Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Julius Randle

Randle last season after 13 games: 33.3 MIN, 15.5 PTS, 9.5 REB, 3.9 AST, 3.8 TO, 42.3 FG%, 20.0 3PT%, 62.3 FT%

Randle this season after 13 games: 37.5 MIN, 23.2 PTS, 10.5 REB, 6.7 AST, 3.9 TO, 50.2 FG%, 35.2 3PT%, 78.2 FT%

The difference is night and day. His assist% is doubled from last season and our shooting is arguably worse than last year. Only the gameís best players put up numbers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Randle last season after 13 games: 33.3 MIN, 15.5 PTS, 9.5 REB, 3.9 AST, 3.8 TO, 42.3 FG%, 20.0 3PT%, 62.3 FT%

Randle this season after 13 games: 37.5 MIN, 23.2 PTS, 10.5 REB, 6.7 AST, 3.9 TO, 50.2 FG%, 35.2 3PT%, 78.2 FT%

The difference is night and day. His assist% is doubled from last season and our shooting is arguably worse than last year. Only the gameís best players put up numbers like this.
    Heís adjusting to being game planned for to. Julius has been mighty impressive. I wish he played on the break a little more but he has been awesome. The man needs some help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís adjusting to being game planned for to. Julius has been mighty impressive. I wish he played on the break a little more but he has been awesome. The man needs some help

Knicks just arenít a running team, and I blame that on Payton first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Randle looks like he's tired of playing with scrubs.
    Won't surprise me if and when he wants out of New York

Knicks just arenít a running team, and I blame that on Payton first and foremost.
    Partially. Shooting is also a factor. Most secondary break baskets are quick jump shots. Guys also canít run straight back to the rim if you have that threat. Payton is attacking the rim better then ever. He did make us faster last year and he has always been a decent distributor over his career. This year the team often crawls with him on the floor and he isnít distributing at all. Teams have clearly decided they are going to try and take away the Mitchell Robinson lob which explains it a little but he definitely should be pushing the ball more, looking ahead more, and distributing better. Heís always going to be a brick layer but other areas of his game have also had a downturn.

Partially. Shooting is also a factor. Most secondary break baskets are quick jump shots. Guys also canít run straight back to the rim if you have that threat. Payton is attacking the rim better then ever. He did make us faster last year and he has always been a decent distributor over his career. This year the team often crawls with him on the floor and he isnít distributing at all. Teams have clearly decided they are going to try and take away the Mitchell Robinson lob which explains it a little but he definitely should be pushing the ball more, looking ahead more, and distributing better. Heís always going to be a brick layer but other areas of his game have also had a downturn.

Payton has good quickness, but he lacks long speed with the ball. Knox is one of our best fast break guys IMO, and Obi eventually.

Payton has good quickness, but he lacks long speed with the ball. Knox is one of our best fast break guys IMO, and Obi eventually.
    Obi looks super fast running the floor. I donít know if it means he will be really good in transition or anywhere else but he can run really fast

Julius Randle

Obi looks super fast running the floor. I donít know if it means he will be really good in transition or anywhere else but he can run really fast

Weíre literally last in pace, so if we can at least become middle of the pack, weíll start seeing some of our younger guys shine here.

Weíre literally last in pace, so if we can at least become middle of the pack, weíll start seeing some of our younger guys shine here.
    When I see him bring it down court under control and he is so fast even dribbling the ball Iím fooled into thinking he can dribble. When you see him try to handle in the half you realize he really needs to tighten it up

Apparently Breen said Randle leads the league right now in mid-range shooting% at 56%. Thatís insane.

Apparently Breen said Randle leads the league right now in mid-range shooting% at 56%. Thatís insane.
    His scoring all around has been really impressive so far. He def worked hard this off season and its paying off. I sure didnt expect to put up these #s while playing under control.

Randle has been phenomenal this season I just hope Knicks sign him to a extension.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

damn I swear Breen must read these boards...lol. I looked up his mid range shooting last week and posted the same info.

while it's amazing, it's certainly not sustainable. The only guys that shoot that great from mid range are usually the Curry's and Durants.

The Knicks aren't attracting free agents. They have a boatload of cap space. Obi Toppin isn't ready yet. At the end of the day, the Knicks giving Julius Randle $30M/season over 4 seasons will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Randle has been phenomenal this season I just hope Knicks sign him to a extension.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I'm surprised honestly, thought you'd love to trade him and tank? I'd love to see Randle with 3 or even 4 shooters on the court.

IQ, Burks, Knox, Obi and Randle, I think that would be fun on offense but a little scary on defense, But Randle would have a wide open court to play with.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast