Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    literally he has? He actually did twice in less than a week, then followed it up the following week in back to back nights shooting 2-3?

You said Payton never had good runs, he has had multiple good runs, that is what is so troublesome, why it's not sustainable? Will it happen under Thibs, who knows, probably not, but who knows,

I also never said he was the answer if that was directed at me, I actually like a combo of Rivers and IQ to be honest.

but make no doubt about he's had seasons with good runs for sure.
    He shot 3-3 from 3 twice in 2016. He's a career 29% 3-point shooter. Does that suggest his performance last night is sustainable to you?

I said nothing about runs. I said his performance last night is not sustainable. Because he has never shot this well consistently in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís ok man, breathe. Youíre out here protecting his honor. I was fine with the signing, we took a shot. It was in our favor, which only happens because he wasnít a hot commodity. If there was more money out there, or a better deal, he would have taken it. Guys donít usually gamble with their best chance to get a big payday

I donít believe heís going to prove to be worth keeping. I donít like the draft strategy we had. I dont even like the thought of us keeping Randle and Obi. Regardless of the hopes and ideas how it might work, it makes little sense to try it. But weíll see how it plays out, and how much he might return in trade. If you are so sold on Obi being great that you pass on multiple guards that you desperately need, or another F that was expected to go higher, you get everything out of his way, and let him play.
    bubba I'm good lol, I just came in here and read some posts that frankly just were lies and exaggerations for some reason, truth be told till he started playing I didn't want him on the court but this play and to retain it, I'm all in. you are not getting this for 20m anywhere, but the ? is can he maintain it? will he start to press when things get tougher and go back to spinning and losing?

I just have an open mind to if he can retain this play, and if so I'm in, if not see ya, either we trade him for a bag of donuts or he works, you trade him for nothing to not have to pay the 4m he'll get and go against the cap for being waived.

As a fan I'm hoping our luck somehow changed and he maintains this level of play, that would be amazing honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    He shot 3-3 from 3 twice in 2016. He's a career 29% 3-point shooter. Does that suggest his performance last night is sustainable to you?

I said nothing about runs. I said his performance last night is not sustainable. Because he has never shot this well consistently in his entire career.
    But he did just didn't take as many three's as you like or make them all, he had 3-5, and 2-3 nights also, no one is perfect lol, but you said he never had a 3-3 and that is not true, now is it?

Is it sustainable, that night, absolutely not, he'd be in the HOF, but it tells me the other games shouldn't happen either.

I still like rivers/IQ back court, Payton has to really continue to play well to sell me otherwise, just my opinion on who I'd like in the backcourt

I didnít say no value. But less than we were paying him, yes. How doesnít that make sense? And the fact he agreed to a team option tells you a lot. That means we likely overpaid enough, that he was willing to give the team control.

Are you trying to say you have full faith in the FOs negotiating skills, and assessments of the market/salary worth? Because Iíd seriously disagree.

The team option tells me both sides were probably happy to up yearly earnings a little in exchange for a shorter deal. Doesnít tell me he wasnít in demand, that he wasnít a good free agent (Iím not sure what that means), or that we went way over market value. I think Randle was gambling on himself a little and the Knicks were looking to net Randle while maintaining some long term flexibility

Iíve already said I didnít want Randle so I oblivious donít have full faith in them.

Still by all reports other teams were interested and the deal was seen as reasonable by league standards at the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Begley

Some of Julius Randleís stats early this season are remarkable:

Through three games, heís posting career-highs in points per game (23.7), assists per game (6.3) and effective field-goal percentage (60.6), which adjusts for the value of a 3-point shot.

Heís also posted a career-high in assists per 100 possessions (8.5) and has nearly doubled his assist percentage (31.2), which measures the percentage of teammate field goals a player assists on during his time on the court. (Stats courtesy of Basketball-Reference)

Randle is turning the ball over at a rate thatís similar to last season but heís also passing the ball more frequently.

Last year, he averaged 1.41 passes per minute. This season, heís averaging 2.02 passes per minute, according to NBA.com tracking data.

Hereís what Reggie Bullock said on Wednesday when he was asked about any difference heís seen in Randle this season when compared to last year:

ďI think itís a lot different from last year. Obviously, coach (Tom Thibodeau) is putting him in great position to be able to find other players when they collapse on him on defense. Heís a talented offensive player thatís going to draw double teams. I think this year heís doing the right thing, finding his teammates, not forcing anything. And heís continuing to get better,Ē Bullock said. ďObviously, heís one of the leaders on this team and we need for him to make plays for others Ė and players on the wing like me, thatís been able to knock down shots and defend on the other end. So I think heís a great player for us this year and heís learned a lot from being here last year to be able to (do) what he can do for this team this year.Ē

Randle said during 2020 training camp that he learned a lot about being a leader and the No. 1 guy on an NBA team last season. Maybe that learning experience last season is part of the reason heís been more effective so far this year.

What I remember from that off season was Dlo and Julius were second trier options for us. Going in I was against Julius bc I thought his stats were inflated and I thought he was somewhat of a black hole despite assist #s (I debated this with Boogie). I was more interested in DLO bc he can flat shoot it and I was impressed with his assist #s despite not looking like a great play maker from my eye test and the fact that he stepped up huge when Levert and Spencer got hurt.

When we signed Julius it was a two year with the team option. Everyone was talking 5 years going in. The board and media graded the deal very well (B or B+ grades generally if I remember right). This won me over.

He didnít pan out last year. If he doesnít this years it was a bad signing. I do think he had demand at the time, wasnít a caste off, and had options

It is if you wanted to see your lottery drafted PF play a lot. And if you wanted to be bad enough to help your odds for next year. Instead of not-quite bad enough...
    Yeah but why is that a goal? This is only something fans need and ask for. Major minutes from your lottery rookie pick irrespective of anything. Way I see it Obi just started a 4 year trial, this is the usual debate here. I'm never in a rush to give away minutes just because, especially to young players that are all over the place. I think if you ship out Randle tomorrow and plug in Obi this team will instantly become laughably bad. That is no place to develop and grow for anyone. Just look at Knox...

Also haven't you been going on about how you dont like the pick lol? Sorry if I have that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Yeah but why is that a goal? This is only something fans need and ask for. Major minutes from your lottery rookie pick irrespective of anything. Way I see it Obi just started a 4 year trial, this is the usual debate here. I'm never in a rush to give away minutes just because, especially to young players that are all over the place. I think if you ship out Randle tomorrow and plug in Obi this team will instantly become laughably bad. That is no place to develop and grow for anyone. Just look at Knox...

Also haven't you been going on about how you dont like the pick lol? Sorry if I have that wrong
    I hate the pick. I hate it even more that we then arenít prioritizing playing him. All I heard was how heís pro-ready. Well letís see it then.

Only this team would skip drafting a badly needed guard, to take a PF. Then keep the guy blocking him, and then resign him
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-29-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Shady how many games has Obi had ?.. One of the worst things Knicks management has been over the last 20 years has been impatient, unimaginative, and terrible in developing players for the future, Bro, your demonstrating the same traits.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Shady how many games has Obi had ?.. One of the worst things Knicks management has been over the last 20 years has been impatient, unimaginative, and terrible in developing players for the future, Bro, your demonstrating the same traits.
    Itís not impatience. I just think he should play. And I definitely donít think he should be blocked by a guy whoís 100% going to get 30+ min a night. And neither guy plays anywhere else but 4. So thereís more of a jam

If that made sense, why did NO say bye bye because they had Zion coming in? There was no plans to bring him along slow. If it wasnít for him being injured, he would have been playing 30 a night. Better to have a guy thatís solid, but not going to be impossible to push for playing time. Barrett started, played 30 a night. Itís just a weird mix of players that donít fit together, and too many guys that are fighting for the same minutes.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 12-29-2020 at 06:03 PM.

I never got the blocking in this forum? We've always shown that guys actually play more than they deserve to based on other rookies in their draft.

so again this year, Obi played one game and played 24 min, where was Edwards picked? He is averaging 25 min and where was Wiseman picked? He is playing 24 min per?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I never got the blocking in this forum? We've always shown that guys actually play more than they deserve to based on other rookies in their draft.

so again this year, Obi played one game and played 24 min, where was Edwards picked? He is averaging 25 min and where was Wiseman picked? He is playing 24 min per?
    Different situations..

I hate the pick. I hate it even more that we then arenít prioritizing playing him. All I heard was how heís pro-ready. Well letís see it then.

Only this team would skip drafting a badly needed guard, to take a PF. Then keep the guy blocking him, and then resign him
    Lol yeah I don't get this - Btw if he can contribute meaningful minutes in the NBA be it 10 or 20, that means he is pro ready. Something Frank and Dennis are yet to do in their 4 years. Something Quickley did in his first game. So it depends. It does not mean you should force start him and play him 30+minutes a game in his first year that consisted of two weeks of camp and preseason. Let him come into his game, if he's playing like someone that needs more minutes, well that is a good problem. Not the case yet. So clearly the opposite. You wont even see him till the second half of January IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Lol yeah I don't get this - Btw if he can contribute meaningful minutes in the NBA be it 10 or 20, that means he is pro ready. Something Frank and Dennis are yet to do in their 4 years. Something Quickley did in his first game. So it depends. It does not mean you should force start him and play him 30+minutes a game in his first year that consisted of two weeks of camp and preseason. Let him come into his game, if he's playing like someone that needs more minutes, well that is a good problem. Not the case yet. So clearly the opposite. You wont even see him till the second half of January IMO.
    Not saying necessarily right now. But I donít like the way the roster is set up. You disagree, itís fine. But I see everyone speculating about ďwhat ifísĒ with Randle. I just donít get it..

Julius Randle

Itís not impatience. I just think he should play. And I definitely donít think he should be blocked by a guy whoís 100% going to get 30+ min a night. And neither guy plays anywhere else but 4. So thereís more of a jam

If that made sense, why did NO say bye bye because they had Zion coming in? There was no plans to bring him along slow. If it wasnít for him being injured, he would have been playing 30 a night. Better to have a guy thatís solid, but not going to be impossible to push for playing time. Barrett started, played 30 a night. Itís just a weird mix of players that donít fit together, and too many guys that are fighting for the same minutes.
    Randle actually play a good bit of small ball 5 in NO. Obi and Randle can both get mins here. the the guy that was coming in NO was billed as the the best number 1 pick since Bron. You are right there was no plan to bring him along slow. He a different player.

Last edited by ewing; 12-29-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast