzlies team that probably would have made the finals if the Warriors didn't exist. The problem is Zbo didn't fit the timeline.

How doesn’t he fit the timeline? He is 26. Is the plan to suck for another 10 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Maybe a trade with Dallas. It's been reported that they are looking for that 3rd star.

I wouldnt say randle is a star, but if you cant get the star you want, and you have a healthy doncic and a healthy KP going into the playoffs, making a move for randle could make another of sense.

Of course we probably wouldnt trade him to them since we have their pick.

Hit it right in the nail. Similar to Blake Griffen as great as he was even with a CP3 they couldn’t get past the Warriors. Sell high and IMO he’s hurting RJ growth. I trade him to the bulls for Lauri

He just turned 26. How does he not fit the timeline?

How did Randolph not fit the timeline either? He wasn't even two years older than David Lee. They traded him because he didn't fit D'Antoni's style. It had nothing to do with fitting a timeline, which is further proved by them announcing that they were going all in on free agency and signing Amare. It was never about the youth then.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-21-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast