Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    cast off no, but he was an UFA at 23 coming off a very good season and had to take a 1 year MLE deal in an age where almost any decent young player gets maxed or close.

so it's fair to say he wasn't all that valued around the league despite the good offensive numbers.
    Nobody spent any money that year IIRC. Donít think you can find one big multi year deal that was handed out the year before the big bonanza.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    And then in an offseason where everyone got paid, he took a 2 year with a team option. When seemingly everyone got anywhere from large 3 year deals, to max length
    Randle was sort of in a Malik Beasley situation. Young player ďon the upĒ that wasnít really proven but had room to grow. I think he got the contract you would expect. Probably could have gotten a Beasley contract but took less years and more money. He also probably viewed it as an opportunity to play himself into a larger long term deal smack in his prime. So it made sense for him to take less years if he believed he could play himself into a near max level deal.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Randle was sort of in a Malik Beasley situation. Young player ďon the upĒ that wasnít really proven but had room to grow. I think he got the contract you would expect. Probably could have gotten a Beasley contract but took less years and more money. He also probably viewed it as an opportunity to play himself into a larger long term deal smack in his prime. So it made sense for him to take less years if he believed he could play himself into a near max level deal.
    Randle was already ďmore provenĒ though. And wasnít a RFA. Plus Beasley had the legal issues, which hurt him. Also a year there wasnít many teams with cap room

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up shopping Harden to the Knicks and Randle ends up being one of the assets in the package to get Harden to New York

Randle was already ďmore provenĒ though. And wasnít a RFA. Plus Beasley had the legal issues, which hurt him. Also a year there wasnít many teams with cap room
    Yeah Beasley's legal issues absolutely sand bagged him. I know I didn't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yeah Beasley's legal issues absolutely sand bagged him. I know I didn't want him.
    Point being, even with all those issues, he still got what likely was the best deal Randle could have gotten. And it didnít seem they were really listening for other offers

Julius Randle

And then in an offseason where everyone got paid, he took a 2 year with a team option. When seemingly everyone got anywhere from large 3 year deals, to max length
    His deal with the Pels was a two year with a player option. He turned down year two. So basically bet on himself and won. with us itís a 3 year with the team option for over 20 million a season. He might of preferred a 5 year but if got 20 a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Julius Randle

Point being, even with all those issues, he still got what likely was the best deal Randle could have gotten. And it didnít seem they were really listening for other offers
    I donít understand your point. Of course he took the best deal he could. 3 years 63 million with a team option in year 3. Are you saying that is a deal that a caste off no one wants signs? I didnít say he was getting offered his 5 year max all over the league. I said he wasnít a caste off no one wanted.

I was anti Randle up until we signed him. Then I talked myself into it only being only 2 years and said well at least it isnít long term maybe he can work out. I am not a fan. I just think some posters twist these weird narratives about players they donít like

Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Julius Randle

cast off no, but he was an UFA at 23 coming off a very good season and had to take a 1 year MLE deal in an age where almost any decent young player gets maxed or close.

so it's fair to say he wasn't all that valued around the league despite the good offensive numbers.
    There were definitely question marks around him when he signed with NO and with us but i didnít say he was considered a prize and getting offered his max. I said he wasnít a caste off teams saw no value in (LBJ and Zion definitely had something to do with him moving on) and he hasnít been begging teams to sign him.

Is Frank who you say contenders have been have been salivating for the last couple years going to get the MIL next year? If he does and it is and one year with a player option do you think anyone will consider it him betting on himself?

Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    There were definitely question marks around him when he signed with NO and with us but i didnít say he was considered a prize and getting offered his max. I said he wasnít a caste off teams saw no value in (LBJ and Zion definitely had something to do with him moving on) and he hasnít been begging teams to sign him.

Is Frank who you say contenders have been have been salivating for the last couple years going to get the MIL next year? If he does and it is and one year with a player option do you think anyone will consider it him betting on himself?

at this rate probably no, but were did I ever say that?

Julius Randle

at this rate probably no, but were did I ever say that?
    Here lol. Youíve been saying forever that contenders value Frank.

You also said almost any decent young player gets their max or close. Shouldnít Frank at least be in line for a MLE by your thinking?

Then you said Randle ďhad toĒ take a one year which is something you totally made up.

Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 12:45 PM.

my goodness, just read some posts and not sure where information is coming from?

- signed a three year deal with team option? It was a MLE and a players option at the second year he only played one year for NO
    - played his best stretch then got benched his last year with Lakers? Actually he played all 82 games and had a 16/8/3 stat line

- I do believe he was a FA and not signed by the Lakers because they freed up cap space, could be wrong, but don't think so.

- He came into the league at 20, not 19 and why are all of you counting the first season when he played 14 min and then got injured in game one and out for the entire season? Don't think that set him back just a tad?

I'm actually not defending just stating some facts.

Sad some just can't enjoy how he's playing, I just hope it lasts, pretty impressive how he went toe to toe with the league's top 3 player when this guy has schooled us for years, was a nice change of pace, may not last but I'm actually enjoying how he is playing under Thibs.

- Don't discard the Thibs factor, it won't be the first time a coach brought out the best in a player, again hope it lasts, and I'm enjoying it as long as it lasts.

- A guy playing well and at the same time not hurting the growth of young players, hmmmm, yes that is a bad thing right now.

Again, may not last but I'm hoping it's more about Thibs then it is about Randle, and this is the new player.

Lastly to even think Obi is a sure thing because we picked him 8th and would have moved up is not a great thing and hope our FO is smart enough to realize if he's the real deal or not. Should we list top 5 picks who didn't make it the NBA in strong drafts?Anthony Bennett, Greg Oden, Bargnani, kawmi Brown, all bigs, all 1st's off the top of my head, didn't pan out.
    Can't crown Obi anything yet and just may be a good back up for his career, just don't know.

I wish the guy the best of luck and for Knick fans not sure how we wouldn't want him to turn the corner, he is an amazing athlete and all of 26.

Damn, it's killing Rican to see Randle and Payton playing well. Double whammy... I thought he would be happy to see Frank get a little shine.

Payton's play last game isn't sustainable.

Randle's might be...

Not sure if some really just want to believe what they typed, but I'd say there was more rumors to the affect him being looked at by multiple teams and he chose the Knicks, probably for salary, being the guy, building up his value, but to say no one wanted him?

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Tweet
    Jordan Schultz
    @Schultz_Report

Jun 29, 2019
    Julius Randle has a strong market entering FA. The #Nets, #Knicks, #Bulls/#Kings are all interested in Randle and have all emerged as realistic possibilities, sources tell ESPN. Randle, 24, averaged 21.4 PPG 8.7 RPG and 3.1 APG on
    a career-best 34.4 percent 3 for NOLA last year.

According to John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7, the Suns are expected to consider Randle in free agency as well.

Randle signed with the New Orleans Pelicans last offseason and has a player option in his contract for 2019-20. He will likely be inclined to decline the option after enjoying a career year that saw him average 21.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast