Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If Randle takes the extension now, it will be to give the Knicks added flexibility to add a star, not because he can't get more. That's why Windhorst suggested a short term extension so the Knicks can add a star and then turn around and give Randle a full max.
    you think he's leaving $100m on the table that easily if it was such a guarantee? If he takes it now it's probably a combination of wanting security coming off this season, and feeling the love from Thibs and NY. No NBA player is leaving $100m on the table just to help a team.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    you think he's leaving $100m on the table that easily? If he takes it now it's probably a combination of wanting security coming off this season, and feeling the love from Thibs and NY. No NBA player is leaving $100m on the table to help a team.
    Every player who has signed a 1+1 has done that. Every player who has requested a trade has done that. Every player who has switched teams in free agency has left a ton of money on the table as well.

I don’t think he’ll sign a long term extension. At least I wouldn’t if I was him. It would have to be short term to make sense. He could also just be happy to finally get paid.

Either way I think it’s crazy to think that he wouldn’t get the max in free agency. What potential All NBA player doesn’t? D’Angelo Russell was an All Star reserve for one season and got the max. Gordon Hayward just signed a contract for $30 million + per year. Gobert just got a super max.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-07-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Every player who has signed a 1+1 has done that. Every player who has requested a trade has done that. Every player who has switched teams in free agency has left a ton of money on the table as well.

I don’t think he’ll sign a long term extension. At least I wouldn’t if I was him. It would have to be short term to make sense. He could also just be happy to finally get paid.

Either way I think it’s crazy to think that he wouldn’t get the max in free agency. What potential All NBA player doesn’t? D’Angelo Russell was an All Star reserve for one season and got the max. Gordon Hayward just signed a contract for $30 million + per year. Gobert just got a super max.
    PG is the highest paid position and Dlo was 22 and his max started at $27m. Randle will be 28 with a much larger max, and only 1 season of being a good shooter.

I mean if it's crazy to even suggest that he may not be guaranteed a max if he were a FA, then I guess the CBS author is crazy.

i'm not saying he wouldn't either, but its certainly not a foregone conclusion,
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 05-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.

top 16 teams, top 8 in each conference.

I would say Us and MIL are the only ones built around a PF. Nets too since KD is technically playing PF.

Lakers out west have AD, but we know without Lebron they aren't anything.

Then maybe you can say PHI but Simmons plays PG more than anything for them.

bigs are the least paid position in the NBA, PG the highest.

the lines are blurred though, Randle this season has played MUCH more on the perimeter and is playing more like Lebron than a traditional PF.
    I consider Kawhi a PF on that team. Half the top 8 teams in the league are built around a PF. I would say that's a majority since the remaining are split between Cs and PGs.

If Randle takes the extension now, it will be to give the Knicks added flexibility to add a star, not because he can't get more. That's why Windhorst suggested a short term extension so the Knicks can add a star and then turn around and give Randle a full max.
    it would have to be for two years so it makes sense he then is a FA and can get paid till 33 so it does work for him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    it would have to be for two years so it makes sense he then is a FA and can get paid till 33 so it does work for him as well.
    Yeah unless he just wants security, that’ll make the most sense if he doesn’t want to wait. Helps the Knicks out a lot.

PG is the highest paid position and Dlo was 22 and his max started at $27m. Randle will be 28 with a much larger max, and only 1 season of being a good shooter.

I mean if it's crazy to even suggest that he may not be guaranteed a max if he were a FA, then I guess the CBS author is crazy.

i'm not saying he wouldn't either, but its certainly not a foregone conclusion,
    it all depends on when they signed if they qualified for the designated player etc etc, max is max, and the best guy on his team is getting max, it's not a question why you even fighting this? When it's time if he takes the extension we will be at the cap so what's the difference? He is heading to his prime, yea he'll get max.

Paul George/kawhi, who is the PF? one of is and they both get max
    Greek gets Max
    Embid gets max, call him whatever but then Tobias could be a PF and he got max, are you saying Randle doesn' qualify like Tobias? All you said was Tobia and middleton wouldn't and shouldn't get max how did that work out?

Davis gets max
    Hell Blake got Max
    Kevin Love got Max
    KP got Max and he was hurt an entire season and played like crap right before he got hurt
    Towns got max
    Joker got max
    Drey back in the day
    Steven freakn Adams got 27M
    Al Horford you kidding me got 27.5
    Gobert will jump to 35-38-41-44-47 on a five year deal

the only pf I feel got shafted a bit was Sabonis taking a starting pay at 17m based on others, that is it

I say you extend Randle and you build around him as far as Randle being the face of your franchise

Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    2h
    In an interview on
    @victorypod
    , Julius Randle says, "I love playing in New York. I want to retire as a New York Knick.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Ian Begley
    @IanBegley
    ·
    2h
    In an interview on
    @victorypod
    , Julius Randle says, "I love playing in New York. I want to retire as a New York Knick.
    New York loves you too Julius.

Congrats to Randle player of the Month of April, that should lock him up for most improved and he should finish in top 5 MVP one would think based on Knicks making the playoffs, his stat line, etc....

Randle says he wants to retire as a Knick...he wants to stay and it looks like he has found himself a home here in New York

He just won Most Improved Player

Congrats to Julius

Well deserved recognition in the MIP. No one in the league earned it more this year.

Julius shutting the haters (including myself) up this year. Lets ****ing go!!! What a remarkable turnaround. Like he said, “we’re not done.” Here’s your chance to bounceback tomorrow night.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast