Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Julius Randle

If Randle keeps ballin out like this every single game for the Knicks, can he qualify to be in that discussion for Most Improved Player? I mean the man is playin like an All Star right now in New York and to think you New Yorkers want him gone

Yes, but can he ? If he does pick up his team option and we can certainly trade him draft night or during the post season. Or even keep him and have a Randall/Toppin tandem for awhile. We just need two get a pg, and wing in the draft.

If Knicks were smart they would keep Randle because he's the only one who is ballin out consistently

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Knicks were smart they would keep Randle because he's the only one who is ballin out consistently
    Hahaha, Randle may want to leave now 😃 let’s see, what happens. If Randall and Burke’s can keep it up maybe we keep them. It would be funny if Randall turns out to be a future long term piece. Then we can trade Obi .???

I think you still have to trade him unless a big trade goes down that dramatically changes the landscape of the team. RJ, Randle, Mitch can work to some degree but it’s still an awkward fit and doubtful to ever bring out the best in RJ.

Julius Randle

I think the best plan is to trade him in a package for a really good player. So the team doesn’t take a big step back by losing him and instead gets a player of his caliber or better at a different position that blends better with RJ and Mitch. If that doesn’t happen, take what you can get in terms of picks at the deadline.

If Randle can actually keep this up and we’re actually winning games, I doubt that he’s going anywhere.

Those are two very big “ifs” though.

So far Thibs has these guys playing very hard. We could easily be 3-0 right now without those 3Q collapses against Indiana and Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If Randle can actually keep this up and we’re actually winning games, I doubt that he’s going anywhere.

Those are two very big “ifs” though.

So far Thibs has these guys playing very hard. We could easily be 3-0 right now without those 3Q collapses against Indiana and Philly.
    i mean he had a full year of 21/9/4 on very efficient shooting before we signed him. but if Randle is a 33mpg guy, what are you doing with Obi?

If we truly believed in Randle, and aren't just showcasing him, that makes the Obi pick even worse, but I think we're showcasing him. Just like we've tried to showcase DSJR. I mean DSJR has been playing when he's had no business playing.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean he had a full year of 21/9/4 on very efficient shooting before we signed him. but if Randle is a 33mpg guy, what are you doing with Obi?

If we truly believed in Randle, and aren't just showcasing him, that makes the Obi pick even worse, but I think we're showcasing him. Just like we've tried to showcase DSJR. I mean DSJR has been playing when he's had no business playing.
    Only 3 assists actually, right now he’s doubling up.

Yeah if Randle’s actually legit, the Obi pick isn’t very good. This is why I wanted Wood because he could play the 4 or 5.

Neither Obi or Randle are ideal to play the 5. Julius has the strength, but not the length. Obi has better (not great) length and vertical athleticism, but he lacks the strength to play the 5 consistently.

Going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Yeah if Randle’s actually legit, the Obi pick isn’t very good. This is why I wanted Wood because he could play the 4 or 5.

Neither Obi or Randle are ideal to play the 5. Julius has the strength, but not the length. Obi has better (not great) length and vertical athleticism, but he lacks the strength to play the 5 consistently.

Let’s see how this plays out. Nice to have options. Obi if traded will have value. Teams wanted him. Obi for a pg, who knows or a wing. But key is acquiring and developing talent for the team or future trades.

Randle if he keeps this up he could be an All Star and if that happens...you have to lock him up in a max contract

Pretty hilarious that people are thinking Randle is a trade asset, or a keeper because he had a few good games. I need to see a whole season of this before I start even trying to consider him having any value. This is a guy we couldn’t even give away.

Obviously the FO loves Obi, in which case Randle makes zero sense here, improved or not

Wood made so much sense here. So did Grant. I still have zero idea why we went with Obi in the draft, instead of going after one of the FA options, and going guard in the draft. I would have took 2 or 3 guards

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Pretty hilarious that people are thinking Randle is a trade asset, or a keeper because he had a few good games. I need to see a whole season of this before I start even trying to consider him having any value. This is a guy we couldn’t even give away.

Obviously the FO loves Obi, in which case Randle makes zero sense here, improved or not
    he's def had stretches like this before. but its early and no reason not to be optimistic.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Randle was traded for a second round pick.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast