Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

I still can't get over how good his fadeaway and leaning shot from mid or 3 point has got.

Randle really gets recognition for his toughness passing, 3 to shot, but his turn around, fast away, leaning 3 pt shot, has been something no one could of predicted.

Hes not just hitting some open shots, hes shooting a lot of hard shots now with confidence, and doing well at it, like a legit top tier shooter does.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lol you don't know me at all, upset over this come on dude, really? that cracked me up, and thanks for posting your adding to the thread, appreciate it on behalf of Randle

And don't worry Julius will be in later he's busy right now lol
    Iím not picturing you throwing a hissy fit over there lol, but youíre posting about how this thread hasnít blown up enough for your liking. How else am I supposed to interpret what you said?

Randleís been great this year. Everyone acknowledges it constantly in every thread on here. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I still can't get over how good his fadeaway and leaning shot from mid or 3 point has got.

Randle really gets recognition for his toughness passing, 3 to shot, but his turn around, fast away, leaning 3 pt shot, has been something no one could of predicted.

Hes not just hitting some open shots, hes shooting a lot of hard shots now with confidence, and doing well at it, like a legit top tier shooter does.
    His 3PT shot is so deadly now, itís crazy. It doesnít matter whether heís C&S or pulling up in your face.

Last year I didnít even want him taking open 3s lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

your right, we used to say oh no bad shot , now it's like it's going in and when he misses it's not by much. Every player will take some bad shots, he's just been crazy good, that right side baseline shot it's just not stoppable, and those out of bounds three's with the clock running down omg

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iím not picturing you throwing a hissy fit over there lol, but youíre posting about how this thread hasnít blown up enough for your liking. How else am I supposed to interpret what you said?

Randleís been great this year. Everyone acknowledges it constantly in every thread on here. What am I missing?
    what liking lol, your so off it's actually really funny, enjoy the night,

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    what liking lol, your so off it's actually really funny, enjoy the night,
    Lol ok sure

To think y'all New Yorkers wanted him gone not too long ago

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    To think y'all New Yorkers wanted him gone not too long ago
    Yup that was a very different Randle. Guy really got his mind body and game right and turned it around. Itís genuinely like two completely different players and we really were overdue for something like this.

I canít remember the last time a guy legit developed into a star as a Knick. Itís a joy to witness.

Sounds like the Knicks will pursue a big extension for Randle this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Iím all about it. Build around him, heís proven heís max worthy to me.

Good for the team, bad for him. Thereís a $100 million difference between what he can get if extended and if he waits a year.

Hoping it happens, but was shocked to read that he may consider that or even a short term extension before signing a bigger contract to give the Knicks added flexibility.

If thatís the case, then I donít expect them to be big spenders this offseason.

where did u hear that?

nevermind saw it, seems like a win win for the Knicks if he signs any kind of extension this summer.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 05-06-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Julius Randle

Hereís an article I found:

Julius Randle, Knicks plan to discuss contract extension this offseason, per report

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the Knicks plan to discuss a possible contract extension with Randle this offseason. Randle has a team option next season for $19.8 million, but only $4 million is guaranteed. A typical veteran extension would keep Randle's 2021-22 salary at $19.8 million, but give him up to a 20 percent raise in the 2022-23 season. He would then be eligible for eight percent annual raises in each season thereafter (up to four). In total, this sort of extension could pay Randle $126.2 million over five years, or $106.4 million in new money.

The problem for the Knicks is that they have no way of offering Randle more immediately. Players like Zach LaVine have the option to renegotiate and extend through their team's cap space, but Randle is ineligible for such an arrangement. Only deals that last at least four years can be renegotiated, and Randle's original deal was a three-year pact. In theory, the Knicks could waive Randle, eat the $4 million in dead money and use their cap space to re-sign him, but the problem with attempting such a strategy is that it would subject Randle to waivers. Some team with enough cap space or a hefty enough trade exception would almost certainly claim him and ruin everything. That puts the Knicks in an ironic position: they'll have practically limitless cap space to spend this offseason, but they can't use it on the player they'd probably want to sign most.

That puts the ball in Randle's court. He can accept a typical veteran extension and guarantee himself over $126 million to stay in New York, or he can ride out next season and go for the jackpot. He will be eligible for a max contract starting at 30 percent of the cap in the summer of 2022. With a projected cap of $115.8 million, that would start him off at around $34.7 million for the 2022-23 season. The Knicks could give him five total seasons with eight percent annual raises, while other teams could give him four total seasons with five percent annual raises. In total, that means another team could give him a projected four-year, $149.4 million deal, while the Knicks could give him a five-year, $201.5 million deal.

Of course, there's no guarantee that Randle gets offered this much if he hits the open market. His value is at an all-time high right now. He could get injured next season, or, more likely, his shooting could regress to the mean. Randle was a 29.5 percent 3-point shooter before this season, but under Tom Thibodeau, he's up to 42 percent. His mid-range shooting has already tumbled. Randle made 45.6 percent of his mid-range attempts up until March 1, but since then, he's down to 36 percent. Randle's playmaking and defensive improvements appear mostly sustainable, but if his shooting regresses, he simply will not be a max player. More pressingly, if the Knicks regress as a team in an Eastern Conference that should improve next season, New York might not feel as inclined to make a long-term commitment to Randle as a franchise cornerstone.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...er-report/amp/

I knew Randleís mid-range regressed, but thatís a pretty large drop. Itís been masked by his excellence from 3PT land. It would be amazing if we can get Randle to agree to an extension after the season. Otherwise weíll have to ride it out and hope he continues to play at an All-NBA type of level again before giving him the max.

If Randle does that for the team that would be amazing, and it also could be a security blanket as well or just maybe 106+m after all the million he made is more than enough for him to live comfortably lol

The security blanket could be two fold, one he won't produce like this next year and value slip, and two he gets hurt, so that is why sometimes players won't gamble,

I don't see Mitch playing any games with his injuries, he'll probably except the extension

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hereís an article I found:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...er-report/amp/

I knew Randleís mid-range regressed, but thatís a pretty large drop. Itís been masked by his excellence from 3PT land. It would be amazing if we can get Randle to agree to an extension after the season. Otherwise weíll have to ride it out and hope he continues to play at an All-NBA type of level again before giving him the max.
    I almost prefer just resigning him next offseason for the max if he maintains this year's level of production.

But 20 million is so cheap might as well just do it now.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast