Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Hali is playing well. 10/5 on 50% fg/3pt. Not shooting a lot, very efficient. Heís going to be very good
    I donít expect everyone to be reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 12-30-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít accept everyone to be reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fandom is not based on reason for any of us... 😃

Randleís actually passing the ball, have to give credit where itís due. So far he has eliminated taking a lot of the usual bad shots and is involving others offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Sure lots of players drafted will be fine. I wanted Vassell myself going into the draft. Yet, that was because the mocks had Obi going ahead of the Knicks pick. My knowledge of this board is that if we had passed on Obi after he fell to 8, and Obi was balling somewhere else the board would be complaining we didnít draft the BPA. We need to just go with the flow. This team is in progress. Too early to lament anything. Hey, if Randall is here long term then Obi is a valuable trade piece. Things are looking bright. Things are bright 😃
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    My entire point was lost on you, which is patience. We have no idea how this trade will go down as we havenít drafted yet and what are we doing with Randall. Never underestimate picks and cap space. You might be 100 percent right but too early to declare that. Plus, what about the James Harden trade by OKC to Houston. I bet we can think of trades way worse then the KP trade. This board is filled with hyperbole and impatience. But love you bro, this is all good fun. And KP and Randall is way worse then having Randall and Obi. Gee whiz folks....
    I've brought up the notion a few times that perhaps we wait to see how the KP exchange plays out before we judge it "the worst trade ever!" Big mistake on my part. But along with what you have pointed out (yes there have been benefits from the trade other than DSJ already and the two picks remain to be seen) there is also the matter of KP and his questionable personality and far more questionable injury concerns and his max salary. Rehabbing again. Obviously the guy is super talented. I was happy when we picked him and was excited for his future here. But he didn't want to be here and we did get assets back. Is it at all possible it plays out any way besides doomsday?

I know, I know...worst trade ever....

And yes this relates to Randle who seems to be playing better than KP at the moment. : )

ďDavid Lee was in front of me ó David Lee was a great vet to me by the way, I love D-Lee to this day. But when weíre in practice, Iím trying to take David Leeís head off,Ē Draymond told Champion. Ē ĎYouíre an All-Star. Iím sorry ó but youíre in my way. I need that spot.í ďAnd Iím never gonna go about it in a way of trying to hurt you. Or Iím on the bench and Iím not cheering for you. I would never do that. But to me, it just felt like he was in my way. What do I have to do to move you out of my way? That was always my mindset.Ē

David Lee / Draymond Green situation was the blueprint for how we deal w/Randle and Toppin.

2012-13 was Draymond Green's rookie year (he too was a 22 yr old draft pick). This was the 1st year that David Lee was selected to the NBA All Star team as a Warrior. Lee was GSW's 1st All Star in a loooong time, (since 1996-97). It was also GSW's 1st appearance in the POs in 6 years. Even though Lee was an All Star and this was the beginning of the rise of the GSW dynasty, Green still managed to play in 79 games @13.4 mpg. That year, GSW made it to the WC Semifinals.

Through the end of the 2014-15 season, David Lee totaled 197 games @31 mpg. During those 3 seasons, Draymond played in 240 games @22 mpg, before he was given the starting PF job at age 25. In those 3 seasons, GSW made their 1st and 2nd PO appearance in ages, before winning an NBA Finals in their 3rd appearance (when Draymond finally took over the role).

Just as important as his scoring and overall offensive contribution, David Lee's maturity, leadership and unselfishness were instrumental to helping the young GSW team grow into a championship calibre team. GSW was also a team built mostly on draft picks (the Splash Brothers, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, Festus Ezeli). Veterans like Lee, Bogut, Jack, Iguodala and Livingston were essential to the growth and maturity process which culminated in GSW's 1st Championship.

This is the model for a successful transition from an All Star caliber / mentor PF (with defensive deficiencies) to the next All Star caliber PF also drafted at age 22.
    Last edited by oballers; 12-30-2020 at 02:53 PM.

The Cavs going like 0-12 from 3pt may have helped us get that win but if Randle is consistently drawing double teams and kicking out to shooters like Bullock and Knox (even Elf hit some shots) then he can keep this up especially when Burks/Quickley/Rivers help space the floor for him. I'm legitimately seeing the possibility of Randle averaging 20-10-6 this year. That's an amazing full season stat line.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    ďDavid Lee was in front of me ó David Lee was a great vet to me by the way, I love D-Lee to this day. But when weíre in practice, Iím trying to take David Leeís head off,Ē Draymond told Champion. Ē ĎYouíre an All-Star. Iím sorry ó but youíre in my way. I need that spot.í ďAnd Iím never gonna go about it in a way of trying to hurt you. Or Iím on the bench and Iím not cheering for you. I would never do that. But to me, it just felt like he was in my way. What do I have to do to move you out of my way? That was always my mindset.Ē

David Lee / Draymond Green situation was the blueprint for how we deal w/Randle and Toppin.

2012-13 was Draymond Green's rookie year (he too was a 22 yr old draft pick). This was the 1st year that David Lee was selected to the NBA All Star team as a Warrior. Lee was GSW's 1st All Star in a loooong time, (since 1996-97). It was also GSW's 1st appearance in the POs in 6 years. Even though Lee was an All Star and this was the beginning of the rise of the GSW dynasty, Green still managed to play in 79 games @13.4 mpg. That year, GSW made it to the WC Semifinals.

Through the end of the 2014-15 season, David Lee totaled 197 games @31 mpg. During those 3 seasons Draymond played in 240 games @22 mpg, before he was given the starting PF job at age 25. In those 3 seasons, GSW made their 1st and 2nd PO appearance in ages, before winning an NBA Finals in their 3rd appearance (when Draymond finally took over the role).

Just as important as his scoring and overall offensive contribution was, David Lee's maturity, leadership and unselfishness was instrumental to helping the young GSW team mature and grow into a Championship calibre team. GSW was also a team built mostly on draft picks (the Splash Brothers, Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, Festus Ezeli). Veterans like Lee, Bogut, Jack, Iguodala and Livingston were essential to the process of taking them from a perennial loser to a Play Off calibre team and finally to a Championship.

This is the model for a successful transition from an All Star caliber / mentor PF (with defensive deficiencies) to the next All Star caliber PF also drafted at age 22.
    Definitely see your comparison there but I think the biggest differences is age. Lee was turning 30 the next year and Randle is only 26... Plus Lee's injury is what truly opened the door for Draymond. A healthy Randle is a real block for Obi. At some point we have to make a move there.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Definitely see your comparison there but I think the biggest differences is age. Lee was turning 30 the next year and Randle is only 26... Plus Lee's injury is what truly opened the door for Draymond. A healthy Randle is a real block for Obi. At some point we have to make a move there.
    True. But per Draymond's quote, I think it's up to Obi (not the front office) to force that discussion. I think Obi needs to become the player that Randle is not, before we can unseat Randle from that role. What if Obi is the injury prone one and not Randle? What if Randle's D improves faster than Obi's? What if Randle's upside is higher? It's up to Obi to force that issue and answer those questions. In the meantime, Randle is looking like the correct role model / mentor for the time being.
    Last edited by oballers; 12-30-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    I've brought up the notion a few times that perhaps we wait to see how the KP exchange plays out before we judge it "the worst trade ever!" Big mistake on my part. But along with what you have pointed out (yes there have been benefits from the trade other than DSJ already and the two picks remain to be seen) there is also the matter of KP and his questionable personality and far more questionable injury concerns and his max salary. Rehabbing again. Obviously the guy is super talented. I was happy when we picked him and was excited for his future here. But he didn't want to be here and we did get assets back. Is it at all possible it plays out any way besides doomsday?

I know, I know...worst trade ever....

And yes this relates to Randle who seems to be playing better than KP at the moment. : )
    The thing you seem to be missing, is that regardless of how it plays out, we did not do well in that deal. However it turns out does not change the fact we prioritized cap space that we didnít need, jumped desperately on an offer from one of the only teams we spoke to, and got taken advantage of. Competent FOs wouldnít have taken that deal

If it works out OK, great. But it doesnít change the fact the deal was bad when made

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The thing you seem to be missing, is that regardless of how it plays out, we did not do well in that deal. However it turns out does not change the fact we prioritized cap space that we didnít need, jumped desperately on an offer from one of the only teams we spoke to, and got taken advantage of. Competent FOs wouldnít have taken that deal

If it works out OK, great. But it doesnít change the fact the deal was bad when made
    Bolded makes no sense to me! Anyway your mind is made up. Here's to a good season, regardless of whether the trade contributed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Bolded makes no sense to me! Anyway your mind is made up. Here's to a good season, regardless of whether the trade contributed or not.
    Hahaha, correct. He said ď regardless how it turns out it did not work ď hahaha. Itís not over yet, donít know the final result but he knows it wonít work. The Knicks drafting Obi is like the Jets drafting Lawrence to be their QB and then suddenly Darnold turns into John Elway and then saying they blew the draft.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 12-30-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Randle with his first triple triped up double dub of the season and many more to come for this guy who is just playing phenomenal basketball thus far

I don't think Randle is blocking Obi at all with how he's played. I think for Obi growth and our team success at this point, it is best for Randle to start and Obi to take a 6-man role. That will help him improve the most imho and utilize his abilities as an explosive scorer.

If he stops playing small

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast