Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hereís an article I found:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...er-report/amp/

I knew Randleís mid-range regressed, but thatís a pretty large drop. Itís been masked by his excellence from 3PT land. It would be amazing if we can get Randle to agree to an extension after the season. Otherwise weíll have to ride it out and hope he continues to play at an All-NBA type of level again before giving him the max.
    yea i've said I dont think it's a given he would get a full MAX if he were a FA anyway, based on his previous 6 seasons and just the fact that building around a PF isn't ideal.

I think him signing this summer is an acknowledgement of that, and also realizing he has finally found a home and a coach that makes him better. Lakers and NOLA never made much effort to re-sign him.

Julius Randle

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yea i've said I dont think it's a given he would get a full MAX if he were a FA anyway, based on his previous 6 seasons and just the fact that building around a PF isn't ideal.

I think him signing this summer is an acknowledgement of that, and also realizing he has finally found a home and a coach that makes him better. Lakers and NOLA never made much effort to re-sign him.
    Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, Sixers, Bucks are all built around centers or PFs. Repeating false statements over and over again doesnít make them true. On ball play making is what teams build around and it is what Julius Randle does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-07-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, Sixers, Bucks are all built around centers or PFs. Repeating false statements over and over again doesnít make them true. On ball play making is what teams build around and it is what Julius Randle does

so you expanded the list to centers and came up with 5 teams. so 85% of the league isn't built around C's and PF's. that's my point. And Nets is really reaching, KD plays much more like a SF than he does a C or PF.

you think its 100% a given that Randle would get a full max?

How many teams have that kind of cap space and need a PF? and are going to want to risk getting the "old Randle" without Thibs coaching?

Julius Randle

so you expanded the list to centers and came up with 5 teams. so 85% of the league isn't built around C's and PF's. that's my point. And Nets is really reaching, KD plays much more like a SF than he does a C or PF.

you think its 100% a given that Randle would get a full max?

How many teams have that kind of cap space and need a PF? and are going to want to risk getting the "old Randle" without Thibs coaching?
    I listed title contenders. Almost all of them are built around centers and power forwards. Why would you take cues from the bottom of the league? Iím not saying you have to build around a PF. If you have a guard that is an engine cool. PF and Center can and are successfully built around in this league though.

As for Randle yes he would get paid on the open market
    Last edited by ewing; 05-07-2021 at 08:24 AM.

I listed title contenders. Almost all of them are built around centers and power forwards. Where do you think the Knicks would have finished with year with no Randle but with Beal or Levine?

you're taking this somewhere else. Randle has been an MVP caliber player this year. no one is even remotely denying that.

im saying i dont think its' 100% a given he would get a max given his history and other factors.

Julius Randle

you're taking this somewhere else. Randle has been an MVP caliber player this year. no one is even remotely denying that.

im saying i dont think its' 100% a given he would get a max given his history and other factors.
    Your factors are nonsense narratives that arenít based in reality. Almost every title contender in the NBA is built around bigs

Your factors are nonsense narratives that arenít based in reality. Almost every title contender in the NBA is built around bigs

i dont think Randle even plays like a big, he's more Lebron James now than anything now that he has the jumper and is playmaking. he's modern now

Julius Randle

i dont think Randle even plays like a big, he's more Lebron James now than anything now that he has the jumper and is playmaking. he's modern now
    He should drop all the muscle and get a little faster. Iím sure he would still be able to get to his spots, guys would still respect his downhill ability, and wouldnít take away the J.

Last edited by ewing; 05-07-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Saved me some posts lol.......that was a crazy take, even non contenders like Indy with Sabonis , how about Zion, how about Vucevic, even a player like Wood now is taking on larger roles

And when we had KP no one had an issue running everything through him?

you build the team around the most dynamic player, has nothing to do with position, that's just crazy, that kind of talk with guys like Embid, Greek, Lebron, Davis, Jokic, Zion, Randle, Vuc, Towns, Sabonis, Wood

When you watch any sports channel and talking MVP's and other awards all they are talking about is this is the age of the bigs , crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Hereís an article I found:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...er-report/amp/

I knew Randleís mid-range regressed, but thatís a pretty large drop. Itís been masked by his excellence from 3PT land. It would be amazing if we can get Randle to agree to an extension after the season. Otherwise weíll have to ride it out and hope he continues to play at an All-NBA type of level again before giving him the max.
    I think Randle mid range drop off is largely based on defensive attention. Julius is a focal point for everyone know. I think unless we added another legit scorer Randle wonít be capable of hitting those numbers again. I also donít think it means that his impact is less

I think Randle mid range drop off is largely based on defensive attention. Julius is a focal point for everyone know. I think unless we added another legit scorer Randle wonít be capable of hitting those numbers again. I also donít think it means that his impact is less

yep i saw a clip where they showed how the centers were all sitting waiting for him and I posted this, his attempt to the rim is now a tough trip.

Think about the scouting report, leave Noel and Taj open for 15-20 foot shots or allow Randle to go have a free realm one on one?

also you can see the help wing defenders all coming over on his mid range fadeaways, he's taken some tough shots.

We have shot well but the guy that usually helps is Paytons man, as well as RJ, and when RJ is going bad even when he's on, he does get a lot of open looks.

Randle would absolutely get the max if he were to hit free agency. Itís crazy to even question it.

I would say the majority of good teams are built around PFs.

If Randle takes the extension now, it will be to give the Knicks added flexibility to add a star, not because he can't get more. That's why Windhorst suggested a short term extension so the Knicks can add a star and then turn around and give Randle a full max.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I would say the majority of good teams are built around PFs.
    top 16 teams, top 8 in each conference.

I would say Us and MIL are the only ones built around a PF. Nets too since KD is technically playing PF.

Lakers out west have AD, but we know without Lebron they aren't anything.

Then maybe you can say PHI but Simmons plays PG more than anything for them.

bigs are the least paid position in the NBA, PG the highest.

the lines are blurred though, Randle this season has played MUCH more on the perimeter and is playing more like Lebron than a traditional PF.

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast